PDA

View Full Version : Stolen cards recovered - Musial & Kiner London Dry Cards

Drew6
01-28-2014, 08:04 PM
I just wanted to update everyone that the seller of the cards I posted about tracked down the stolen cards, kept me apprised of the situation as it developed, and utilized this forum in recovering the cards that were stolen from his mail box along with all the others he had stolen at the same time. He is an outstanding seller who definitely is well worth dealing with. If he'll have me, he has earned a customer for life and I want to let everyone know what a top notch person he is. I will encourage everyone to check out his auctions and state that you would be in good hands in dealing with him. The cards look even better now that they reside in my collection:). Picked up at PO Box today - cards arrived Saturday 2-15-14.

Drew

Amazing seller : aronbenabe

Ebay Auctions Link for aronbenabe

(LOT-OF-2-RARE-LONDON-DRY-EXHIBIT-CARDS-HOFERS-STAN-MUSIAL-RALPH-KINER-AWESOME )

-------------------------
Collecting Musial, K. Boyer, Simmons - The Cardinal Years, & vintage cards

Hi all, I just wanted to post a situation to a lot of 2 cards that I won on ebay in which the seller just sent me a message indicating the cards have been stolen from the mail. I am very angry about this and not sure that I completely believe the story. I want MY cards. At what point in a transaction does an item change ownership? Is it after money changes hands? But just in case - please be aware that if these cards surface - they have been reported stolen - LOT OF 2 RARE LONDON DRY EXHIBIT CARDS HOFERS STAN MUSIAL & RALPH KINER

Drew

earlywynnfan
01-28-2014, 08:16 PM
I've had several issues with the PO in the last two months. But my Q is: how does he know they were stolen in the mail? I mailed some cards and the buyer told me they never arrived. Sadly, I just had to believe him.

Ken

KCRfan1
01-28-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm surprised that those cards were not mailed with a tracking number. First Class provides tracking at minimal cost. Can I ask what you paid for the cards? I wonder if the seller felt some remorse.

Drew6
01-28-2014, 09:04 PM
Ken & Lou:

Here is the message that he sent to me indicating they were stolen: - My first thought was that he was reneging on the sale. A refund has been issued - I have made it clear that I want the cards if/when they surface. - Drew

<< Dear Ebay Friend, This has never happened to me in 14+ years selling items on Ebay and placing packages in my mail slot to be picked up by my mail carrier. Here's what happened. I put the envelope with your 2 cards friday morning. The postal worker for some odd reason failed to take any of the several pieces of mail I place out there. I put it out there again friday night to be picked up on Saturday. Evidently, someone came onto my property in the middle of the night, and took your package (plus 2 others I had out there). I feel really violated and reported this to the authorities, including the postal serve. I asked Ebay for assistance and they suggested I simply contact the customers, explain the situation and offer a complete refund. If I had these same cards in stock, I'd simply send them to you. Please acknowledge this message, and I'm terribly sorry for the mishap, as mentioned, it's never happened to me before. Your refund will be processed later this evening.

Zach Wheat
01-28-2014, 09:20 PM
Sorry that you did not get the cards; I feel for you. I would be happy with a refund and move on....I have had issues with the post office lately. One package of sports related stuff took 10 days to arrive from the west coast; we both thought it was lost. Another package of cards from a board member from South Dakota took several days to arrive after tracking info said it was "delivered".

Not the same as your issue but still a pain overall. It looks like you are at least getting a refund.

glynparson
01-29-2014, 02:37 AM
and move on. If I saw him relist that may be a different story.

Drew6
01-29-2014, 03:55 PM
Thanks guys - I received my refund and have no other choice but to move on -life is too short. I'll keep my eyes open should they once again surface at auction.

Drew

7nohitter
01-29-2014, 05:15 PM
The story sounds very suspect...the bit about him feeling violated feels contrived and is a misdirection...

vintage954
01-30-2014, 12:34 PM
Ask him to see a copy of the report he filed when he called the police...

brookdodger55
01-30-2014, 01:10 PM
This line sounds suspicious, these are rare cards, what's the chance he would have 2 extras of these cards.

If I had these same cards in stock, I'd simply send them to you.
Sellers remorse
Mike

Drew6
02-07-2014, 03:58 AM
Update I was just contacted by the seller who had the cards stolen from the mail who informed me he was contacted by a card shop owner who purchased the cards along with others reported stolen. Hopefully he can identify the person who sold the stolen cards and this story can have a happy ending. Will continue to update -

Drew

Drew6
02-17-2014, 05:45 PM
bump for update

bnorth
02-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Awesome story thank you for sharing. Truly a great seller.

JollyElm
02-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!