PDA

View Full Version : 1862 Scorecard,Tickets and more.

Saco River Auction
01-28-2014, 07:03 AM
Saco River Auction is please to announce the upcoming sale of several rare unusual items which will be sold on February 19th 2014 @ 5PM.

The items are all from the same game/teams.

We have the original scorecard from the game played August 7th 1862 between the Washington National Team and the 71st Regiment of the New York Militia. The scorecard is hand written by the official scorer and signed by both the scorer and an umpire. This was the second time these two teams have played.

The first game was played in 1861. In that game the 71st Regiment beat the Nationals 42-13.
A month later the 71st regiment was involved in the Battle of Bull Run and lost many of their prized baseball players on the battlefield.

The depleted 71st Regiment played the Nationals one year later and the Nationals beat the 71st by a score of 28-13.

Also included in this group are a 4 pack of 71st regiment passes issued to soldiers to attend the game, three camp currency tickets used to purchase concessions during the game, an invitation signed by Arthur Gorman (Nationals President) inviting people to attend the game and a newspaper box score from the first game in 1861.

These items came from an estate in Long Island New York and have been in the family for three generations.

I do not have any estimates on what these items may be worth at this time. I have attached detailed photos for your viewing.

Please ask me any questions you may have or call me 207-602-1504.

Troy

Saco River Auction
01-28-2014, 09:38 AM
The Photos posted are out of the plastic. The photos on our site are in the plastic sleeve. There was a question from a member regarding this.

Troy

Shoeless Moe
01-28-2014, 12:07 PM
I'm a little confused by your Site. Can you bid online?

It's different then most auction house Sites.

Can you give a little helping on the bidding process.

Shoeless Moe
01-28-2014, 12:09 PM
Also, I just see pictures, no descriptions.

Saco River Auction
01-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Hi, we have online bidding listed on auction zip and live auctioneers. Those sites host our online bidding platforms and those are live bidding. If you want to bid live on the phone you can call 207-602-1504

Saco River Auction
01-28-2014, 12:14 PM
Also, I just see pictures, no descriptions.

It is still early and we are still building that sale (February 19). Our site only contains the photos. The descriptions will be listed in the live catalogs on auction zip and live auctioneers.

Our other sale currently up is February 5. Here is a link to this catalog which should explain it further. http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/50553_fine-antiques-and-collectibles/page1

Leon
01-28-2014, 12:44 PM
It is still early and we are still building that sale (February 19). Our site only contains the photos. The descriptions will be listed in the live catalogs on auction zip and live auctioneers.

Our other sale currently up is February 5. Here is a link to this catalog which should explain it further. http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/50553_fine-antiques-and-collectibles/page1

Good luck Troy and thanks again for becoming a regular Net54baseball advertiser. It's appreciated.

Shoeless Moe
01-28-2014, 02:01 PM

Perfect, just registered, thanks!

Saco River Auction
02-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Just a reminder that the 1862 scorecard lot is being sold this weds 2-19-14 @5PM. It is lot 50.

For anyone who has not yet signed up to be a phone bidder, we have a few lines left for the sale so sign up ASAP to ensure your spot.

207-650-5677

Troy

sam majors
02-17-2014, 02:05 PM
I found pictures of the Aug. 19th auction but no descriptions. What am I doing wrong? Sam Majors :confused: :confused: :confused:

Saco River Auction
02-18-2014, 07:17 AM
I found pictures of the Aug. 19th auction but no descriptions. What am I doing wrong? Sam Majors :confused: :confused: :confused:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/51390_sports-memorabilia-toys-and-collectibles/page1

Hope This Helps