PDA

View Full Version : 1958 Hires Root Beer

Jason Carota
04-20-2014, 10:36 AM
As part of my '58 Hires project, I would like to piece together an original six pack and place a tabbed card within. I've tried multiple searches, but I cannot find an image of a '58 six pack or bottle. Nothing definitive, that is...I've found many examples of each from the "50's era." I found one bottle that the seller claims to be a '58, but I'm not sure how to identify the year. Any info is appreciated.

whiteymet
04-21-2014, 10:05 AM
As part of my '58 Hires project, I would like to piece together an original six pack and place a tabbed card within. I've tried multiple searches, but I cannot find an image of a '58 six pack or bottle. Nothing definitive, that is...I've found many examples of each from the "50's era." I found one bottle that the seller claims to be a '58, but I'm not sure how to identify the year. Any info is appreciated.

Hi Jason:

I think I can help you. If you read the tab on the cards it mentions about sending away for a booklet How to Play Baseball and a Membership card.

There are actually two different booklets. See below. On the back is a photo of a Hires bottle. Also below is both sides of the membership card.

And then, something I never saw before, a bottle topper about joining the Hires Baseball Club.

LMK if you have any questions. Hope this helps.

Fred

Jason Carota
04-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the great post, Fred. Definitely helps with the bottle i.d. .