PDA

View Full Version : It seems like just yesterday....

Leon
04-02-2014, 11:49 AM
It seems like just yesterday we switched s/w on the forum but it's been exactly 5 yrs. How time flies when you are having fun!! And in that time we have picked up about 4500 new, registered members. Thanks to all for making this a great place to talk pre-war (and post war) cards and collectibles.

ullmandds
04-02-2014, 11:57 AM
IT sure does Leon...wow...4500 new members...that's almost as many T206's in a master set!!!!

frankbmd
04-02-2014, 12:01 PM
IT sure does Leon...wow...4500 new members...that's almost as many T206's in a master set!!!!

Gosh, I'll have to look in a mirror to see if I have a rare back..................
.......................or perhaps I'm a freak.:D

ullmandds
04-02-2014, 12:13 PM
i know I'm a freak...and worth millions!!!!:D:D:D

Bumpus Jones
04-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Congrats, Leon!

Exhibitman
04-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Umm, we collect cards...we're all freaks.

Five years? Wow, time flies. Even worse, this year will be my 11th National in a row.

irishdenny
04-02-2014, 02:16 PM
iN the Spirit of Reminiscing, I Really Wish That Dude "Peter Chao" Would Chime iN...

I Really Do MiSS HiM!

(& I don't even care if he was someone's alter ego...)

Leon
04-02-2014, 07:02 PM
iN the Spirit of Reminiscing, I Really Wish That Dude "Peter Chao" Would Chime iN...

I Really Do MiSS HiM!

That's funny...

gnaz01
04-02-2014, 07:05 PM
It seems like just yesterday we switched s/w on the forum but it's been exactly 5 yrs. How time flies when you are having fun!! And in that time we have picked up about 4500 new, registered members. Thanks to all for making this a great place to talk pre-war (and post war) cards and collectibles.

And before that it was ARCHIVE :D

Eric72
04-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Leon,

Congrats and thanks for welcoming me onto Net54. I wish that my Internet searches from five years ago led me here.

Oh, well. Better late than never.

Best regards,

Eric

Paul S
04-02-2014, 07:44 PM
That's funny...

Yes, it's funny because it's so true! To this day, and I still don't know if it's someone's alter ego. What I do know, without having to search the archives, is that he was totally oblivious about the general clime of Net54, oft times annoying, but totally harmless. And walked around with some choice cards in his pocket and would come here and ask questions about condition and value --- uh, that's the same thing that still goes on here this very day, ain't it? So. believe it or not, I do miss him too. He was a pain but very tolerable, if you caught the drift from he angle he was coming from.

mrvster
04-02-2014, 07:53 PM
sad but true, I couldn't imagine my life without the Net 54:o

Leon
04-02-2014, 07:53 PM
Yes, it's funny because it's so true! To this day, and I still don't know if it's someone's alter ego. What I do know, without having to search the archives, is that he was totally oblivious about the general clime of Net54, oft times annoying, but totally harmless. And walked around with some choice cards in his pocket and would come here and ask questions about condition and value --- uh, that's the same thing that still goes on here this very day, ain't it? So. believe it or not, I do miss him too. He was a pain but very tolerable, if you caught the drift from he angle he was coming from.

I think if anyone goes back and looks I was fine with Chao most of the times. I forget what lead to his demise on the board....but I am sure it was wacky.

Paul S
04-02-2014, 08:09 PM
I think if anyone goes back and looks I was fine with Chao most of the times. I forget what lead to his demise on the board....but I am sure it was wacky.

You were fine with him, as per your usual. I don't remember if you actually tossed him. He might have eventually dismissed himself. It was more like, he will just pester people to death. He asks a question, members give him a legit response, his next post on the topic is nothing like what anybody just said.

Leon
04-02-2014, 08:16 PM
You were fine with him, as per your usual. I don't remember if you actually tossed him. He might have eventually dismissed himself. It was more like, he will just pester people to death. He asks a question, members give him a legit response, his next post on the topic is nothing like what anybody just said.

I am pretty sure it was some of our members (not me) giving him a hard time and him leaving. I don't remember banning him for any reason. Kind of a weird character though...

Paul S
04-02-2014, 08:43 PM
I am pretty sure it was some of our members (not me) giving him a hard time and him leaving. I don't remember banning him for any reason. Kind of a weird character though...

Yes, he WAS totally off the wall. Drove some members out of their mind -- you know, like a flock of crows that harrow a hawk out of the area. Chao split the scene.

ethicsprof
04-02-2014, 10:23 PM
congratulations,
leon, brian,dan et al
I still remember the mild controversy that ensued in the discussion about
the possibility of change coming. I think it was JC who was most vociferous
about how difficult all the new, fancy technology was going to be. I think
he bowed out because of the change. I have to say I was a bit on edge about it myself since I'm one of the 2 Barry's who is proud to do email and that's about it. It sure has been quite a good ride for the last 5 or 10 years,
with a few flats and tune-ups but a very worthwhile trip and quite a great number of
fine tour guides.
all the best to everyone,
barry

the 'stache
04-03-2014, 02:23 AM
Like Eric, I, too, wish I'd found this place long ago.

Thank you to Leon et all for making this place truly special.

chernieto
04-03-2014, 06:28 AM
Like Eric, I, too, wish I'd found this place long ago.

Thank you to Leon et all for making this place truly special.

+1

irishdenny
04-03-2014, 07:12 AM

I Really Do MiSS HiM!

That's funny...

This iS Classic Peter Chao...

I Think I just hurt myself from Laughing So Hard...
"I LOVE THIS GUY's WORLD... WHAT A CHARACTOR :rolleyes:

I Would Love to Hang Out with Him for an Afternoon...
Giving Christmas (Prewar Cards) Cards to a "Beginner in the Hobby... & Then He Realizes He'S a Beginner!
I Nearly Blew a Snot Bubble & Hurt my herniated diaphragm at the Same Time"

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=87785&highlight=Peter+Chao

john/z28jd's Reply is Just Brilliant!!!

Thank You Peter where ever You are...

Oh what a morning it's gonna be :D