PDA

View Full Version : have you ever hear of the nashville vols. know the nashville sound

soundfan96
01-22-2014, 03:09 PM
try to see if I can see if they made any card for the nashville vils.it not a college team they are not know as sound

Jeffrompa
01-22-2014, 03:15 PM
There are some team Postcards and player RPPC postcards but I have never seen a regular baseball card with that team . They play in the same league as the Chattanooga Lookouts .

soundfan96
01-22-2014, 03:23 PM
There are some team Postcards and player RPPC postcards but I have never seen a regular baseball card with that team . They play in the same league as the Chattanooga Lookouts .

will thank for the help but have you ever hear of a man who played for them name bynum allen young Sr. if so can you let me know

Nashvol
01-22-2014, 05:11 PM
Questions like this come up all the time, but it is always helpful to know more. In this case the full name is given, but here is what else could be helpful as described in my blog from November 29 (http://262downright.wordpress.com/2013/11/29/your-grandfathers-nashville-baseball-history/).

If known, additional information that is always helpful:

"... full name (provided in this instance), date of birth, place of birth and death, any known teams or teammates. Photos or documents are always helpful, especially a birth or death certificate."

A best guesstimate at a time frame would be helpful, too.

There was a "Dell" Young who played for Nashville in 1912 & 1913. Could this person have been known as "Dell"? According to The Southern Association in Baseball 1885-1961" (Wright, Marshall D. Jefferson, North Carolina & London: MacFarland & Co., 2002. Print.) he is the only "Young" listed on rosters for Nashville.

soundfan96
01-22-2014, 05:32 PM
Questions like this come up all the time, but it is always helpful to know more. In this case the full name is given, but here is what else could be helpful as described in my blog from November 29 (http://262downright.wordpress.com/2013/11/29/your-grandfathers-nashville-baseball-history/).

If known, additional information that is always helpful:

"... full name (provided in this instance), date of birth, place of birth and death, any known teams or teammates. Photos or documents are always helpful, especially a birth or death certificate."

A best guesstimate at a time frame would be helpful, too.

There was a "Dell" Young who played for Nashville in 1912 & 1913. Could this person have been known as "Dell"? According to The Southern Association in Baseball 1885-1961" (Wright, Marshall D. Jefferson, North Carolina & London: MacFarland & Co., 2002. Print.) he is the only "Young" listed on rosters for Nashville.

not liveing I do have apic. of him if I can email it to you