PDA

View Full Version : $1600 for a t206 PSA 6 commons?

GregMitch34
03-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Yes, there's a Hooks Wiltse portrait going for that over at Goodwin today. Apparently the "hook" is that it is alleged to be the top-graded Old Mill. However, when was that SUCH a big deal? And, BTW, while it is described as highest graded in fact there is one other PSA 6 for that. Isn't the proper description "none higher"?

Anyway, if anyone wants to offer me $1400 for my Bill Bradley t206 Old Mill actual highest graded PSA 6--fire away!! Or maybe I should double that....

glynparson
03-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Whether it's a pop 1 or 20 at that grade. It's still highest graded 1/2 or whatever the total is. Also there is some competition from big money guys doing the full set as nice as possible with each back. Put your card in Goodwin he does seem to get top dollar on tougher t cards. I do agree price seems a high but that's an auction.

MVSNYC
03-27-2014, 10:06 AM
I hope whoever is spending the big bucks on these "low pop" cards, is doing their own pop report reseach, across the board in ALL brands, including "unkown backs". There are MANY cards that have been graded before PSA starting breaking it down by brands.

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
03-27-2014, 10:07 AM
This is crazy money. I don't see PSA 6 as being so high that it will remain there.

bn2cardz
03-27-2014, 10:11 AM
May be frequency of sale as well. Looking at cardtarget there isn't a single listed sale of ANY Wiltse no cap card with an old mill back. Both variations of Bradley have numerous.

teetwoohsix
03-27-2014, 03:28 PM
May be frequency of sale as well. Looking at cardtarget there isn't a single listed sale of ANY Wiltse no cap card with an old mill back. Both variations of Bradley have numerous.

11:11 :) I think this^^ could be a very good possibility. Tough combination, not available for sale very often, and in a higher grade-plus what Glyn said, about big money collectors trying to put together the full set nice as possible.

Mike is right about the pop reports. Not 100% accurate, for the reasons he stated.

Sincerely, Clayton

GregMitch34
03-27-2014, 09:09 PM
Up to $1600. Auction still going. Hard to believe "not up for auction" often would be that big a factor. And still think should not be described as "highest graded" instead of "none higher."

teetwoohsix
03-27-2014, 10:20 PM
Hard to believe "not up for auction" often would be that big a factor.

Why is that hard to believe? CardTarget seems to go back usually at least to around 2008-that's 6 years. If this is a card you've been waiting to show up for 6+ years, I could see that being a factor to go big even more so than the high grade. I mean, from purely a collectors POV, I would think to myself "how much longer would I have to wait to see another one show up?".

The key is the front/back combination, in my opinion, more than the high grade. I think the high grade is secondary. Plus, the lack of availability of the combination. People are doing their research is what it tells me. :)

Sincerely, Clayton

MVSNYC
03-27-2014, 10:35 PM
Also, the card happens to be pretty killer, a very strong, bold example. not saying i'd pay that amount for it, but if i had big-time coin, and liked the way it looked, i'd bid hard without much thought.

teetwoohsix
03-27-2014, 10:48 PM
Also, the card happens to be pretty killer, a very strong, bold example. not saying i'd pay that amount for it, but if i had big-time coin, and liked the way it looked, i'd bid hard without much thought.

Exactly- that amount may be way out of my range, but for some it's like dropping twenty dollars.

Sincerely, Clayton

bn2cardz
03-28-2014, 10:10 AM
I know cardtarget doesn't catch every card sold in the last 6 years, but I couldn't find one in a quick google search. I do believe the frequency does outweigh the grade. I recently paid some very high prices for a card with disregard to the grade because I am going for a back run and wanted the card and apparently so did some others (this was above other cards in the same grade from the same set).

srs1a
03-28-2014, 11:12 AM
OM backs on print group 1 subjects aren't exactly easy to find.