PDA

View Full Version : Another Minor 1962 Variation

JollyElm
04-03-2014, 09:11 PM
While working on my 1962 Green Tints Guide, I discovered another variation. It's a pretty minor, but I would say relatively significant, variation in card number 125, Gene Woodling.

In the regular (non GT) version of his card, the sky is blue and there's nothing of note there. But in this variation, there appears a curious, faint, perfectly round, white circle (before you d-bag pontificators chime in, I know, I know, saying 'perfectly round' with regards to a circle is redundant) emanating from his bat into the sky. At first glance, it almost appears to be the remnants of an old price tag on the card, but it's not.

Although it's a little tough to see in the scan (because these cards all started out as lo-res 72 dpi scans), I've provided 3 different cards containing this anomaly, so it's not a one time thing. I've highlighted the circle in red on the first card. Focus your eyes and you'll see it on the other two as well.

bnorth
04-05-2014, 06:01 AM
Thank you for sharing. How many did you look through to find those 3. I looked at close to 40 and found 4 of them.

JollyElm
04-05-2014, 05:12 PM
They were all on ebay, so I probably went through the same ones as you, if that's where you looked. I just grabbed the pics of the ones that sorta jumped out at me most.