PDA

View Full Version : Fresh T206 collector

NorthBorder
02-05-2014, 06:43 PM
I'm New to the Board... Hello

Canadian T206 Collector , looking to open up more avenues for purchasing this great set besides EBay . I am trying to collect all players and backs from players born in or have played in Canada while learning who they all are.

Any help or knowledge would be greatly apprieceated
, thank you

kamikidEFFL
02-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Welcome you will find a ton of T206 stuff here for sure.

Leon
02-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the fray. If you read the board every day you will eventually get T206 overload, in a good way!!

Be sure to check out the BST for T206s too.....lots of good stuff there.

I am downsizing my T206 group but here is one not leaving home.

http://luckeycards.com/pt206younghindu.jpg

t206blogcom
02-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Welcome to the board! It's a great place to educate yourself about T206's as well as pick up some great cards in the BST section. Good luck!

ethicsprof
02-05-2014, 07:13 PM
welcome aboard!
all the best,
barry

Ronnie73
02-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the board. Do a search for the book T206 Collection, The Players And Their Stories. I haven't read it but I believe it gives some background player information your looking for.

Pete Pyro
02-05-2014, 08:07 PM
Welcome to the board. Do a search for the book T206 Collection, The Players And Their Stories. I haven't read it but I believe it gives some background player information your looking for.

^^ what he said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrvster
02-05-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm obsessed with T206 printer's scraps/freaks

boy your going to love it here!:)

Peace

Johnny

Jantz
02-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Hi Dan

Welcome to the Board.

These are Canadian born players in the T206 set.

Nig Clarke
Bunk Congalton
Russ Ford
George Gibson
Larry McLean
Bill O'Hara
Newt Randall

There are probably a few more, but this is enough to get you started.

Jantz

veloce
02-06-2014, 02:46 AM
I put together a Canadian related T206 group last year. In addition to the players Jantz listed below, Bill O'Neil is Canadian. I also included The players who are depicted with Toronto and Montreal (Casey, Grimshaw, Kelley, McGinley, F. Mitchell, and Rudolph) along with Shag Shaughnessy who is in the Canadian baseball HOF and made numerous contributions to sports in Canada. This group of 15 provides a nice assortment of cards for T206 (one HOFer, on SLer, etc)

Hi Dan

Welcome to the Board.

These are Canadian born players in the T206 set.

Nig Clarke
Bunk Congalton
Russ Ford
George Gibson
Larry McLean
Bill O'Hara
Newt Randall

There are probably a few more, but this is enough to get you started.

Jantz

Northviewcats
02-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Hi Dan,

Welcome to the board. I know that you will enjoy your visits here. After all where else can you find guys (and gals) that will stay up all night just to answer questions that hardly anyone else in the universe is interested in. :D

Best of luck with your collection.

Joe

the 'stache
02-06-2014, 07:40 AM

+1. That's a great place to start. Highly recommended.

Welcome aboard, Dan!

vintagechris
02-06-2014, 08:03 AM
The books Deadball Stars of the American League & Deadball stars of the National League have a lot of great personal info in them as well. Things such as where they were born, where they played before they played in the Major Leagues. The best books about the deadball era IMO. Good luck with your collection!

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
02-06-2014, 10:33 AM
Welcome to the board. Generally people say something about what got hem into collecting and don't just say they are here to buy.

Leon
02-06-2014, 11:32 AM
Welcome to the board. Generally people say something about what got hem into collecting and don't just say they are here to buy.

If this refers to the opening post I didn't take it that way? He went on to say...in the first post.....

"I am trying to collect all players and backs from players born in or have played in Canada while learning who they all are."

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
02-06-2014, 11:34 AM
If this refers to the opening post I didn't take it that way? He went on to say...in the first post.....

"I am trying to collect all players and backs from players born in or have played in Canada while learning who they all are."

Well it looks like i missed that and sounded like a dick. My bad!

j_cook
02-06-2014, 12:36 PM
That Cy Young is a beauty.

NorthBorder
02-08-2014, 09:52 AM
Thanks to all who answered and for the warm welcome.
The knowledge and collections on this site is amazing. So glad to know I'm not the only one obsessed with the monster.

T206 want list
-Joe Kelley sgc 40
-Nap Lajoie ,portrait,Bat
-Larry Mclean
-Newt Randall
-Toronto Team
-Russ Ford
-Bill O'Neill
-Ty Cobb Bat off shoulder sgc 30
-Any rare Canadian Back

Let me know if you can help. Thank you

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
02-08-2014, 09:58 AM
What are the Canadian backs?

sebie43
02-08-2014, 10:41 AM
Welcome to the club eyy

NorthBorder
02-08-2014, 11:09 AM
What are the Canadian backs?

Canadian player rare standard backs

Do you really feel the need to be that guy?
Sounds like you smoke for a lot more than just for the cards.
Keeper nice pal

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
02-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Not sure what you mean by "that guy". I am still learning about the set so I thought there may be backs I am was unaware of. Please don't try to start shit.

sebie43
02-08-2014, 12:26 PM
It was a simple question from Alex, as a newbie one i also pondered no need for snark