PDA

View Full Version : March Shriners Show in MA

kamikidEFFL
02-11-2014, 04:29 PM
I don't know if people know yet but there is a show in Wilmington,MA at the Shriners March 28,29,30. I know I will be going but just wanted to throw it out to anyone who hadn't heard yet and is in the area that may want to go. Anyway if your going let me know always like to meet fellow collectors.

Jesse

Donscards
02-12-2014, 06:15 AM
Jesse---Yes the show is next month--Rich Altman runs the show---I set up at the show---a great vintage show---with many great dealers and auction houses----all your grading companies are there----also many net 54 members at the show---I am looking forward to the show. Don

peterb69
02-12-2014, 09:56 AM
I go to the Shriners show in November every year, great show.

How does the March show compare to November?

Thanks

g_vezina_c55
02-12-2014, 10:27 AM
I really enjoy each time i drove 10 hours to this show from canada !
Last years i was present at the april and the november show. 2 great experience in the US : the shriners show and eat a dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse !!! I wish someone open a longhorn in canada ! :)
I will probably not be present in march.

Donscards
02-12-2014, 10:34 AM
I really enjoy each time i drove 10 hours to this show from canada !
Last years i was present at the april and the november show. 2 great experience in the US : the shriners show and eat a dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse !!! I wish someone open a longhorn in canada ! :)
I will probably not be present in march.

We go to Kittys on friday night to eat--it is in Reading about a 10 minute drive---nobody can ever finish a meal there they give u enough on one platter to feed two real big guys---We have a Longhorn rest up here in Portland , also very good-----Don

scooter729
02-12-2014, 11:10 AM
The Spring show isn't quite the quality in terms of number of dealers or vintage material as the November one has, but it is still a good show and worth attending if you're within driving distance. (Which in Nelson's case, means 10 hours away in Canada!)

Definitely worth checking out if you can, but don't expect quite the quality you get in November....

g_vezina_c55
02-12-2014, 12:49 PM
We go to Kittys on friday night to eat--it is in Reading about a 10 minute drive---nobody can ever finish a meal there they give u enough on one platter to feed two real big guys---We have a Longhorn rest up here in Portland , also very good-----Don

thanks for the info on the kittys... i don t know these restaurant but when i will travel again to the shriners show i will try this restaurant for sure! :)

yep scott november or april show worth the 10 hours of driving for me !

7nohitter
02-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Any autograph guests this year...way back in '91 I got Phil Plantier's auto here...

beachhead2
03-23-2014, 08:59 PM
I'll be there Friday. This is always a fun show!

g_vezina_c55
03-25-2014, 12:12 PM
Have good time everyone!
I will not be there at this time !
I attended last week end at the Montreal show instead of the shriners show for this spring.

wolterse
03-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Have fun everyone, I unfortunately won't be able to fit it into the schedule this year.

kamikidEFFL
03-25-2014, 08:17 PM
I will be there Saturday and possibly Sunday if I can't get it all in on one day. I should be able to but if any of you guys are going and like to meet a fellow member online LMK

aelefson
03-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Hi-
I will be at the show. I am planning on being there most of tomorrow and Saturday. Normally, we do a meet up at noon at the snack/bar area on Saturday. Let's try for that again. We can also try to see if anyone is there at 3pm Friday (meet in the same area). There is always the possibility of yelling out Net54 at random intervals and seeing who responds.

Alan

kamikidEFFL
03-27-2014, 10:59 AM
I can't make it tomorrow wish I could but I will for sure be there on Saturday prob morning into the afternoon. I'll keep a look out at the snack bar for a group of net54 guys.

hammer
03-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Any reports from fellow members on how the show is doing?

kamikidEFFL
03-28-2014, 02:55 PM
I myself was wondering but then again I'll be there tomorrow

aelefson
03-28-2014, 04:05 PM
I had a great time! It is much smaller than the November show but there are still a lot of vintage dealers there. Kamikid, I saw several 33 Goudey groupings but not many 34s. It is not something I usually look for though, so there is a good possibility several are there. One of my favorite things about these shows is how much raw stuff there is. I never buy graded stuff so it is always nice to see large stacks of prewar cards in their in card savers.

There are some incredible items there for sale! I picked up a few things including a large lot of prewar cards for 100.00 (many of them are panels from T202s, but I also got 5 T206s, and 6 Barker game cards, plus a bunch of strip cards, non-sports, and Callahans). I also picked up a cool 1912 program from a local prep school. Plus a few other items (more on two of them later).

I will be back tomorrow. One of the great things about both shows in Wilmington are the items that walk in to the show. While some of the sellers go directly to the big auction houses, I am amazed at what the smaller dealers are able to obtain.

I am looking forward to meeting any fellow Net54ers tomorrow. It was good to see Don today.

Alan

soxinseven
03-28-2014, 04:12 PM
I will be there tomorrow and will be at the meet up at noon....

kamikidEFFL
03-28-2014, 06:03 PM
Ill be there I will actually be rocking my Sugar skull tshirt. Same as my avatar. It will also have my net54 logo on it. So if you happen to see me feel free to give me a tap on the old shoulder or a yell across the room. As for not many 34's being there that's fine I still enjoy seeing whats there and finding some trade bait etc. Hope I will run into a few members on here

Jesse

scooter729
03-28-2014, 06:31 PM
I'll probably see you guys tomorrow, but likely won't be able to make it at noon - I'll be there around 1:00 - 1:30. Wife is busy in the AM and bringing a 21-month old with me to a card show seems extremely unwise (and potentially costly!), so I'll get there a bit late....

tcdyess
03-31-2014, 06:21 AM
Show was pretty good, not as big as November, but a good amount of vintage for sure. Had the pleasure of meeting Al, Steve, and Don and putting some faces to the Net54 names. Did not find exactly what I was looking for, but had fun and got meet and shake hands with LT who was getting out of his ride as I was arriving at 10:30am. He was puffing on a huge cigar when he arrived, breakfast of champions I guess.

Looking forward to next time!!!

jbsports33
03-31-2014, 03:23 PM
Had a real good show buying and selling,

glad to see some of you walking around and enjoying the show

Jimmy

Donscards
03-31-2014, 04:43 PM
I had a great time! It is much smaller than the November show but there are still a lot of vintage dealers there. Kamikid, I saw several 33 Goudey groupings but not many 34s. It is not something I usually look for though, so there is a good possibility several are there. One of my favorite things about these shows is how much raw stuff there is. I never buy graded stuff so it is always nice to see large stacks of prewar cards in their in card savers.

There are some incredible items there for sale! I picked up a few things including a large lot of prewar cards for 100.00 (many of them are panels from T202s, but I also got 5 T206s, and 6 Barker game cards, plus a bunch of strip cards, non-sports, and Callahans). I also picked up a cool 1912 program from a local prep school. Plus a few other items (more on two of them later).

I will be back tomorrow. One of the great things about both shows in Wilmington are the items that walk in to the show. While some of the sellers go directly to the big auction houses, I am amazed at what the smaller dealers are able to obtain.

I am looking forward to meeting any fellow Net54ers tomorrow. It was good to see Don today.

Alan

Hi Alan It was nice seeing you sat at the show---always good to talk to you and thanks for bringing over Tim to meet me. He is quite a collector.--Yes the show was smaller than the Nov one and I do have to day, my sales were off, but still had alot of fun. I picked up a few collections (one nice lot of autographed exhibit 1950's card) plus the always tough Bill Russell Rookie along with some other nice stuff. Always nice to see u at the show, I believe you have been going from the beginning of the shows. I have done every one of the Winter and Spring shows here. It is still the best show in New England. See you at the next one. Don