PDA

View Full Version : Sell, hold...or use?

bbcard1
03-25-2014, 09:59 PM
This most assuredly isn't vintage, but looking for some opinions. I picked up a pair of Jackie Bradley Jr. cleats from his minor league game with a letter from the team. It was a charity auction and I got them very cheaply. Should I:

1) Go ahead and list them on ebay

2) Hold them in case he turns into something special

3) Use them because our feet are the same size and softball season is coming up?

Thoughts?

daves_resale_shop
03-26-2014, 03:20 AM
They would surely make you run faster!

My fear is that Jackie could turn out to be another Jeff McNeely!

I'd list them on ebay while he's hot

sayhey24
03-26-2014, 07:56 AM
If they actually fit you well, I vote for using them. The money from a sale will be gone quickly, but wearing a big leauger's shoes for the summer would be a pretty cool experience!

Greg

ooo-ribay
03-26-2014, 08:40 AM
They would surely make you run faster!

My fear is that Jackie could turn out to be another Jeff McNeely!

I'd list them on ebay while he's hot

While or when? Red Sock, right? For those of us not in Sox Nation, I couldn't tell you if he was a star or a bust.

Republicaninmass
03-26-2014, 09:02 AM
I think both him and Grady Sizemore are competing for the centerfield spot. Sizemore seems to have won it, at least over the last few days. Bradley was off to a hot start.

scooter729
03-26-2014, 09:16 AM
JBJ is hitting about .175 in spring training right now, and likely will start the year in Pawtucket to get some playing time while Sizemore is hot.

If you're going to sell them, I'd at least wait until he's a regular during the season, and not at this point.

Runscott
03-26-2014, 09:34 AM
Back in the '80s, after a Nebraska football game, one of their receivers gave me a pair of game-used cleats. They fit great and I wore them until they were useless; however, I had no understanding of game-used at the time.

I still have very little appreciation for game-used shoes, so I say "wear them".

thecatspajamas
03-26-2014, 08:25 PM
wearing a big leauger's shoes for the summer would be a pretty cool experience!

Unless they had athlete's foot... :eek: