PDA

View Full Version : Babe Ruth Historians : Please post earliest known images of The Babe

DixieBaseball
01-29-2014, 12:52 PM
I spent some time earlier this year researching Ruth's early years and I am amazed at the lack of photo's and information regarding Ruth in his adolescent years. (Perhaps I am missing something...) I realize St. Mary's had a devastating fire, but it would seem some of their Yearbooks/Programs/Paper publications would have survived to unveil perhaps a earlier image or even information of Ruth besides the couple of St.Mary's team images and late teen success. I understand Ruth was allowed to play for other teams by the Xaverian Brothers whether it was local or semi-pro due to his success. I even read his St. Marys boys team beat St. Josephs College (Same Campus area is my understanding) in 1913 behind Ruth's 14 K's as an 17 year old. My question is where are the Ruth images from Pre-1912? (Ruth images from age 16 back to 12 or perhaps earlier?) He was dominating as a player in 1912 and from earlier reports he transferred to other Xaverian Institutions on campus and area to play ball for numerous teams while at St. Mary's. One might wonder If he even played for St. Josephs College in a limited role as a pitcher? He was a beast before he was 17-19, and it would figure there would be more documentation from at least local level about Ruth. I will hang up and listen... (These images below show Ruth from age 17-19 years old)

callou2131
01-29-2014, 02:47 PM
Could it be?
http://xroads.virginia.edu/~ug02/yeung/baberuth/born.html

DixieBaseball
01-30-2014, 09:30 PM
I have seen the baby pic of Babe before and Thanks for that post, but I am looking for pictures from age 10 to 15. It seems there are none.