PDA

View Full Version : Pencil vs. Ink

Duluth Eskimo
04-18-2014, 10:28 PM
I understand that most people would prefer a vintage photo signed in ink. With that being said, how much less would you say a nicely signed photo (non glossy) in pencil would be for a top pre-war star? I was thinking about 30%. How far off am I or give me some feedback? Thanks, Jason

khkco4bls
04-19-2014, 05:24 AM
I have a jackie robinson in pensil from a auto. Book. All i know is it doesnt fade.

bender07
04-19-2014, 05:38 AM
I understand that most people would prefer a vintage photo signed in ink. With that being said, how much less would you say a nicely signed photo (non glossy) in pencil would be for a top pre-war star? I was thinking about 30%. How far off am I or give me some feedback? Thanks, Jason

I don't think there's a hard and fast rule. Depends on the player, the quality if the autograph, etc.

MooseDog
04-19-2014, 07:24 AM
I don't think there's a hard and fast rule. Depends on the player, the quality if the autograph, etc.

This...as a collector I certainly don't mind a pencil signature one bit, with some hard to find names you'd be nuts to hold out for ink.

Duluth Eskimo
04-19-2014, 07:49 AM
Just trying to determine what to pay for an item. Wanted to get some ideas of what you guys think without outing my item. Thanks

bender07
04-19-2014, 08:12 AM
Just trying to determine what to pay for an item. Wanted to get some ideas of what you guys think without outing my item. Thanks

Understood. Sounds snarky but pay what you think it's worth. I'm not in the market for anything right now and don't collect signed photos so feel free to PM me.