PDA

View Full Version : Mickey mantle autograph opinions

CollectiblesNJ
04-20-2014, 12:01 PM
http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r718/CollectiblesNJ/photo1_zpsfb2446be.jpg (http://s1363.photobucket.com/user/CollectiblesNJ/media/photo1_zpsfb2446be.jpg.html)

http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r718/CollectiblesNJ/0e308e97-ecf1-4dec-9f44-3e7cd236e06e_zpsd8ee9656.jpg (http://s1363.photobucket.com/user/CollectiblesNJ/media/0e308e97-ecf1-4dec-9f44-3e7cd236e06e_zpsd8ee9656.jpg.html)

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Big Dave
04-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Very nice and authentic Mantle autograph.

joed25
04-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Authentic

joed25
04-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Your 500 HR Ron Lewis print was fake. eBay item #171224280416.

thetruthisoutthere
04-20-2014, 01:05 PM
Your 500 HR Ron Lewis print was fake. eBay item #171224280416.

If that's the OP's Ebay ID, those are forgeries.

CollectiblesNJ
04-20-2014, 02:05 PM
First off, thanks for your opinions on the Mantle, as soon as I seen it I purchased the mantle ball was just double checking before I take it to JSA to get a cert this weekend...

As far as the other responses in this thread...

That would be while we never sold that (Ron Lewis) listing you mentioned.

Well we did but I bought it from myself using my other ID since eBay would not let me cancel the listing. One of my employees listed it without consulting me since it did come with a COA.

I didn't notice until there were 8 hours left. Idda spotted that it was fake pretty quick being that the signatures were printed through the words.

Unfortunately when your as busy as I can get at times I cannot always review every item before an employee posts it but the point is we never sold that piece.

buyerz_paradise is our old ebay ID. We switched when we re-branded the company.

CollectiblesNJ
04-20-2014, 02:18 PM
Just to make sure my reputation is not in question here or anyone else here is proof of the above statement.

http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r718/CollectiblesNJ/NewBitmapImage9_zpsf280c889.png (http://s1363.photobucket.com/user/CollectiblesNJ/media/NewBitmapImage9_zpsf280c889.png.html)

shelly
04-20-2014, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=CollectiblesNJ;1267343]Just to make sure my reputation is not in question here or anyone else here is proof of the above statement.

What I find amazing is that you come on here to ask peoples opinion. Then they give you one and you say your going to send it have authenticated. Then you question people that know that five hundred hr poster was a piece of garbage and you then doubt what they say. Why come on the site and ask if you dont trust what you read.
If anyone helps you again they are out of there minds.:mad::mad::mad:

thetruthisoutthere
04-20-2014, 03:08 PM
I have no problem helping true collectors with an autograph question, but I do have issues with members who only come here asking for opinions so that they can sell that item.

CollectiblesNJ
04-20-2014, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE=CollectiblesNJ;1267343]Just to make sure my reputation is not in question here or anyone else here is proof of the above statement.

What I find amazing is that you come on here to ask peoples opinion. Then they give you one and you say your going to send it have authenticated. Then you question people that know that five hundred hr poster was a piece of garbage and you then doubt what they say. Why come on the site and ask if you dont trust what you read.
If anyone helps you again they are out of there minds.:mad::mad::mad:

Please REREAD my posts, you seem to have misunderstood something

I never said I disagreed with anyone's opinions about the 500 HR Poster. I said I agreed with them and therefore did not sell the item.

Shelly, I trust the opinions here MORE than JSA.

But buyers on ebay pay a lot more for a PSA or JSA Authenticated item.

I like to make sure I like the autograph and that readers here like the autograph before I put down even more money having a ball authenticated so it it ready for sale.

Do not forget I am a dealer, and I plunk down considerable upfront money for RAW merchandise. I mean I think its wise to check it myself, have it checked here than submit it so it can get top dollar from collectors that have never heard of forums : )

CollectiblesNJ
04-20-2014, 03:13 PM
@truthisoutthere

I never claimed to be a collector. While I have a small personal collection of sports, movies and entertainment autographs that is not the point.

I have links to my webpage/retail store in my signature. I am a re-seller plain and simple.

I acquire large collections from the public and have had many one of a kind items that I am sure would never have been on the market if not for my efforts. I screen items here and on other similar forums to PROTECT the market. Why would you have a problem with that?

We are all part of the same (collecting) organism you know.

I come here so I do not accidentally sell forgeries, so what is wrong with helping me to not bring items into the market that are not authentic?

Big Dave
04-20-2014, 04:37 PM
I have no problem with you or anyone coming on here for opinions. It's just a sucky fact that most people want a TPA letter regardless of the authenticity.

Come one....come all.....to the greatest show on earth.

MikeKam
04-20-2014, 05:16 PM
I have no problem with you or anyone coming on here for opinions. It's just a sucky fact that most people want a TPA letter regardless of the authenticity.

Come one....come all.....to the greatest show on earth.

He does have a valid point that, for the most part, authenticated items bring more on eBay.

Mr. Zipper
04-20-2014, 06:42 PM
If a seller is trying to do the right thing and seeking educated opinions to ensure he is offering authentic product, personally I would commend him and not drive him away.

And the reality is "the guys at Net54 said it was good" probably won't carry as much weight with the general public on ebay as a PSA or JSA LOA.

shelly
04-21-2014, 10:02 AM
I was talking about could someone back up what they said about the poster. If I did not understand what you ment I apoligize.

Leon
04-21-2014, 11:35 AM
If a seller is trying to do the right thing and seeking educated opinions to ensure he is offering authentic product, personally I would commend him and not drive him away.

And the reality is "the guys at Net54 said it was good" probably won't carry as much weight with the general public on ebay as a PSA or JSA LOA.

Actually, I have done quite well with using our board a few times for the few autographs in my B & L auctions. I am sure I am a special (head) case though. :) But generally folks want a PSA or JSA letter....like it or not.

shelly
04-21-2014, 12:58 PM
I agree with everyone that a coa from the Jsa and Psa will bring more money.
So when you post an item for our opinion start by saying I am thinking of sending this in to be authenticated. It would then tell people why you want the opinion.:)