PDA

View Full Version : Is 1941 Double Play undervalued?

jandr272
03-29-2014, 09:00 AM
I'm currently watching some very sharp PSA 7 Double Play cards of Red Sox HOFs, and even at a price that doesn't seem to be generating much interest they seem like a steal for high graded 1941 cards. There are a lot of HOFs in the set as well, and the PSA populations seem low (I know this doesn't necessarily correlate to rarity).

Thoughts?

Leon
03-29-2014, 09:19 AM
I'm currently watching some very sharp PSA 7 Double Play cards of Red Sox HOFs, and even at a price that doesn't seem to be generating much interest they seem like a steal for high graded 1941 cards. There are a lot of HOFs in the set as well, and the PSA populations seem low (I know this doesn't necessarily correlate to rarity).

Thoughts?

The demand side of the equation isn't strong enough. I live that issue on a daily basis when selling. It seems when I am buying (at auction), it's me and one other guy who won't give up. Then I sell and that one guy has no competition.

Bocabirdman
03-29-2014, 09:45 AM
When I made the leap from Topps/Bowman to Pre-War, the Double Plays and Play Balls seemed like such "old" cards. I quickly moved past them and settled in 25 years , or so, earlier. I wonder if those sets are too old for Post-War collectors and too new for Pre-War collectors :eek:

Fred
03-29-2014, 10:09 AM
Leon,

That sounds like everything I collect....

conor912
03-29-2014, 10:52 AM
There are a few cards in the set like the William/Cronin both swinging that are kind of cool, but otherwise it's a pretty boring set....b/w, mostly small portrait shots, etc. I put it with '48 Bowmans in the "meh" category.

judsonhamlin
03-29-2014, 12:56 PM
On the up side, it does have some good first(Rizzuto, Reiser, Reese) and last (Grove, Greenberg, Medwick & Foxx) cards.

bwbc917
03-29-2014, 01:33 PM
I think they suffer from having 2 guys on each card. The multi-player cards we were raised with always had lesser value and demand. I think that mindset effects the Double Play.

Jeffrompa
03-29-2014, 01:52 PM
They seem plentiful to me Ive even found some at local flea markets . Last of the Pre War issues the commons don't get much love as I see it . Edited for poor spelling .