PDA

View Full Version : 1921 Old Timers photo w/ Cy Young

UnVme7
02-18-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm guessing a couple of you bid on it, but I just couldn't tell from the pics if it was original. I "think" it was but regardless, it was worth the risk.

What did you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1921-Old-Timers-baseball-Team-Dunn-Field-Cleveland-Ohio-Picture-Original-frame-/231156530155?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=zLtO2L%252Fu6RggfL3q4hf755en4lU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Leon
02-19-2014, 01:04 PM
I vote absolutely original and a very good buy.

JeremyW
02-19-2014, 01:23 PM
I vote possibly original & if so, a good to very good buy. Lelands auction had one at auction, that I would assume was original, and it it didn't meet the $1,000 bid/reserve. I could be wrong but it scared me from bidding. Anytime there are a lot of online images, I'm always afraid of someone stealing scans & reproducing them. I really hope the winning bidder gets a real/vintage photo.

Shoeless Moe
02-19-2014, 01:38 PM
I talked with the lady who was selling it. She "thinks" it's an original, but she doesn't have the knowledge of say someone like Ben (Hey Buddy), or myself, so I'm not 100% sure.

But it was worth the gamble. You could always return it if not. Yes a minor hassle, but that's the game.

I have the possession arrow pointing toward real.

Things that scare me however was that she said she purchased it 10 or so years ago and thought it was neat. Not sure how many ladies are buying vintage baseball panaoramas, but possible. Also, she said the only thing on the back is $2.00. She's sold nothing in about 4 years. A lil' scary. So couple negative thoughts kept me from going at it full blast.

One went at Legendary a couple years ago for a grand, so 6+ is a good buy if real. I was out at 500.

Hopefully someone on here got it so we'll find out.

Leon
02-19-2014, 02:07 PM
I talked with the lady who was selling it. She "thinks" it's an original, but she doesn't have the knowledge of say someone like Ben (Hey Buddy), or myself, so I'm not 100% sure.

But it was worth the gamble. You could always return it if not. Yes a minor hassle, but that's the game.

I have the possession arrow pointing toward real.

Things that scare me however was that she said she purchased it 10 or so years ago and thought it was neat. Not sure how many ladies are buying vintage baseball panaoramas, but possible. Also, she said the only thing on the back is $2.00. She's sold nothing in about 4 years. A lil' scary. So couple negative thoughts kept me from going at it full blast.

One went at Legendary a couple years ago for a grand, so 6+ is a good buy if real. I was out at 500.

Hopefully someone on here got it so we'll find out.

The reason I voted original is because one of the smaller pictures, taken some other way, is clear as anything. It looks like most of the pics were poor quality but they took that one good one....Now if that is from some other place or piece, then I am back to not knowing also....

prewarsports
02-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Looks original from the photos but impossible to tell 100% without having it is hand.