Scott Garner
01-29-2014, 07:59 PM
Interesting read...

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/fbi-agents-search-rogers-photo-archive/

Leon
01-30-2014, 12:29 PM
Interesting read...

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/fbi-agents-search-rogers-photo-archive/

There is a long thread on the main page about it...hence less responses here.

mybestbretts
02-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Wow, what is going on?

Runscott
02-02-2014, 03:06 PM
I would love to see updates on this situation, but once I leave the site of a train-wreck I don't return. The same carnage will still be there, plus some additional. I'll let that thread continue its rotting without any additional help from me - sorry I ever got involved in it.

So what's new on this topic?

Runscott
02-03-2014, 11:46 AM
...still going strong on the card side. Any new news on the Rogers situation?

From what I could glean from the first 125 posts in that thread, Rogers' home was invaded by the FBI, but we have no idea as to why. There was then a lot of speculation that he was probably guilty of something diabolical, because of his having auctioned a signed Ruth/Gehrig ball through Coaches Corner and made an unsecured loan to Peter Nash. To the best of my knowledge, Rogers was a well-respected Net54 forum member up until the day this story was posted here on Net54, despite all the things in his past that have been there all along. Buzzards just waiting by the side of the road all this time? :confused:

Any news of anything related to the actual FBI search?

shelly
02-03-2014, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=Runscott;1236096]...still going strong on the card side. Any new news on the Rogers situation?

From what I could glean from the first 125 posts in that thread, Rogers' home was invaded by the FBI, but we have no idea as to why. There was then a lot of speculation that he was probably guilty of something diabolical, because of his having auctioned a signed Ruth/Gehrig ball through Coaches Corner and made an unsecured loan to Peter Nash. To the best of my knowledge, Rogers was a well-respected Net54 forum member up until the day this story was posted here on Net54, despite all the things in his past that have been there all along. Buzzards just waiting by the side of the road all this time? :confused:

I personally dont like John but going after him for cc is totaly wrong. He recived an email from me asking if that piece of garbage was his. He emailed cc and they took it down. He said someone used his cert. It was so bad I had to think he really had nothing to do with it. I would also think he had nothing to do with the bat as well. This is a place where if think you have friends watch out. Once the chumming begins you have no idea how many sharks are on here.:D

Runscott
02-03-2014, 01:25 PM
I personally dont like John but going after him for cc is totaly wrong. He recived an email from me asking if that piece of garbage was his. He emailed cc and they took it down. He said someone used his cert. It was so bad I had to think he really had nothing to do with it. I would also think he had nothing to do with the bat as well. This is a place where if think you have friends watch out. Once the chumming begins you have no idea how many sharks are on here.:D

Thanks for the update, Shelly. I've been chum here several times, but I think there are lessons you learn from getting chewed on a little. The main one is to learn when to just walk away and let the sharks hang themselves. I know, the visual is weird...