PDA

View Full Version : Whenever I'm bored or down I just........

Brian Van Horn
02-08-2014, 10:45 PM
Whenever I'm bored (like now) or down I just look at eBay BIN prices and get a chuckle. They are a seemingly never ending source of amusement sometimes bordering on hallucination.

wonkaticket
02-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Agree the eBay museum I has some long term exhibits on display.

freakhappy
02-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Whenever I'm bored (like now) or down I just look at eBay BIN prices and get a chuckle. They are a seemingly never ending source of amusement sometimes bordering on hallucination.

Is it me or are they just getting worse and worse. When I started collecting pre-war three years ago, they weren't that bad, but ever since, they seem to be so out of range for the most part...it's just a museum!

I've heard before that for some seller's it is indeed like a museum to show off their cards, but that can't be the case for most of the overpriced cards on there, can it? And where do they get their prices at? I really enjoy shopping/selling on eBay, but it sucks when it's a waste of time to look at the same overpriced cards over and over and over....just weird if you ask me.

But maybe some uninformed buyers are purchasing them for crazy prices and I just don't realize it. If you don't buy at AH's or aren't familiar with Net54, you may not have a choice but to believe eBay prices are competitive and somewhat decent :rolleyes:

thescooper
02-08-2014, 10:56 PM
when ever I need cheering up I google "DOG SHAMING"

Rich Klein
02-09-2014, 01:47 AM
I look at archives post and try to end up suing myself :)

Runscott
02-09-2014, 11:39 AM
II've heard before that for some seller's it is indeed like a museum to show off their cards, but that can't be the case for most of the overpriced cards on there, can it? And where do they get their prices at? I really enjoy shopping/selling on eBay, but it sucks when it's a waste of time to look at the same overpriced cards over and over and over....just weird if you ask me.

But maybe some uninformed buyers are purchasing them for crazy prices and I just don't realize it. If you don't buy at AH's or aren't familiar with Net54, you may not have a choice but to believe eBay prices are competitive and somewhat decent :rolleyes:

When Dan responded to criticism, that he was using ebay as a place to display his items, I decided to do the same, regardless of any price criticism that I might also receive. Ebay stores are a good way to document your items and make them available for other collectors to see, and the monthly cost is negligible if you have a lot of stuff.

After giving it a lot of thought, I accomplished the above by using a non-ebay webstore instead of ebay. Thought I would kill my ebay store, but instead decided to test it one last time and began to slowly move items to ebay, bumping the price up to cover ebay and other expenses. Surprisingly (to me), things began selling. So to answer your question - some people just like to buy things on ebay, and as long as the price isn't absolutely nuts, those people are a market that works for some sellers. I would prefer that people pay normal prices for my stuff in my store, as I make about the same profit, but the buyers are talking.

westsidecubs
02-09-2014, 01:13 PM
So very true! Sometimes I just have to shake my head and the craziness of it. But I can also see why people do it. One time I ran across a non baseball card item (gold plated bar) that I already owned and seen a guy selling the exact same thing except instead of the normal $5 to $15 dollar range it was BIN for a $100 and it showed that 4 people had already bought one!

I think the way some people go about there business on ebay is horrible and misleading if you dont know about what your bidding on. But there is a sucker born every minute so there will always be people on there that takes advantage of them.