PDA

View Full Version : opinion on DiMaggio signed rookie

Jasonxmay
03-01-2014, 12:01 PM
I hate to out a current ebay auction, but I can't get a good read on this one. My instinct says no good, but it has several characteristics of early DiMaggio signatures. Any thoughts are appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281273433775

ibuysportsephemera
03-01-2014, 12:10 PM
I am not an autograph guy, but something doesn't feel quite right. He does auction off high end cards, but there has to be a reason why he hasn't had it authenticated. Just my 2¢.

Jeff

Big Dave
03-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Negative.

Jasonxmay
03-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Thank you for your input. I'll pass on this one. I already have a signed version of this card, but I was hopeful that this might be an authentic vintage signature. My guess is maybe clubhouse or secretarial? The card itself is in very good condition and I can't imagine a forger risking such a high value card.

Jason

shelly
03-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Thank you for your input. I'll pass on this one. I already have a signed version of this card, but I was hopeful that this might be an authentic vintage signature. My guess is maybe clubhouse or secretarial? The card itself is in very good condition and I can't imagine a forger risking such a high value card.

Jason

Not a club house just a really really bad forgery.:eek:

Jasonxmay
03-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Thanks again for the thoughts. This is the DiMaggio that I already have in my collection. I always prefer vintage signatures, but this one will have to do for now.

thetruthisoutthere
03-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Thanks again for the thoughts. This is the DiMaggio that I already have in my collection. I always prefer vintage signatures, but this one will have to do for now.

Not vintage, but certainly a nice Joe D. sig.

novakjr
03-03-2014, 10:20 AM
I think the fact that it's even being touted as a rookie, is a small red flag.

Another thing I'd like to ask, is why a Signed 1939 Goudey DiMaggio, has a lower BIN than any of the unsigned '39 Goudey DiMaggios on the bay?