PDA

View Full Version : The National Sports Collectors Convention

pawpawdiv9
02-24-2014, 01:59 PM
http://nsccshow.com/
I figured i post this years info on the 2014 35th National and location/info:

Tristar Productions Announces Initial List of Autograph Signers for the 35th National
Tristar Productions has announced the first group of autograph guests for the 35th National, scheduled for July 30-August 3, 2014 at the I-X Center in Cleveland, OH. As usual the guest list includes a load of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers. Additional names will be added as we get closer to the event.

Baseball Hall of Famers signing at the 35th National will include former Indians Roberto Alomar, Dennis Eckersley and Frank Robinson. Also slated to appear is current Indians Manager Terry Francona. Joining them will be Johnny Bench, Rod Carew, Carlton Fisk, Reggie Jackson, Al Kaline, Bill Mazeroski, Joe Morgan, Jim Palmer, Tony Perez, Jim Rice and Cal Ripken Jr.

Future Hall of Famers Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez will sign at the National along with David Justice and Pete Rose.

Football is well represented as well. All-Time Cleveland Brown great Jim Brown headlines a number of NFL greats. Also signing will be newly inducted Hall of Famer Cris Carter along with Lem Barney, Nick Buoniconti, Earl Campbell, Dermontti Dawson, Fred Dean, Dan Dierdorf, Bob Griese, Jack Ham, John Hannah, Franco Harris, Jack Lambert, Deion Sanders, Paul Warfield and Jack Youngblood. Appearing with them will be former Steeler greats Rocky Bleier, Andy Russell and Hines Ward. Former Ohio State Heisman Winners Archie Griffin and Eddie George are scheduled as well.

"Dr. J", the great Julius Erving will be signing at the National. Also appearing will be former Boxing Legends and Champions "Sugar" Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran and Thomas "Hit Man" Hearns. Additional names will be announced as they are confirmed. Autograph tickets for all signers will go on sale later this year through the Tristar web site.

Tickets and VIP Admission Packages will go on sale for the 35th National beginning Monday, March 3, 2014. The 35th National Sports Collectors Convention will be held at the International Exposition (I-X) Center in Cleveland 7/30/14-8/3/14. In addition to one-day General Admission Tickets, there are several different VIP Package options. All include admission to all 5 days of the show, a special VIP Reception on Wednesday afternoon, a gift package including promotional items not available elsewhere, free autograph tickets for exclusive VIP signers, use of a VIP Lounge for the week and more. A SuperVIP option this year provides free weeklong parking in a special VIP Parking Area at the I-X Center. For attendees looking for autograph line privileges and other autograph related perks, there are several All Access packages as well. Details on all the admission options can be found on the National web site atwww.NSCCShow.com

Rich Klein
02-24-2014, 02:20 PM
Leon:

This is worth putting on the main page as many of us go each year

Rich

Bestdj777
02-25-2014, 05:42 AM
You going Chris?

pawpawdiv9
02-25-2014, 08:18 AM
You going Chris?
LOL..im down in Georgia. But it be nice to get to go to one.

Bestdj777
02-25-2014, 12:54 PM

Fair enough. I wish I had gone last year when it was on the east coast.

vintagebaseballcardguy
02-25-2014, 07:02 PM
I am going with a buddy this year. It will be my first convention. I have always wanted to go. Can't wait!! 350,000 sq ft of the stuff I like has the potential to be pretty overwhelming....

almostdone
02-26-2014, 07:29 PM

Where in Georgia? I'm in the Northeastern part in Toccoa. Right next to Royston (home of Ty Cobb) and 20 minutes south of Demorest (home of Johnny Mize).
Drew

pawpawdiv9
02-27-2014, 11:26 AM
NorthWest near the Bama border. Kinda wish a convention come close instead of ATL..maybe even the Cobb Civic area or Galleria. They are having that "NEW gold coin find" this week/weekend at a coin show. The find that was in Calif and like 140+ gold coins in a tin can in like pristine condition. 100l for just 1 worth 10 mill net worth. AMAZING. It was on T.V. advertising to get folks out.

vintagebaseballcardguy
03-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Ok, rookie questions from someone who will be attending his first National this year. What form of payment do most vintage dealers expect? Do they expect cash even for purchases of, say $1000? Are credit cards widely accepted? I will be far from home and the home bank and want to be prepared. I don't love the idea of carrying a large amount of cash on me. Thanks.

Gmrson
03-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Ok, rookie questions from someone who will be attending his first National this year. What form of payment do most vintage dealers expect? Do they expect cash even for purchases of, say $1000? Are credit cards widely accepted? I will be far from home and the home bank and want to be prepared. I don't love the idea of carrying a large amount of cash on me. Thanks.

I've found many take credit cards and it's easier now with smart phones, but cash is king. You can dicker more since they are not paying fees and may not necessarily pay taxes on all the cash sales.

mattsedate
04-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Can't wait.

PM770
04-09-2014, 03:19 PM
I am going with a buddy this year. It will be my first convention. I have always wanted to go. Can't wait!! 350,000 sq ft of the stuff I like has the potential to be pretty overwhelming....

You are going to love it. Its even better than you can imagine! This will be my 6th (all 5 Cleveland shows and 2002 in Chicago)