PDA

View Full Version : Clean Sweep Auction ending this evening 1/29/2014

Leon
01-29-2014, 12:27 PM
As a courtesy to Clean Sweep Auctions for being an advertiser I want to remind folks that their auction is ending this evening. Good luck to anyone going for anything and please don't bid on what I am bidding on!! :)

BTW, the Joe Jackson/Buck Weaver signed ball is doing very well....

http://cleansweepauctions.com/

Shoeless Moe
01-29-2014, 06:44 PM
It would have been nice to know you can't place a bid on an item the night of the auction.....bidding still has 2 hours left yet you can't bid.

Seems dumb.....don't they want my money????

Only auction house among 30 or so I bid in that does this......what is the purpose?

Shoeless Moe
01-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Found the rule:

•20. A BID MUST BE PLACED ON ANY SPECIFIC LOT PRIOR TO 6 PM EST ON THE FINAL DAY OF THE AUCTION IN ORDER TO BID ON THAT LOT AFTER THAT TIME. IN OTHER WORDS, YOU MUST PLACE BIDS ON EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOUR LOTS BY 6 PM EST OF THE FINAL DAY OF BIDDING.

WHY?????? What is the point of ending it at 10 Eastern, why says 2 hours left to bid....there are NO hours left to bid.

Yet there is still time on the clock.

Why is there a clock? It should have ended at 6 and now should be the extended bidding.

earlywynnfan
01-29-2014, 06:52 PM
They have the worst bidding rules of anyone. If you have so many bids anywhere in the auction, you can bid on ANY lot in the auction as long as the whole auction is open.

Almost any other auction house, if you are the only bidder at the cutoff time, you win it. I've gone to bed at 1 am being the only bidder, only to wake up a loser.

Ken

Runscott
01-29-2014, 08:19 PM
All of the AH's have their own rules - it's just a matter of getting familiar with them. I think most of us decide several days in advance whether or not there are any items we are interested in, then place a marker bid just to be safe.

Then you can worry about the rules around 10pm Eastern the night the auction ends, and you are safe with any of them, since they only require that you have bid prior to some point in order to participate in extended bidding.

I wouldn't normally give away 'secrets' that encourage competition, but this one really isn't rocket science.