PDA

View Full Version : Huggins and Scott Auctions TOP NOTCH SERVICE!

Shoeless Moe
04-08-2014, 06:42 PM
I call them like I see them. Good bad or ugly.

A big shout out to Huggins and Scott Auctions and in particular Josh. I had a huge check coming as a consigner and the buyer was very very late in paying and/or putting it off.

Looked like a potential deadbeat bidder. BUT.....Josh stayed on top of the bidder and informed me every step of the way (GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE -which is very rare these days)

Got my big check in the mail today. I know problems can occur, but it's how the auction house handles them that counts, and instant replies to inquiries are a HUGE plus in my eyes.

I'll be consigning with them again only because of how Josh there handled everything. He doesn't go the extra step there are 20 other auction houses I can take my business too.

Thanks again H&S!!!!!

Sean1125
04-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Josh is a good guy!

conor912
04-08-2014, 07:17 PM
I, too, have had good experiences with them. And certainly not to take anything away from Josh, but it really does baffle me why most AH's don't vet their bidders better (if they even do at all). A consignor having to wait for the buyer to pay is absurd, IMO.

JasonD08
04-09-2014, 05:09 AM
Huggins is great! Way to go Josh!

DICKTOWLE
04-09-2014, 06:24 AM
Good people, good product.:D

Shoeless Moe
04-09-2014, 07:04 AM
I, too, have had good experiences with them. And certainly not to take anything away from Josh, but it really does baffle me why most AH's don't vet their bidders better (if they even do at all). A consignor having to wait for the buyer to pay is absurd, IMO.

I disagree. Yes it sucks to have to wait.....but consider this scam, if they did pay out in advance.

You have 2 friends give fake info to become bidders, they bid the item up to some insane price. The auction house pays out before their check comes. The bidders never pay. I know that's an unlikely scenerio, but possible.

hugginsandscott
04-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Paul,
thank you for the very kind words. I do wish the transaction had gone smoother and we could have paid you much faster, but your understanding and patience was truly appreciated. I'm glad it was able to be completed and look forward to many more (and much faster) dealings in the future.
Josh

Bpm0014
04-09-2014, 12:28 PM
One of my favorite auction houses.

BobbyVCP
04-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Been working with Josh for years now and you can't get any better.

wheitman
04-09-2014, 08:17 PM
I go back a long, long way with Bill and he is a great guy. I just have a hard time forgetting that they were the AH that put a premium on a T206 Bowerman because it might have "touched" a Wagner. That's one that is really for the ages!!!!!

bobbyw8469
04-10-2014, 04:23 AM
I go back a long, long way with Bill and he is a great guy. I just have a hard time forgetting that they were the AH that put a premium on a T206 Bowerman because it might have "touched" a Wagner. That's one that is really for the ages!!!!!

LMFAO!!! Well, the consignor probably saw someone else clip out newspaper clippings, and get them graded and sell for ungodly amounts, and thought to himself "Hey, these collectors are a stupid lot, eh? I want my piece of the stupidity pie!". NEWSPAPER CLIPPINGS!!!! I'm sure something even stupider is right around the corner.....stay tuned!

http://www.gregbussineauauctions.com/ItemImages/000008/21724782_f_lg.jpeg

ullmandds
04-10-2014, 07:03 AM

+1...Among other blunders.

hugginsandscott
04-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Pete,
I'm not sure exactly what it is you have against us - every time there is a thread about us or a lot that we have, you seem to throw jabs at us every chance you get. It's a public forum and obviously, you are free to do what you want, but I would love to know specifically what it is that we did to you. This thread was a compliment towards us, but you just can't let that go, can you?

Josh

ngrow9
04-22-2014, 07:25 PM
I have to add my own praise of H&S, only this time from a bidder's perspective. I won my first lot from H&S in their April auction a week and a half ago. I received an invoice less that 24 hours later, and a week after that (this past Friday) I was notified that my package had shipped. I received it today. The item was just as described in the catalog, and the shipment was immaculately wrapped (for a more than reasonable shipping rate). All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

painthistorian
04-22-2014, 09:44 PM
There can only one thing you can say about the service and care about Huggins and Scott-FABULOUS!

all auction houses may make description mistakes occasionally but H&S truly stands behind their word, Josh and Bill are great to work with..I rarely post but they deserve the respect of this hobby

Larry G. (since 1974, 40 years seems like yesterday I got my first Trader Speaks in the mail)

Kingcobb
04-23-2014, 06:28 AM
I would also like to add great service and outstanding items. 1 week turnaround and shipping under $12.00.

ooo-ribay
06-13-2014, 05:23 PM
Until last night, I had never won a H&S auction. But even prior to my big win :p , Josh was already great about answering emails. Not everyone can say that!

Additionally, he was happy to ship the item as I requested and didn't give some ridiculous reason why he couldn't, as so many eBay sellers seem to do.

Hankphenom
06-13-2014, 06:53 PM
I go back 20 years with Bill and Josh, many, many transactions of every kind imaginable. If I ever had any problem with them, it was so minor that I have forgotten about it completely. Both great to work with, and Bill always has a great staff. Highest recommendation for H & S.