PDA

View Full Version : Kellogg's and baseball What do you think?

whitehse
04-26-2014, 09:16 PM
I am curious as to everyone's thoughts on this item. I had picked it up at least 25 years ago because of the baseball content but I have no idea what to do with it. I have had it stored in a comic bag and board so it is still in great shape but now that I am cleaning out much of my collection I am stumped as to what to do with it.

I know is has collectability for for baseball and cereal collectors on this item but is there a market out there for such an item? any thoughts on value? I know value is minimal I am sure but still kinda curious as to thoughts on this. The signature is, without a doubt a copy and part of the letter and not an original signature from what I can tell.

Thanks for looking

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/mchenrycards/kellog_zpsaefd96a0.jpeg

Leon
04-27-2014, 10:19 AM
I collect some things sort of like this. It is neat but I don't think, as is guessed, it has a lot of value. I would guess around $50 or so.....but ya never know. You need a broad audience and I think ebay might be the way to go. Good luck with it!!

slidekellyslide
04-27-2014, 10:45 AM
I'm thinking $10-$20 is more in line with value...cereal collectors most likely won't have much interest...I collect cereal boxes and related items and there is little collector interest in items older than the 1960s. If you can find some related item to this contest it would surely raise the value.

Scott Garner
04-27-2014, 10:51 AM
Obviously, a Mel Ott collector would think that that is the Cat's Meow...

whitehse
04-30-2014, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the response guys.

I think finding some more information to go along with this letter is a great idea. I think I found my next quest.

Scott Garner
04-30-2014, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the response guys.

I think finding some more information to go along with this letter is a great idea. I think I found my next quest.

I believe that I have seen a premium from this Kellogg promotion. Ask Graig Kreindler to send you a scan of the Carl Hubbell from this promo that I recommended he buy a few years ago...