PDA

View Full Version : A shout out to a great seller

vintagetoppsguy
02-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Last night, I purchased this item on eBay and paid for it this morning...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161228907665?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_63wt_1153

About an hour after payment, I get this message:

"I received notification of your payment, left positive feedback and mailed the package this morning. Postage was less than I expected so I placed $1.00 in the envelope. Thanks for a smooth transaction. Bill"

Not a lot of sellers would do that. It was only a buck, but to me it's the point. Thanks to a great seller!

GasHouseGang
02-19-2014, 10:03 AM
Is this guy trying to ruin ebay's reputation?! :p Sounds like a great seller. It's a real pleasure when you find one.

gregr2
02-19-2014, 10:14 AM
Nice! Rare occurrence in today's ebay world!

D.P.Johnson
02-19-2014, 10:45 AM
Very nice gesture...Thanks for sharing...

autograf
02-19-2014, 11:39 AM
I've had a few people do that. A weird one was a guy in the UK would overcharge, then send me unused stamps. British stamps.......the cash would have been preferable......

bnorth
02-19-2014, 12:01 PM
That is nice.:D Staying on topic a fellow board member Zach Wheat won 2 cards from me in the auction section and included a awesome DS Wade Boggs card for free along with payment.

Edit: Also before I was even a member here savedfrommyspokes sent me a free card. We have some great people on this forum.

D.P.Johnson
02-19-2014, 01:04 PM
That is nice.:D Staying on topic a fellow board member Zach Wheat won 2 cards from me in the auction section and included a awesome DS Wade Boggs card for free along with payment.

That's cool...it's nice when someone puts in a little extra effort...

the 'stache
02-20-2014, 01:46 AM
That's really cool, David.

Nice card, too. I'm set to listen to Ueck nightly on MLB.tv. Love the audio overlay feature available on the Roku.

toppszl1
02-20-2014, 12:35 PM
I sold a guy a 1954 Yogi Berra Bowman on Ebay a few weeks ago, at first I thought it was strange but I did what he wanted, the customer wanted to send me a money order (no problem), I told him go ahead, ebay now took that payment option away, the guy wanted me to send the card to an elementary school, so here's what happened, the mail came, I thought money order?,, nope he sent $30 cash, I told my wife that's risky, but what the heck, I placed the berra in an envelope sent it to the school, a couple days later the buyer said "I got it" and he was tickled pink.

They're are still good people out there, I felt the guy really trusted me to send cash & I felt that I had to my good service to my customer for the card

Right now my listings are down to about 20 but if you're looking for some cards check my auctions out toppszl1 is my id

Runscott
02-20-2014, 02:07 PM
I've had quite a few sellers tuck modern baseball cards into the package as protection. I save them up and when the pile is big enough, I send them over to my girlfriend's nieces. Easy boyfriend points.

freakhappy
02-20-2014, 09:41 PM
I've had quite a few sellers tuck modern baseball cards into the package as protection. I save them up and when the pile is big enough, I send them over to my girlfriend's nieces. Easy boyfriend points.

All is well until the nieces find out exactly what you sent them...junk! And then the sh*t hits the fan :eek::D

dembums
02-21-2014, 12:50 PM
A weird one was a guy in the UK would overcharge, then send me unused stamps. British stamps.......the cash would have been preferable......

Bob, that's awesome. :D

I've never had any seller refund, or include a refund, on postage. But there are definitely quite a few morally sound dealers out there.

They may not have the best stuff, but they are always my favorite types to deal with.

Ben

mattsedate
04-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Last night, I purchased this item on eBay and paid for it this morning...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161228907665?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_63wt_1153

About an hour after payment, I get this message:

"I received notification of your payment, left positive feedback and mailed the package this morning. Postage was less than I expected so I placed $1.00 in the envelope. Thanks for a smooth transaction. Bill"

Not a lot of sellers would do that. It was only a buck, but to me it's the point. Thanks to a great seller!

Honesty? wOw!