PDA

View Full Version : Vintage card Show in Ephrata, Pennsylvania (Lancaster Co.) this Saturday (29th).

tedzan
03-23-2014, 08:08 AM
The Ephrata Show has been an annual event since 1980. It's a family affair......many collectors bring their wives (or girlfriends),
and their children. There are many attractions to enjoy in the surrounding Pennsylvania Dutch area.

I will be set up near the entrance with my usual array of vintage stuff (1888 - 1974 cards). Including many T206 cards (graded
and ungraded).

Show time is 9 AM - 5 PM.....with an auction starting in the late afternoon.

Location is in downtown Ephrata at the Ephrata Recreation Center.

More information will follow. Hope to see some of you this Saturday at this Show..

TED Z

bigred1
03-24-2014, 01:09 PM
Give me some info. Bowling in the Dutchman bowling Tournament this weekend, would like to come by. Sounds pretty close.

tedzan
03-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Show opens....8:30 a.m.....Auction starts at 2:30 p.m.....show ends at 5 p.m.

Dealers
I have received several emails regarding the dealers's stuff at this show. Last year there were approx. 50 dealers with a variety of stuff.
I'd say about 33-40 % of the dealers at the show are selling vintage cards, memorabilia, etc..

Directions
Take Rte 222 and get off at the Ephrata exit. Travel thru town on main street for a couple of miles, look for South Academy Drive (traffic
light intersection)....turn left....and the Rec. Center is a short distance on the right.
The Ephrata Recreation Center is located at 130 South Academy Drive.

Signing guest is HOFer, Rollie Fingers (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.).

I'll try to answer any further questions regarding this show, or I can direct you to the Show promoter.

TED Z

39special
03-24-2014, 02:27 PM
I was at this show a few years ago.I thought it was a good show.Don't think I will make it,but I'm gonna try.

Cobra Kai
03-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Ill be there Saturday

glynparson
03-24-2014, 04:31 PM
I did buy 250+ t206 cards last year from my old gym teacher. I have gone other years and left within 5 minutes. Definitely hit or miss but the hits can be real good.

tedzan
03-27-2014, 10:08 AM
I have received quite a number of emails from Net54 guys regarding this show; and, I find that quite encouraging.

Looking forward to seeing you this Saturday at the Ephrata Recreation Center. Should be a good Show, as usual.

Plus......some really great dining places in Lancaster County. One of our favorites is Dienner's Country Restaurant
on US Route 30 in Strasburg. Pennsylvania Dutch Buffet (all you can eat) at a very reasonable price.

If anyone on this forum has any questions regarding this show, I will try to answer them.

TED Z

Rich Klein
03-27-2014, 10:48 AM
The buffet sounds great; wish I were up north as the winter seems to finaly be ending :)

hangman62
03-27-2014, 06:32 PM
Ted,
Don't forget Miller's...another great all you can eater !

tedzan
03-27-2014, 06:36 PM
Winter might be ending down in Texas, but up here in Pennsy it's lingering. Yesterday we had temps at 30 and
winds blowing 40+ MPH....it's still cold here, ole buddy. There are still mounds of snow on my property.

Anyhow, you would enjoy this little ole show, it's a flashback to the shows back in the 1970's - 1980's.

TED Z

AMBST95
03-27-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm planning on trying to go and stopping at Shady Maple on the way home.

Bored5000
03-27-2014, 10:28 PM
I did buy 250+ t206 cards last year from my old gym teacher.

I am intrigued. "Puddy" Hamilton?

glynparson
03-28-2014, 03:53 AM
James Hoffert. Lot included some piedmont factory 42's. And some 7's and 1 8. Real nice lot, they were not cheap but they should not have been.

tedzan
03-28-2014, 06:48 AM
Ted,
Don't forget Miller's...another great all you can eater !

I haven't forgotten Miller's....great place. There are fine eating places all over Lancaster Co., they are too numerous
to list here.

Saturday, we are going to Good & Plenty in Strasburg....we haven't been there for some time.

Best regards,

TED Z

AMBST95
03-29-2014, 12:35 PM
I went early with my little boy. This was his first time at a card show. It was pretty well attended as parking was at a premium. Once inside, his eyes gravitated right toward some old bobbleheads while mine was at the display of Red Hindus right next to them. Overall, there were several T206s, several other prewar cards along with plenty of 60s-70s.

My son is only 2 so we immediately went up and down the aisles. After seeing some of the prices and knowing I wasn't going to have time to work any deals with my mind being on the little guy, we went to the shiny stuff as he likes opening these packs. He wanted us to buy just one pack. I offered to get him more, but he said no, just one pack. He'll learn to spend my money soon enough. He picked out a pack of 2013 Topps Chrome due to Machado being on the front of the wrapper and pulls a RC gold parallel refractor numbered to 50. He has the best luck!

In general, this was a nice setup for a small show. I saw a lot of junk but there were some hidden gems there as well. I unfortunately couldn't really look too closely with the little guy, but he said he had a good time when we got home which made the entire trip worthwhile.

glynparson
03-29-2014, 03:33 PM
I spent about 10 % of last year. Was out of there by 9:00. Was still a rather good show, especially for a little one day affair. Nice selection of T cards as well as 50-70's. Even some 70-early 80s unopened material. Also a bogus 1951 Bowman Mantle in a PSA 6 holder, though I believe the dealer planned on removing it from his table. Now time to crack out my purchases. PS Adam did you get to hit Shady Maple on the way home? A true delight for those that have never been.

Cobra Kai
03-29-2014, 04:07 PM
Had a great time at the show today. Picked up a beautiful Maris bobblehead with original box. Also got to meet Rollie & get his auto. Real nice guy. I agree about Shady Maple. If you have never been, definitely worth checking out.

AMBST95
03-29-2014, 06:51 PM
Unfortunately we didn't get to stop due to some afternoon plans that popped up. So I probably added another day or 2 to my life since I avoided the all you can eat disaster that would have ensued.

39special
03-30-2014, 12:36 PM
I got there around 9:30.Parking was tough.There was a lot of people there.Picked up a bunch of Exhibits and some other stuff. It was nice to meet and talk to Ted.I wish I could have stayed for the auction and would have liked to get Fingers autograph.

tedzan
03-30-2014, 09:17 PM
Nice meeting you, and it was fun "Talking BB" cards.

I was glad I could help you with some Exhibit cards.

TED Z

tedzan
03-30-2014, 09:55 PM
Rained all weekend in Lancaster County, but it didn't keep collectors away from this show. There was a large crowd right from the start at 8:30 in the morning.
This was my best show at Ephrata with respect to selling, buying, or trading. Here's a flavor of what I sold....quite a number of T206's....few 1933 Goudey's....
1941 Play Ball's....1949 Leaf BB....1952 Topps Hi #s....1953 Bowman (color) cards.

Picked up some "walk-in" stuff that came to my tables, the highlight of which was the E103 Jennings (pink color) shown here.

And, it was really great "talking BB" cards (and sports) with seven Net54 guys at the show.

http://photos.imageevent.com/tedzan77/images/large/E103pinkJennings50x.jpg

TED Z