PDA

View Full Version : Ray Brown and Pop Lloyd

mighty bombjack
03-10-2014, 11:06 PM
Were great players!

tazdmb
03-11-2014, 06:35 PM
I want to thank Wayne for editing this post, I will let him re-edit as he feels necessary, but long story short-I bided on the Lloyd and my high bid did not hit the reserve due to lack of bidding, so I have been negotiating with seller the past 24 hours. I didn't want anyone (else) come in and try to disrupt negotiations (which happened anyways by someone well known on these boards), by having the auction outed.

Fortunately, the seller is a stand up guy, not to mention a former owner of one of the nicest HOF autograph collections ever assembled. Hopefully, I will have autograph by end of week and will post here (of course)-will look familiar for anyone who reads Ron's book.

prewarsports
03-14-2014, 12:41 PM
BTW, the seller of these items is a great guy, one of my favorite people in the hobby. I used to deal with KP extensively when he was more avidly collecting. I knew those things were good just by looking at who was selling them!

Rhys

tazdmb
03-14-2014, 12:47 PM
I spoke with him at length on the phone, he must have had one heck of a collection. Unfortunately, it has been pretty much disbursed, he said he rather set up a college fund for his grand-kids :confused:

joed25
03-14-2014, 02:20 PM
I spoke with him at length on the phone, he must have had one heck of a collection. Unfortunately, it has been pretty much disbursed, he said he rather set up a college fund for his grand-kids :confused:

Does he have anything else nice for sale?

tazdmb
03-14-2014, 04:26 PM
Don't know.