PDA

View Full Version : O/T Hockey Question Yankee Stadium

Shoeless Moe
02-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Hey I'm thinking of getting tickets for the Hawks Penguins at Solder Field Mach 1 and was just curious if any New Yorkers on board, or any LA or Toronto fans know if ticket prices went up or down as it got within days of game time.

I know for some events the scalpers overbuy and a $300 ticket now, 4 weeks away becomes a $100 ticket a few days b4 game-time because they can't get rid of their inventory.

bigfanNY
02-01-2014, 09:37 PM
I went to NJ Devils game at Yankee Stadium and prices went down significantly as it got closer to game. But in this case weather was definitely a factor, the colder the forecast the cheaper the tickets.

Shoeless Moe
02-01-2014, 09:38 PM
I went to NJ Devils game at Yankee Stadium and prices went down significantly as it got closer to game. But in this case weather was definitely a factor, the colder the forecast the cheaper the tickets.

ah ha, good tip, thanks. i'll check the 10 day forecast as it gets closer and hope for cold and snow.

chris6net
02-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Rangers season ticket holder who sold my Devils game way in advance but went to the Islanders game. The prices went down only because NY had its worse cold in 25 years. It was about 10 degrees for the game when it is normally about 30-40. Check the forecast is my only advice

Iwantmorecards77
02-03-2014, 11:26 AM
I would certainly believe that tickets would be cheaper as you get closer to the game. Although many tickets were available leading up to both Yankee Stadium games - I believe they were eventually both announced as sellouts. Some good seats went for cheap!

The Islanders gave our organization 50 free tickets - and several of our families purchased additional tickets on Stub Hub. The place was packed - and cold! (Bathroom and concession lines were brutal though.)

Penguins/Hawks will be a good one - have fun!

Brian Van Horn
02-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Go Penguins!

Season ticketholder.