PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Fantasy Baseball

freakhappy
02-12-2014, 03:21 PM
Hello everyone,

There is an original thread on here about fantasy baseball and there seems to be a lot of people interested, so I figured I would start a league if anyone on here is interested. I've been running a head to head league on Espn for a decade and it's a blast. If you are interested, I need 10 more people to get to 12 total (very competitive and spaced out with 12 IMO).

12 team league
Head to head points system matchup
22 week league, 6 of 12 make the playoffs, top two teams get a first rd bye
50 to enter, three spots paid
Trades allowed

I can go into much further detail via pm or email. If you are interested, please pm or email: cavelyon@aol.com

This is not meant to compete with the other thread, but add another option because of the demand that has been shown.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhs5120
02-12-2014, 03:32 PM
I'd be in! :)

baker85
02-12-2014, 04:18 PM
I like rotisserie style. I could never really understand what the draw is for head to head in baseball. The accumulation of stats I find is better because judging your fantasy results by bad week/good week just didn't seem to make sense for baseball.

Anyone have any idea if people do rotisserie style leagues on here?

dougscats
02-12-2014, 05:25 PM
I've never done head to head, but I've played rotisserie for more than 25 years. I am interested in joining another league, one way or the other. Can you tell me a little more about the format of head to head? Also, is it auction or draft?
Thanks.

freakhappy
02-12-2014, 05:54 PM
I've never done head to head, but I've played rotisserie for more than 25 years. I am interested in joining another league, one way or the other. Can you tell me a little more about the format of head to head? Also, is it auction or draft?

Thanks.

Hey Doug, this will be a scheduled snake draft.

The format is very similar to a standard fantasy football league. I will set up three divisions of four, and each week you will be facing off against another team. Each week starts on Monday and lasts through Sunday...each week you are facing a different opponent. Everyone will have a max of six pitching starts per week (ten during the extended week after the all star break). Here are the breakdowns of each way of scoring points:

Single 1
Double 2
Triple 3
HR 6
Walk 1
IBB 2
SB 2
CS -1
Strikeout -1
RBI 1

Pitching:
IP .3=1/3
K 1
Win 7
Loss -3
Save 7
Blown save -3
Shut out 5
CG 5

There are also bonus's for cycles, no hitters and perfect games....I believe 5 points for the first two and ten for the perfect game.

On a good week, a team will get around 290-350 and a bad week is around 250 and under.

freakhappy
02-12-2014, 06:00 PM
Also, Espn has an updated list of players and where they are being drafted accordingly. Once you get invited into the league, you can see how each player did in the format I'm going to use...so it won't be difficult to adapt if need be.

freakhappy
02-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Snake draft...not auction! I made a typo :)

freakhappy
02-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Who else wants to be a part of a fun, competitive and clean running baseball league??? I know some people will be fevering when another month hits and baseball is almost in full swing (intended). It's easy...just push this button and accept my invitation!

itjclarke
02-15-2014, 02:59 AM
I'm in mike.. Thanks for organizing

(gonna ride my aging giants all the way)

johnmh71
02-15-2014, 04:44 AM
Why don't you set up a league on whaifsports.com? It costs a fee to participate, but at least you can set up something with vintage players, which seems like it would be of interest to those on here.

shernan30
02-15-2014, 05:10 AM
Vintage players sounds pretty interesting.

freakhappy
02-15-2014, 09:15 AM
I'm in mike.. Thanks for organizing

(gonna ride my aging giants all the way)

That's what I like to hear! Take all the Giants you can! If you swoop them up, I won't be tempted to make a mistake and accidentally pick one or two :D;)

Looks like we are halfway full...I'd love to get this league rolling soon, so people can get comfortable with the rules and such...you won't regret joining.

Also, if anyone knows someone who would like to join, let me know...we just want to get to 12 participants one way or the other :)

aljurgela
02-15-2014, 07:53 PM
Id be in ... let me know the league....

al

Gradedcardman
02-15-2014, 08:03 PM
Count me in, daily or weekly changes ?

freakhappy
02-15-2014, 08:20 PM
Count me in, daily or weekly changes ?

Daily...you can change out whenever you please as long as the game has not started yet.

Also, thanks for the commitments so far! I've had a lot of fun playing the head to head style. I know some people do not care for it, but I love the competitiveness and back and forth. And IMO most of the time the best overall teams do win...I know fantasy football can be kinda bad about flukey wins, but I find baseball to be the opposite.

Also, what do you guys think about pushing trades through as long as it is a fair trade and not waiting the veto period? I'm up for whatever, but we figured if two people want the trade and it's fair, why not just push it through...but I also respect if people want to have a chance to veto and have a waiting period. Let me know your thoughts.

freakhappy
02-17-2014, 10:41 AM
3 spots left! Let's get these filled. If you know anyone that wants in, let me know.

We will try to set up a date for a online snake draft and if that does not work, we will do a slow draft set up on our home web page that will take about a week or so to finish.

vintagesportflips
02-17-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm in if there is a spot open. Do you have a draft date set yet?

freakhappy
02-17-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm in if there is a spot open. Do you have a draft date set yet?

Thanks for joining! As of right now, I do not have a date set. I want to talk to everyone and see what will work. I would like to draft a week or two before the first game...which is one March 21st I believe. So we would draft the Saturday before or the week before that. If we cannot get a date set, we can do a slow draft where everyone posts their pick manually on the we page...I'll set up a thread where we posts our picks...we'll see once we get set.

Any questions, please ask away

cincyredlegs
02-17-2014, 12:09 PM
Mike,

I will take a spot if one is open.

Mark

Wildfireschulte
02-17-2014, 12:33 PM
I'll play if you have a spot - big fan of head to head

freakhappy
02-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Mark and wildfire...you guys are in and that should be the remaining spots...I very much appreciate everyone that has committed! I will be in contact with everyone shortly to get their email address and we will go from there...thanks again everyone!