PDA

View Full Version : Interesting T207 printing anomaly

caramelcard
03-16-2014, 04:41 PM
Anything out of the norm with T207 is unusual and exciting in my opinion. A friend of mine and I found this one outside the hobby recently. Anyone happen to have a similar example of the Dooin or another similar T207?

seablaster
03-16-2014, 05:02 PM
Pretty subtle when compared to yours Rob, but the white color pass on this McGraw is shifted to the right. It can be seen most clearly by his name and pant leg. The scan is pretty poor. Sorry.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee76/seablaster/McGraw_zpse37182fe.jpg

ullmandds
03-16-2014, 05:31 PM
very cool rob...like a young girl who doesn't know how to apply makeup!!!

darwinbulldog
03-16-2014, 06:18 PM
I had a Bert Daniels T207 with his stirrups printed a couple of leg widths off to the right of his ankles. I sold that along with almost all of my T207sabout six years ago. Maybe someone here has it now.

shammus
03-16-2014, 08:03 PM
This might be the Daniels you're referring to. Kind of a neat printing "shift" where the blue color pass was simply misaligned creating the effect you see. You typically find shifts like these more often on t206s, caramels and other cards that have entire backgrounds that are slightly off-center and end up printing a couple millimeters into the border even.

This Daniels is kind of interesting because it's as though the printer "stuttered" or somehow got the printing pass to go twice. Notice the 5th leg in the scan below.

shammus
03-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Eh, that was kind of a bad scan. Here's a higher res version. Notice you can see not only the stirrups, but his hat and jersey pinstripes are also misaligned....

atx840
03-16-2014, 10:31 PM
Looks like a whole ghost shift to me, that middle stirrup is the under ink layer of the glove, look really close in the brown by his shoulder :D

sb1
03-17-2014, 08:19 AM
Here's one to ponder. On a really tough card as well. About 1/3 of the way up the right side is a small portion of the frame line corner tip printed for no apparent reason. Now here's the question, did the plate somehow break and this small piece broke off and also prevented the color pass with the emblem(which is missing) to not print up and that is what made the very rare "no emblem" variation on a very small known number of Lewis cards? Note that the Boston is much fainter than normal, perhaps not fully printed up and that the rest of the card shows a bit of misalignment from one of the passes.

I'll post a higher resolution scan this afternoon. This one is an old scan.

darwinbulldog
03-17-2014, 09:17 AM
This might be the Daniels you're referring to. Kind of a neat printing "shift" where the blue color pass was simply misaligned creating the effect you see. You typically find shifts like these more often on t206s, caramels and other cards that have entire backgrounds that are slightly off-center and end up printing a couple millimeters into the border even.

This Daniels is kind of interesting because it's as though the printer "stuttered" or somehow got the printing pass to go twice. Notice the 5th leg in the scan below.

Yep, that was my Daniels.

Exhibitman
03-17-2014, 12:25 PM
http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/freaksandgeeks/websize/T207%20misprint.jpg

Bridwell
03-17-2014, 09:48 PM
Hi Scott,

Regarding your theories, it seems odd to me that the red would require a double pass to print the emblem on the Lewis card. Also other Lewis "no emblem" cards do not have the odd misprint in the right border that your card does. It's a mystery indeed...

sb1
03-18-2014, 05:09 AM
Ron,

Early on thought all Lewis No Emblems might have this strange print, but none of the others I found do. I am sure there was only one Red print pass, I meant to infer that because the jersey is weak and the arm non there that perhaps a small piece of the plate or maybe some other material blocked the red print nearer the right side. Just theorizing due to the stray printed frame line.

Scott

Bridwell
03-19-2014, 06:07 AM
Yes, that makes sense that something blocked the emblem from printing on some cards, as opposed to a re-design of the card. Just theories...

danmckee
03-19-2014, 08:25 AM
WOW! Neat printing freaks on a very obscure set!