Yi
02-16-2014, 11:16 PM
A lot of postcards, just post some.

Yi
02-16-2014, 11:21 PM
more postcards

billyb
02-17-2014, 01:21 AM
That is a great collection of RPPCs. I would show them off too. Thanks for letting us see them.

jb217676
02-17-2014, 10:06 AM
Some of my RPPC's!

thecatspajamas
02-21-2014, 11:28 AM
A lot of postcards, just post some.

Looks like mostly Jim Rowe RPPC's of George Burke photos, with at least one George Brace and a Norman Paulson thrown in for good measure. Do you know if your uncle knew/collaborated with Jim Rowe as well? Rowe produced a LOT of RPPCs using George Burke's original negatives, as well as other source material.

Jeff,
Those are some really nice shots! Can you tell whose name is on the Cuyler (at lower right)?

ethicsprof
02-21-2014, 12:59 PM
I second Lance on his thoughts.Yi, I'd also like to know more about
your uncle's relationships with various photographers. Very,very interesting.
Very nice pics, Yi and Jeff.

all the best,
barry

jb217676
02-24-2014, 07:26 PM
Looks like mostly Jim Rowe RPPC's of George Burke photos, with at least one George Brace and a Norman Paulson thrown in for good measure. Do you know if your uncle knew/collaborated with Jim Rowe as well? Rowe produced a LOT of RPPCs using George Burke's original negatives, as well as other source material.

Jeff,
Those are some really nice shots! Can you tell whose name is on the Cuyler (at lower right)?

No problem Lance,
The name printed in the bottom right of my Cuyler postcard is "Reyes". Click on this link for some more information on this cool postcard:

http://www.oldjudge.com/archive/20120405/post-cards/273/

mybestbretts
02-24-2014, 07:56 PM
Those are absolutely wonderful. Tks for sharing :)

Yi
03-05-2014, 12:33 PM
I am interested in if my uncle knew/collaborated with Jim Rowe too. Why I have soooooo many postcards like these? Who produced them? At what time? I really want to find out.

prewarsports
03-05-2014, 06:14 PM
My guess is that if he was an active photographer interested in baseball history in the 1970's the Rowe postcards were probably the cheapest and easiest way to get classic images in high quality. Maybe he knew him but I would think that just because he had a ton of these doesn't mean much, there are probably a half million of these postcards out there (maybe more). If I were a photographer at that time and interested in history, I would have ordered every Rowe postcard there was for reference!