PDA

View Full Version : Consigning with Love of the Game Auctions

joetinkerfan
03-01-2014, 08:22 AM
A few months ago I made the hard decision to let go of some of my collection. Through this board I sought out advice on different ways to get the most out of it and eventually was introduced to Al and Love of the Game. With his help I consigned for his last two auctions. Having never been through this process before I was very nervous, but Al put my worries to rest. From the first email I was SO impressed with the way he ran his business. Al is the constant professional and he is all about the customer. When I would email him with a question it would usually take an hour or so to get an answer, not days. Also, the care he took with my cards and the way they were described in the Auctions clearly shows why Love of the Game is here to stay. Finally, is the time it took to receive payment from the consignments. I have read some of your horror stories about taking months and multiple emails just to get payment. With my consignments I had a check in hand within 3-4 weeks.

If anyone is in the same situation where I was at and can't decide what to do..PLEASE contact Al Crisafulli and you won't be disappointed.

Bicem
03-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Best in the biz

Stonepony
03-01-2014, 08:35 AM
I have consigned with most of the the top auction houses. Most recently consigned about 15 items with Al. My experience was superior in every aspect to all the others. With deserving respect to all the other auction houses, in the future LOTG will be my only consideration. First class service!!

ibuysportsephemera
03-01-2014, 09:49 AM
First time bidder in Al's last auction and I would give him rave reviews. Very pleased!

Jeff

Griffins
03-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Just sent a box off to him yesterday. Had nothing but problems with the 2 biggest auction houses, never a problem with Al. You don't get lost in the shuffle.

E93
03-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Yep, LOTG is top notch. I have consigned to Al twice before and just sent him some cards for the next auction a week ago. Aside from the professionalism, I like supporting one of the few honest guys in the hobby.
JimB

ethicsprof
03-01-2014, 10:38 AM
whether you're a buyer or seller or both, Al truly takes care of you.
His ethics are impeccable; his writing skills are unmatched; his customer care
is great service and genuine care.
With auction #7 around the corner, it is pleasure to say that I've been
aboard the Crisafullian train from the beginning and have loved this ride. And will keep on riding!!!
Al is the best.

all the best,
barry

ElCabron
03-01-2014, 10:51 AM
it is pleasure to say that I've been
aboard the Crisafullian train from the beginning and have loved this ride. And will keep on riding!!!

All of Al's consignors and lady friends feel the same way. I can say this as one of his consignors. And as one of his lady friends.
-Ryan

Leon
03-01-2014, 11:00 AM
At this rate of love-fest I will call REA and Al will pick up the phone!!

Al (hey Al) is always great to deal with.....a hobby good guy for sure.

vwtdi
03-01-2014, 11:09 AM
I've been consigning to LOTG and Al since day one and have nothing but great things to say about how he runs his auctions, describes the lots, acknowledges any email questions I send quickly....all this along with a 5 star rating in the customer service department. I see nothing but good things in LOTG's auctions future.

3-2-count
03-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Best in the biz

Ditto that! Just sent him a consignment package for his next auction!!
First class both personally and professionally!!

ethicsprof
03-01-2014, 11:30 AM
All of Al's consignors and lady friends feel the same way. I can say this as one of his consignors. And as one of his lady friends.
-Ryan

ryan,
you certainly picked the right time period to come out of the dugout!!! :)

all the best,
barry

sycks22
03-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Great to deal with, super quick payouts, always a pleasure. I also love the write ups

sox1903wschamp
03-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Highly recommend. Top shelf.

Kawika
03-01-2014, 12:13 PM
When I finally head to the Big Card Show in the Sky you all will be able to scrap over the Kawika Collection at LOTG.

http://tinyurl.com/4s6kppw pw = net54
(nothing for sale at the present time)

http://photos.imageevent.com/kawika_o_ka_pakipika/sportscardsetc/mischidden/miscellany2/large/LOTG%2055T%20Mossi.jpg

atx840
03-01-2014, 01:23 PM
Best in the biz

+1

One of the nicest hobby guys I've met. Will definitely be consigning again.

03-01-2014, 01:51 PM
When Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone, he had three missed calls from Al.

Al has a grizzly bear carpet in his living room. The bear isn't dead, it's just afraid to move.

Al can win a game of Connect Four in only three moves.

Al can beat Super Mario Bros. without using the jump button.

wonkaticket
03-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Class A person, Class A business.

Michael Peich
03-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Ah, David, we'll all go there ahead of you. And when we do, our collections will be off to LOTG. Great guy, that Al!

Cheers,
Mike

wonkaticket
03-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Ah, David, we'll all go there ahead of you. And when we do, our collections will be off to LOTG. Great guy, that Al!

Cheers,
Mike

You hear this Al, now might be a time to start throwing some of these old timers like David and Mike "surprise" parties might rustle up some nice consignments that way...just a thought. :D

Theo_450
03-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Al at Love of the Game Auctions is a class act. I highly recommend his services. You will NOT be disappointed! The comments on this thread may seem over the top, but that is how Al runs his business! I can't say enough good things about him, or his auction house.

Jacker_ Cracks
03-01-2014, 05:09 PM
I have consigned with LOTG the last two auctions. Al is very good at what he does and is passionate about our hobby. Highly recommend!

Kawika
03-01-2014, 05:32 PM
You hear this Al, now might be a time to start throwing some of these old timers like David and Mike "surprise" parties might rustle up some nice consignments that way...just a thought. :D
Oh, goodie! I love surprises!

Wildfireschulte
03-01-2014, 06:39 PM
What is the typical consignment fee at Love of the Game?

3-2-count
03-01-2014, 06:55 PM
What is the typical consignment fee at Love of the Game?

I'm sure if you drop Al an email or call in regards to what you are considering consigning he would discuss that with you privately.

Runscott
03-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Yep, LOTG is top notch. I have consigned to Al twice before and just sent him some cards for the next auction a week ago. Aside from the professionalism, I like supporting one of the few honest guys in the hobby.
JimB

I have only consigned with two auction houses, Al being one of them. He really was a pleasure to do business with.

MVSNYC
03-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Behind Al's beard, is another fist!...and he doesn't even have a beard. ;)

I've consigned to every one of his auctions, nothing but the highest recommendation for him and LOTG.

ALR-bishop
03-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Best in the biz

+ 2

the 'stache
03-02-2014, 05:38 AM
Does anybody know the date his spring auction kicks off? Is it going to coincide with opening day again this year? There's nothing yet on Old Cardboard's AH calendar.

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
03-04-2014, 01:10 PM
When Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone, he had three missed calls from Al.

Al has a grizzly bear carpet in his living room. The bear isn't dead, it's just afraid to move.

Nicely done.

MyGuyTy
03-04-2014, 01:33 PM

This one had me rolling.....

Peter_Spaeth
03-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Nicely done.

They are from a list of Chuck Norris jokes.

GoldenAge50s
03-04-2014, 02:39 PM
So, this is Al, apparently!

MyGuyTy
03-04-2014, 03:45 PM

I'm sure he knew, lol. Anybody with a pulse and access to the internet nowadays knows satirical jokes like these originate from the Chuck Norris lines. Thanks for the heads up tho Pete ;)

03-04-2014, 04:08 PM

I'm sure he knew, lol. Anybody with a pulse and access to the internet nowadays knows satirical jokes like these originate from the Chuck Norris lines. Thanks for the heads up tho Pete ;)

http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/bart-simpson-plagiarize.png

steve_a
03-04-2014, 08:15 PM
At this rate of love-fest I will call REA and Al will pick up the phone!!

Al (hey Al) is always great to deal with.....a hobby good guy for sure.

I realize I'm the new guy, but shouldn't this Leon character post his full name if he's going to post opinions like this?

03-04-2014, 08:25 PM
I realize I'm the new guy, but shouldn't this Leon character post his full name if he's going to post opinions like this?

I hope you're joking.

steve_a
03-04-2014, 08:29 PM
:D

Orioles1954
03-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Al does a great job. I think that smaller, "boutique" auction houses (LOTG, Sterlng, B&L) will really start playing a more significant role going forward.

ullmandds
03-04-2014, 09:04 PM

I agree... Who in the hell does this Leon guy think he is... Expressing opinions and stuff???

edjs
03-04-2014, 10:31 PM

But can Al do one armed push-ups with both hands tied behind his back?

MyGuyTy
03-04-2014, 10:34 PM
But can Al do one armed push-ups with both hands tied behind his back?

I can do that.....I just use my third leg........ ;)

edjs
03-04-2014, 11:05 PM
I can do that.....I just use my third leg........ ;)

VERY funny!