PDA

View Full Version : Color photos-need help!

Yi
03-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Still some more photos without names. Need to be identified. Thank you for help!

Stonepony
03-12-2014, 04:53 PM
:eek:

jcmtiger
03-12-2014, 05:00 PM
You really don't know the names of these players?

Scott Garner
03-12-2014, 05:57 PM
Yi,
Roger Clemens
Darryl Strawberry
Juan Marichal
Lance Parrish
Pete Rose
Cal Ripken Jr.
Ron Darling
Mark McGwire
Pete Rose
Tony Gwynn
Hank Aaron
Willie Mays
?
Johnny Bench
Billy Williams
Wally Joyner

I hope this helps!

Dto7
03-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Al Rosen between Mays and Bench

thecatspajamas
03-12-2014, 06:20 PM
You really don't know the names of these players?

She inherited the collection of photos, not the lifetime of baseball knowledge/experience to go with them. To her credit, she's trying to deal with them responsibly rather than selling for a song to the first buyer who comes along.

Yi
03-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Thank you guys! I knew somebody would laugh at my lack of knowledge on baseball. I only knew Clements but didn't know his first name; I knew Willie Mays and Hank Aaron. But I was not sure if that photo was Hank Aaron's. I have difficulty to identify black people just like many people think asian people look alike. I am sorry I am a new fans of baseball. I am still learning. It is embarrassed to show my stupid. But I am a Chinese woman. In a year or two, I will be proud of my knowledge on baseball history.
Anyway, thank you everyone here.
Yi

Yi
03-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Believe or not I didn't know the rest players. With your guys' help, I can search their names online and learn. Thank you!

Yi
03-12-2014, 09:52 PM
Eight years ago, I couldn't speak in English. When I took my test for driver license, the officer aske me to "pull over" to begin to test. I didn't know the meaning of the words "pull over", I didn't move my car, I failed my first test. Now I am proud of myself. Although I can still make mistakes on grammar, but I can communicate in English now. I always feel lucky and thankful for the helps from anyone.

horzverti
03-12-2014, 10:17 PM
You should be very proud Yi. English is not an easy language to learn.
You are communicating well.

One thing though...I am surprised that you didn't reply, "his name can't be Strawberry!" :D

Thanks again for sharing your photos.