PDA

View Full Version : Nashville Volunteers 1956 Signed baseball

Nashvillegirl
03-20-2014, 05:14 PM
Hoping a few of you seasoned folks would guide me to know what to do with 2 signed baseballs I have just found hiding in my dad's things that have been stored in my basement for a long time. I have had no luck just generally searching on line. I am looking at a 1956 ball that seems to be in mint condition with over 20 signatures on it. I have no idea where to start as far as value or attempting to sell. Thanks for any advise!

Nashvol
03-20-2014, 05:43 PM
Depending on the players, and the quality of the signatures would determine value. Could you list the names, or provide an image?

cardsfan73
03-20-2014, 06:44 PM
1956 Nashville Volunteers roster according to Baseballreference.com

James Atkins
Frank Baldwin
Matt Batts
Rick Botelho
Jimmy Bragan
John Brechin
Ralph Brown
Tommy Brown
Jerry Davis
Bob Duretto
Bobby Durnbaugh
Jim Dyck
Lefty Hayden
Neal Hertweck
Stan Hollmig
Cal Howe
Cal Humphreys
Bob Kelly
Dick Kokos
Ken Landenberger
Michael Lutz
Roy Pardue
Charlie Rabe
Jack Roberts
Don Robertson
George Schmees
Keith Schmidt
Bob Schultz
Sonny Senerchia
Frank Smith
Larry Taylor
Bill Upton
Billy Werber
Charles Williams

And the manager was Ernie White.

DixieBaseball
03-21-2014, 06:50 AM
Hoping a few of you seasoned folks would guide me to know what to do with 2 signed baseballs I have just found hiding in my dad's things that have been stored in my basement for a long time. I have had no luck just generally searching on line. I am looking at a 1956 ball that seems to be in mint condition with over 20 signatures on it. I have no idea where to start as far as value or attempting to sell. Thanks for any advise!

Nash Girl - A couple of options for you. Nat'l Auction House or Ebay. For a regional item like what you have, I think Ebay would be your best option to sell the balls. I would list the entire teams names on the auction listing, then try to list the 20 names on the ball as well. You should sell them separately as well. I think you would realize most from an ebay listing.