PDA

View Full Version : Leon is now even more famous

Rich Klein
01-29-2014, 02:15 PM
http://www.weather.com/news/weather-winter/winter-storm-leon-live-updates-snow-ice-storm-20140127

He is worthy of a winter storm name. Remind me not to be in his path on a bad day

Rich

Cardboard Junkie
01-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Aloha! Posted yesterday in Watercooler/ off topic section. :) Dave
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=182392

vintagetoppsguy
01-29-2014, 02:46 PM
In Houston yesterday, the weather was supposed to be really bad. They advised everybody to stay home saying the rain and freezing conditions would create ice on the roads. Most people headed the warnings. A lot of businesses were closed. Classes were cancelled at all school districts in the area. I went to my bank yesterday and they were even closed.

I braved the treacherous conditions and headed into work. These pictures taken outside my parking garage at work and show the extent of the icy conditions...

baseball tourist
01-29-2014, 03:02 PM
In Houston yesterday, the weather was supposed to be really bad. They advised everybody to stay home saying the rain and freezing conditions would create ice on the roads. Most people headed the warnings. A lot of businesses were closed. Classes were cancelled at all school districts in the area. I went to my bank yesterday and they were even closed.

I braved the treacherous conditions and headed into work. These pictures taken outside my parking garage at work and show the extent of the icy conditions...

The horror! :)

h2oya311
01-29-2014, 03:51 PM
I'm from Houston originally. I lived there for about 20 years and remember it snowing about three times total. Each was a "dusting" that didn't even stick to the ground, yet schools would be canceled. Aside from the occasional hurricane/flooding, we were always looking for opportunities to get a day off. I think Houstonians are jealous of all the snow days the "northerners" get!!

kkkkandp
01-30-2014, 12:05 PM
A friend of mine from San Antonio sent this to me yesterday.

Michael B
01-30-2014, 12:55 PM

Boy, I thought the people in Washington, D.C. were 'Weather Pussies' (my own expression). It looks like Houston and Atlanta have supplanted the people here in that category.

What a difference from Massachusetts. We would go to work even if snow was predicted. You would come out after work and find 6-7 inches of snow on your car. You would clean it off, get moving and still make it home in a reasonable amount of time. At one point I was commuting 53 miles each way and we would have decent snow storms and it would only take 2 hours instead of the normal 1 hour to get home. You would get out on the highway and everyone would be moving along at a steady pace and get where they were going. Very few knuckleheads who thought four wheel drive was four wheel stop.

Brian Van Horn
01-30-2014, 03:54 PM
Below zero three days in a little over a week in Pittsburgh. Enjoyed every moment of it!

lharri3600
01-30-2014, 05:00 PM
A friend of mine from San Antonio sent this to me yesterday.

GEE I'M MOVING TO AUSTIN IN A FEW WEEK! MAY AS WELL STAY IN BUFFALO:eek:

toppcat
01-30-2014, 05:09 PM
LOL Rich, I was thinking the same thing!