PDA

View Full Version : 52 Topps Loes (new var?)

Cardboard Junkie
02-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Hi! I have noticed a "frame break" variation (difference) among black back 52 Topps Loes. The bottom border directly beneath the 3rd/4th star (from the left) in his nameplate can be "unbroken, (straight)", or "broken, (Jagged)" The pictured cards are all "black backs". For those crazy enough to care. I know there are abundant examples of "frame/border" differences in the 52Topps, but I never saw this one mentioned before. (It is a subtle difference and seeing that there are multiple examples of all, it could be considered a variation instead of a print defect. Whateva!:D Dave.

ALR-bishop
02-17-2014, 11:51 AM
David--as I recall this was check listed in the Topps 1952 "Super" set auction by H&S

http://aug13.hugginsandscott.com/pdf/1952_topps.pdf

Cardboard Junkie
02-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Cool, I tried to search net54 and no dice. Google failed too. Thanks for the link. Dave.

tombocombo
02-17-2014, 01:33 PM
Old 01-27-2013, 03:35 AM
thomas c killeen

The list of variations is very close however just to keep you guys on your toes a nice variation is on the front of the ever popular billy loes black back lets see if you can see it at one point can all or most of the 1952 collectors meet at a show maybe a national psa is currently reviewing the frank house woodling and scheib articles
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message