PDA

View Full Version : Giveaway

bobfreedman
04-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Welcome Collectors,
We here at Collectibles Central would like to announce a giveaway starting immediately. All you have to do is register at www.collectiblescentral.com/NewUserRegistration.aspx
If you're the 10th new registrant, you will receive a $10 gift card to an auction house of your choice that uses Simple Auction’s auction software. Such as:
www.goldinauctions.com
www.gottahaverockandroll.com
www.milehighcardco.com
www.oakauctions.com
www.legendaryauctions.com
www.collect-auctions.com
www.gregbussineau.com
www.iconicmemorabilia.com
www.goodwinandco.com
www.natedsanders.com
www.scpauctions.com
www.giovannisportsauctions.com
www.mearsonlineauctions.com
www.steinersports.com
www.paragonauctions.com
www.sterlingsportssauctions.com
www.albersheims.com
www.b-lauctions.com
www.eacgallery.com
www.frozenpond.com
www.loveofthegameauctions.com/
www.beckett.com
www.regencysuperior.com
www.greyflannelauctions.com
www.smalltraditions.com
and many many more….
Also, the 20th person to register will receive a $20 gift card of your choice.
The 50th person to register will receive a $50 gift card of your choice.
The 100th person to register will receive a $100 gift card of your choice.
The 200th new registrant to our site will be able to choose from $150 gift card options.
The 300th new person registering on Collectibles Central will receive a $200 gift card.
The 400th new person registering on Collectibles Central will receive a $250 gift card.
The 500th new person registering on Collectibles Central will receive a $300 gift card
The 1,000th new registration to http://collectiblescentral.com/ will receive a $500 gift card!
Also we will be doing a drawing for those that create want lists within the software and the more want lists you create, the more chances you get to win a $100 gift card to the auction or store that uses the Simple Auction software. To create a want list you need to register first. Once you have done that click on the Want List menu item and follow the directions
Remember you can create your own My Account page on Collectibles Central and view all of your bidding, from all active auctions, on one screen.

bobfreedman
04-29-2014, 08:30 AM
We have our 10th registrant already, Julie P, will be receiving a $10 gift certificate to the auction house of her choice that uses the Simple Auction software platform.

Look for an email sometime today Julie!

hshrimps
04-29-2014, 08:39 AM
What a horrible idea for promotion.... :mad::mad::mad:

Now, everyone is going to register on some auction houses that they have no intention to bid just for a chance of getting a gift card and those auction houses will mail out catalogs to those bidders who will throw those catalogs straight to the trash. What a waste of resources and trees.

bobfreedman
04-29-2014, 08:43 AM
What a horrible idea for promotion.... :mad::mad::mad:

Now, everyone is going to register on some auction houses that they have no intention to bid just for a chance of getting a gift card and those auction houses will mail out catalogs to those bidders who will throw those catalogs straight to the trash. What a waste of resources and trees.

Not quite, they are registering on Collectibles Central, not every auction house there is. We are in turn giving them a gift certificate to the auction house of their choice

ullmandds
04-29-2014, 08:55 AM
still a terrible idea...imo...10th registrant???? how about 100th? now that it is over noone is going to sign up?

bobfreedman
04-29-2014, 09:02 AM
It is the 10th, 20th, 50th, 100th etc...

Leon
04-29-2014, 09:13 AM
Guys
Bob and Company are trying to do something to have fun with collectors while still having it be good for his company benefit too. Comments are welcome but no one is forcing anyone to do anything. If you like it, great, if not, so be it.

What we all know on the business side of the hobby is you will never please everyone, no matter what. My guess is a ton of folks don't like the way this board is run, that is their opinion and they are entitled to it. Just be professional and if you give an opinion make sure your name is in your post. Happy collecting!!

chernieto
04-29-2014, 09:20 AM
I appreciate what Bob has done with his site. It makes it easier to keep up with the auctions. However I always hope stuff falls through the cracks and you guys miss it and enable me to win some lots at decent prices. Therefore I recommend that nobody signs up.

bobfreedman
04-29-2014, 09:21 AM
Congrats to James M. for being the 2oth registrant and winning a $20 gift certificate to the auction company of his choice that utilizes the Simple Auction platform. Thanks

ZachS
04-29-2014, 09:26 AM
We don't want free stuff!!! Rabble rabble rabble!!

Edited to add: My name is Zach Smith and I don't have an opinion

ullmandds
04-29-2014, 09:27 AM
it is the 10th, 20th, 50th, 100th etc...

well that makes more sense!

Sean1125
04-29-2014, 09:57 AM
Good luck, Bob!

bobfreedman
04-29-2014, 11:17 AM
For those of you that were already registered (thank you), there is an additional opportunity to win. Just go in and create some Want Lists. The more Want Lists you create, the more chances you have at winning.

If you have any questions about creating a Want List, please email me Again, thanks for all of your support.

bob@simpleauctionsite.com

Jason
04-29-2014, 12:49 PM
Best of luck with the promotion, I registered. Although I am pretty good at keeping up with the auctions I frequent its a cool service. Thank you.

shernan30
04-29-2014, 12:59 PM
Just registered. I really like the service especially since I'm not familiar with all the auction houses just yet.

bobfreedman
04-29-2014, 01:38 PM
Congrats to Mike G. for being the 50th registrant today.

To all the winners, we will be notifying you by email this week. Thanks for participating

timzcardz
04-29-2014, 03:22 PM
FYI, when going to the site, following the link in the first post, I got the following message:

Shield icon
This website has been reported as unsafe

collectiblescentral.com

We recommend that you do not continue to this website.

Recommended icon Go to my home page instead

This website has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information.

More information More information

This website has been reported to contain the following threats:
•Phishing threat: This is a phishing website that impersonates a trusted website to trick you into revealing personal or financial information.

Learn more about phishing

Report that this site does not contain threats
Not recommended icon Disregard and continue (not recommended)

thecatspajamas
04-29-2014, 03:54 PM
Bob, great idea for a promotion! I was about to lament already having signed up previously until I saw the added Want List creation opportunity. :cool:

The list of AH's using your platform also gives me a couple of previously-overlooked ones to look into, so thank you for that as well. Keep up the good work!

bobfreedman
04-29-2014, 04:19 PM
FYI, when going to the site, following the link in the first post, I got the following message:

Tim, I apologize for the error you are getting and it seems that it is McAfee thinking that it is a phishing site (it is obviously not) and we have filled out the appropriate paperwork with them to get our site accepted.

Lance, thanks for the kind words

arc2q
04-29-2014, 06:32 PM
So, I'm guessing that since my email inbox is still empty I was not the 100th person to sign up. Dagnabbit.

It's a nice site. While I have never bid with the AHs, I did learn more than I knew before about their offerings. Maybe someday soon...

bobfreedman
04-29-2014, 08:02 PM
We have had close to 70 people register today, the 100th should be sometime tonight!

dstudeba
04-29-2014, 11:51 PM
...auction house of your choice that uses Simple Auction’s auction software. Such as:
www.loveforthegameauctions.com

This url doesn't exist, I take it you were referring to Al's auction house which is a client of yours http://loveofthegameauctions.com/

bobfreedman
04-30-2014, 05:46 AM
This url doesn't exist, I take it you were referring to Al's auction house which is a client of yours http://loveofthegameauctions.com/

Thanks Dan, I fixed it

bobfreedman
05-02-2014, 07:53 AM
We are about 10 people away from our 100th registrant for this promotion. If you have not registered please do so and you will have a chance to a $100 Gift Certificate if you are the 100th registrant,

Good Luck and thanks to all who have registered thus far

bobfreedman
05-04-2014, 10:59 AM
Congratulations to W, Holden on being the 100th registrant on Collectibles Central. He is a any of our customers that use our software.of a $100 gift card to