PDA

View Full Version : For NY area Fans: Francesa/ Kay YES situation...

yanksfan09
02-06-2014, 12:47 PM
For any NY area fans:

How do you all feel about this change in the YES network cutting ties with Mike Francesa and going to Micahel Kay?

I know Francesa rubs some people the wrong way and some of it is understandable. I've been listening/watching to him since the inception of YES, I think in 2001. I don't think anyone else compares at all to his knowledge and the content that he brings in regard to NY sports-talk.

I'm absolutely disgusted by this move. I think Michael Kay is an idiot who is a Yankee/Yes propaganda machine. He has no intelligent thoughts of his own.
(I actually heard him say that Derek Jeter will likely be a top 5 all time hitter in baseball before, ....that's right all of baseball not just Yankees!) He actually had the nerve to say that just because of Jeter's compiled hits and position and championships that he may be looked at as the best all time Yankee! (Yes ahead of Ruth, Gehrig, DiMagigio, Mantle, Berra etc...) He's really not bright and is completely biased in everything that spews out of his mouth!. I feel like I lose points on my IQ when I have to listen to him for any length of time!

He's completely classless (Diet Soda incident to open his show on YES). He just spews out Yankee hierarchy propaganda. Plus, did YES really need his huge head on for more hours on the network? He already does all the games and has his Center Stage show on YES.

I think YES is really losing legitimacy, credibility,intelligent content and viewers by this move. They're shooting themselves in the foot.

There's much speculation that this move was spurred by Francesa having A-Rod on after his show after the hearing. Say what you want on Francesa, he was never afraid to take shots at the Yankees or YES who sign his checks! I applauded the Yankees and YES for taking Mike's criticism over the years and felt strong respect for both parties for their legitimacy. Now Yankee fans are stuck with more of Kay's outright Yankee propoganda, at least on TV. It's a sad day for YES. They've lost a viewer here in me now except for when games are on. (For those who don't know Mike F. was on air from 1-6:30 most weekdays) So this is a huge loss in the amount of time I'll ever turn on this, now sorry, excuse for a TV station....Back to AM radio for me!!!!

Curious if anyone else is outraged or had any thoughts on the matter...

EvilKing00
02-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Francesa is by far the best host going. The ratings on the fan prove it. Also I agree that Francesa having Arod on was a big reason YES didn't want him back. Whatever channel gets him will deff be the better for it, and YES ratings with K will not be 1/2 as good.

Too bad for YES to let it become personal.

tcdyess
02-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Francesa actually got better once The Dog left. I can not believe the Fan is jumping into the Yankee hype machine. This is from a Yankee fan!! Francesa had the knowledge and balls to call the Yankees out when they did something stupid. Kay is just going to be an extended pre-game show and all ra ra...... Ridiculous......

Tim

Jim65
02-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Honestly, don't care either way about YES, I never watched his show. I listen once in a while while driving. I think he has gotten completely full of himself since Dog left, hes always right about everything and he'll be the first to tell ya that.

bigtrain
02-08-2014, 12:20 PM
I still listen to Francesa even though he is a know-it-all and a jerk. I like Kay but agree that he makes a lot of stupid comments. That seems to be par for the course with most baseball commentators. I once heard Joe Morgan say that Don Gullett was the best pitcher he ever played with. Don't get me started with Joe Buck or McCarver. The guy the Yankees have to get rid of is that moron, John Sterling. He is absolutely awful and thinks that everything is about him.

Paul S
02-09-2014, 08:32 PM
I could never understand the mentality of having a radio personality doing their schtick on television. Total visual boredom. When not in the car I have a transistor radio at home. Francesa is an arrogant %#^, but knows his stuff. But sometimes, in the car, when I switch to WFAN and hear his voice I automatically punch another channel. Kay is a hack who will offer inane stuff he likely doesn't believe in just to get a rise out of the audience. So I don't need the YES network. I'll take Steve Somers any day, He can talk intellectually yet entertainingly in a schoomzy manner about all sports, even hockey! Who else does that around here?

chris6net
02-10-2014, 05:34 PM
Francesa will bury Kay in the ratings. As far as his show being on TV I work evenings and find myself with Francesa on the tube for at least an hour each day.

Big Six
02-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Lifelong Yankee fan...and I pretty much hate all the tv and radio personalities...Steiner, Kay, Waldman, O'neill, ugh...it doesn't stop. I tolerate Cone and Leiter is decent...miss Bill White and Tony Kubek and even Scooter. Have to imagine a team with such deep pockets could do better...and while I hate the Red Sox, I love Remy and Orsillo...as for Francessa, he makes my ears bleed...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yanksfan09
02-10-2014, 05:54 PM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/media/source-mike-francesa-s-show-to-air-on-fox-sports-1-1.7006549

Reports are now that Francesa will be back on TV on Fox Sports 1 Channel. Doesn't have a starting date or anything yet.