PDA

View Full Version : 1878 Forbes Co. Base Ball Trade Cards

ernestreyes
01-24-2014, 01:02 PM
I apologize in advance if putting up this link isn't proper. I have a little blog focused on the Dodgers and collecting, and I put up a post recently on a trade card set in my collection. It's the ACC #H804-6 Forbes Co. set.

I thought I'd note that the most recent Keetz guide on trade cards only indicates one variation; whereas, I have at least three different variations in my collection - red, black and no letters.

http://www.dodgersblueheaven.com/2014/01/a-victorian-trade-card-set-1878-forbes.html

aquarius31
01-25-2014, 11:23 AM
Nice blogs and those H804-28 Large Head Series cards are quite interesting. There are more than 3 variations of H804-6 trade cards. I don't have a picture but a few years back on ebay there was one that had no printing and was similar in color to the H804-17 cards.

ernestreyes
01-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Thanks. I didn't know about that other variation. I'd love to see those "blue tinted" versions of this set.

And the Large Head Series cards are better looking in person. I had a chance to buy one several years, but got a bit of sticker shock at the time. Unfortunately, knowing what I know today, I'd buy it at a heartbeat. Those cards are very hard to come by