PDA

View Full Version : Taking a poll here

Pete Pyro
02-07-2014, 04:07 PM
If you make purchases on eBay, what time are you looking? Do you watch auction styles or pull the the BIN trigger more? Is there a specific day of the week you seem to buy more? Basically, when and why do you buy?

Cardboard Junkie
02-07-2014, 04:25 PM
As a buyer I BIN about 1/3 the time. Otherwise I just bid my max at the last second. As a seller I find it best to start a 10 day auction on a Wednesday night. Then it ends on Sat night, (that covers 2 weekends).

Have heard that some people of a certain persuasion wont participate in bidding in auctions that end on Sundays, (don't know how true this is).

02-07-2014, 04:39 PM

eliminator
02-07-2014, 04:44 PM
I think auctions that end on Sunday night bring higher money. More people are home and watching auctions. Probably why most auctions end on Sunday nights. Just my opinion.

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
02-07-2014, 04:51 PM
I don't look on any specific day. When I find something I am interested in and decide to bid, I put in my highest bid and try not to look at it again. Otherwise I will keep bidding more and wind up with buyer's remorse.

shernan30
02-07-2014, 04:52 PM
I've become an auction only eBayer after taking a few hits paying too much for BINs. When I see something I want that's BIN I pull the trigger to quick. Rather gamble with auctions. Plus it's more exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

conor912
02-07-2014, 04:55 PM
I personally can't stand auctions, especially ones that end on weekends...I'm out doing stuff and don't want to worry about end times. I prefer putting a BIN with MAO and lets hammer out a deal.....that goes for buying AND selling.

Jason
02-07-2014, 05:17 PM
If its a card I want ill bid at any time it ends.If I'm selling I like to end my auctions at 9 or 10pm est to give the west coast bidders a chance to be off work and home.

Peter_Spaeth
02-07-2014, 05:23 PM

My sentiments exactly.

Pete Pyro
02-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Looks like over the past 90 days 50k items turned into 10k sales for over $1M. Looks like almost all of the successful sales were auction with the exception of low pop cards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HRBAKER
02-07-2014, 05:28 PM

Master of understatement.

wonkaticket
02-07-2014, 05:46 PM

HRBAKER
02-07-2014, 05:47 PM

That's pushing it John!

Pete Pyro
02-07-2014, 06:08 PM
I would like to thank all the bleeding ladies for the thread poop.

HRBAKER
02-07-2014, 06:13 PM
What day or time or style of listing matters not to me, if it is an item I want I will bid (snipe). I pay very little attention to any B-I-N listings, that is unless I fell like being screwed.
That's my POOP.

Peter_Spaeth
02-07-2014, 06:14 PM

Dare I add, :D

HRBAKER
02-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Dare I add, :D

Ladies?

bnorth
02-07-2014, 06:25 PM
If you make purchases on eBay, what time are you looking? Do you watch auction styles or pull the the BIN trigger more? Is there a specific day of the week you seem to buy more? Basically, when and why do you buy?

So basically are you asking when is the best time to list auctions on eBay?:rolleyes:

Pete Pyro
02-07-2014, 06:39 PM
That is not what I'm basically asking. Reading the post should clear up any questions.

drmondobueno
02-07-2014, 06:55 PM
1. I use searches to identify potential eBay purchases. I purchase a card and not the day

2. Most BIN are so out there in prices that experience has taught me not to count on anything. If I see a card I am looking for, I make a specific offer and go from there. By far the responses I get are as ridiculous as the prices. But occasionally...

3. I buy what I like when I like. Initially I looked for Sunday PM auctions. Now I look for specific items, I dont care when.

Doing better through BS & T and auctions these days

Keith

EvilKing00
02-07-2014, 07:17 PM
I search ebay every day, i check the cards im looking for, search by newest listed. When i find them i put them in my watch list, and make offers accordingly. With new tech, ie bidding from your cell phone it makes no difference when it ends to me

geor952
02-07-2014, 07:30 PM
I search auctions only, never BIN. I search everyday and watch my items until the final day. If I am free I bid in the last 20 sec. If not, I put in a high bid. 9 times out of 10, I forget when my items is over:(.

t206blogcom
02-07-2014, 08:29 PM
I'll set auctions up to end Sunday or Monday evenings. I'll either start auctions Monday or Thursday evenings. I've found auctions ending Saturday don't bring as high of an amount when compared to Sunday and Monday.

gregr2
02-07-2014, 08:32 PM
I also think BINs are usually overpriced, however I do like when they have Make An Offer available because then I can offer what I feel it is worth to me.

Mikehealer
02-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Basically, when and why do you buy?

When: Between 2:30-2:44 A.M. CST on the 13th Tuesday of the year.

Why: To help boost the economy.

ullmandds
02-07-2014, 09:13 PM
I buy anything I desire...at any time of the day...I do not discriminate...and I have no routine. Most BIN's are way overpriced and if anything I tend not to pay much attention to them.

I buy...to fill the void!

Peter_Spaeth
02-07-2014, 09:21 PM
When: Between 2:30-2:44 A.M. CST on the 13th Tuesday of the year.

Why: To help boost the economy.

Prices are better on EST I am convinced after years of study.

Mikehealer
02-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Prices are better on EST I am convinced after years of study.

You may be right, I'll have to conduct my own study. Thanks.

Peter_Spaeth
02-07-2014, 09:31 PM
You may be right, I'll have to conduct my own study. Thanks.

I have heard that due to certain market inefficiencies if you place bids in Euros on Thursday evenings you may get a better price, but I haven't verified.

Mikehealer
02-07-2014, 09:37 PM
I have heard that due to certain market inefficiencies if you place bids in Euros on Thursday evenings you may get a better price, but I haven't verified.

And all along I thought it was Mexican Pesos on Saturday mornings. The wealth of knowledge on this site really is amazing. Many thanks.

dabigyankeeman
02-08-2014, 07:40 AM
Being retired I am on and off Ebay every day and at different times. Never gave it a thought even when I was working to look on a specific day or time.

As to auctions or BIN's, it depends on the card. If I see a card I really want, I will do either auction or BIN. Just once in awhile for various reasons I want a card NOW or really want to be sure I get that specific card, and then I prefer it to be a BIN. I will pull the trigger quickly on a BIN that I like more than I will bid on an auction. On an auction I will probably think about it for awhile.

pawpawdiv9
02-08-2014, 08:06 AM
as a buyer & seller...i dont pay too much attention at what times of the day.
I typicallay go searching in the afternoons after dinner, and if i find something worth bidding on, then i will.
Basically i use the advanced search function and narrow it down to minimum of 1 bid, just so it gets rid of the other stuff (like the usual high BIN and other crap(like those penny inset cards) people bid on)
I only look at BIN, when the search funtion only displays a limited number of finds, to only then i widen the search.

Section103
02-08-2014, 11:29 AM
If its a card I want, I make time to be there or put in an early bid. Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night are easiest. Right or wrong, I lick my chops expecting a lower closing price on anything that ends during business hours Mon-Fri. I also try to stay away from BINs assuming the price is inflated unless its something that I just never see come up for sale.

Also....an actual poll might be interesting to see.