PDA

View Full Version : t213 Coupon's vs t206

bn2cardz
01-31-2014, 09:48 AM
I know many believe that the type1 can/should be included in as part of t206. This question isn't really about that.

What I was curious about is where the type 2 and 3 stand in rarity. t206resource has placed type 1 just above Carolina Brights in relative scarcity. Type 2 seems pretty common relative to type 1 and 3. Would it make sense that it would be around Tolstoi or EPDG in scarcity?

Where would type 3 be? Around Pied fact 42 and AB 460?

Also Old cardboard shows a Value Multiplier of 1 across the board. Yet, I do see a price difference in type 2 compared to type 1 and 3. If Type 2 is base value, where would the other two types be in comparison?

t206trader
01-31-2014, 09:56 AM
Type 2's are relatively common and the 1x multiplier should hold true for most type 2's. Type 3's would be the next most common and typically fetch much more. Not sure I can narrow it down to a multiplier but I would say somewhere in the 5-6x area. Type 1's are exceptionally rare (relative to the other backs) and I'd expect a multiplier of 10x plus for them. Just my estimation.

Leon
01-31-2014, 02:37 PM
Type 2's are relatively common and the 1x multiplier should hold true for most type 2's. Type 3's would be the next most common and typically fetch much more. Not sure I can narrow it down to a multiplier but I would say somewhere in the 5-6x area. Type 1's are exceptionally rare (relative to the other backs) and I'd expect a multiplier of 10x plus for them. Just my estimation.

Pretty good analysis and I concur except I am one that is NOT in the camp of the T213s being T206s (this has nothing to do with your post).
I guess if Burdick hadn't made it extremely clear that they aren't, then I might agree. As it is he even mentioned them being "designs of No. T206".

Ironically Burdick gives the Type 2s a 1.3x multiplier and didn't even catalog the type 3s (assuming his "name in blue" series was series 2, as they are relatively common).

marcdelpercio
01-31-2014, 09:11 PM
I believe that Type 3's are considerably scarcer than Type 2's and only slightly more common than Type 1's. To me, the Type 3's are one of the more interesting and unusual of all tobacco card releases as they seem to be something of an afterthought, released several years after any other similarly styled set and with a checklist that is likely still incomplete. I don't follow population reports too closely, but I have personally tracked this set for awhile and can't name more than a few cards in the set for which I've seen multiple copies for sale over the past several years.

I do agree that the Type 1's are the toughest of all, although I attribute a bit of the added interest in those to some collectors (myself included) who are intrigued by their similarities to the T206 set.

I think that Brandon's estimation of the value multipliers is pretty accurate, from my experience.

bn2cardz
01-31-2014, 09:18 PM
So it sounds like I was on track with type 2 being the easiest, then type 3, then 1. Where would you put them in comparison to t206 backs? Would it be close to what I said? I have only paid attention to the set for the last couple of months and haven't really tracked it as much as I am just going off what it seems like.

ValKehl
01-31-2014, 09:26 PM
FWIIW, the combined PSA & SGC pop reports currently show the following totals:
T213-1 - 233 cards
T213-3 - 483 cards

t206trader
01-31-2014, 09:36 PM
Type 1: Broad Leaf 350
Type 2: Polar Bear/Sovereign 150/350
Type 3: Brown Hindu/AB 460

Roughly like that if I had to space them in the t206 backs list. Of course this is just based on personal experience and as we all know actual rarity doesn't always match up with value.

buymycards
02-01-2014, 06:46 AM
Hi Marc, I think you are right on the mark with your analysis of the Coupons.

As far as how they compare to T206 backs, I don't have a clue.

Rick

Harford20
02-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Although almost apples and oranges:
I would think the rarity are somewhere between Andy and Brandon (although as Brandon stated, this is rarity and not price)

Type 1: Broad Leaf 350
Type 2: EDPG/Tolstoi
Type 3: Brown Hindu/Pied F42

Dave