PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Wagz Story at HOS

Cardboard Junkie
01-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Pretty interesting.http://haulsofshame.com/blog/?p=25287#more-25287

Leon
01-21-2014, 10:39 AM
Great story. He should spend as much time paying back the people he has defrauded.

Cardboard Junkie
01-21-2014, 11:07 AM
I admit, I am confused by all the roles of all the players in the "Hobby", but tell me, was HE the Cooperstown Forger? If not, was the forger ever caught? Enlighten me.

Leon
01-21-2014, 11:18 AM
I admit, I am confused by all the roles of all the players in the "Hobby", but tell me, was HE the Cooperstown Forger? If not, was the forger ever caught? Enlighten me.

Rumor has it that he was him but that is it. As for anything else....Peter Nash, according to reliable hobby sources, has made fraudulent memorabilia that he consigned to auction houses. He has written a lot of bad checks (I have copies), and does everything he can to evade paying his just dues. Until the time he makes good on his bad stuff, most of us don't want anything to do with him.

Let me ask this Dave. If Nash had defrauded you out of 6 figures of bad memorabilia, would you want to read about all of the great stuff he is doing, or would you want him to pay you back?

No doubt he is a smart person. If he only used his brains for good instead of evil he would have many more fans in the hobby. As it is he is just a criminal bouncing around from court appearance to court appearance. Eventually things will catch up with him, one way or another.

Paul S
01-21-2014, 12:45 PM
Even if I didn't know his (Nash's) background I can tell his nature just by the way he writes.

Stonepony
01-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Interesting article, thanks David

Iron Horse
01-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Thanks for sharing David. Almost puts you there when these gems were released. Great read.

slidekellyslide
01-21-2014, 02:16 PM

I'm surprised Peter isn't on the Cooperstown Forger story like a tenacious pit bull.

wonkaticket
01-21-2014, 02:22 PM
We asked hobby insiders…… “Travis Roste” LOL. :D

tschock
01-21-2014, 02:23 PM
"The article claimed that the cards were “more sought after than gold” by young boys who purchased packs of cigarettes for the pictures of “baseball men” and then “peddled the smokeables to passers on the streets.” "

This was in 1909. In the embedded article, boys were buying packs at a nickel and selling the cigarettes for a penny apiece on the street... just for the cards. That's the entrepreneurial spirit!

bbeck
01-21-2014, 06:07 PM
Rumor has it that he was him but that is it. As for anything else....Peter Nash, according to reliable hobby sources, has made fraudulent memorabilia that he consigned to auction houses. He has written a lot of bad checks (I have copies), and does everything he can to evade paying his just dues. Until the time he makes good on his bad stuff, most of us don't want anything to do with him.

Let me ask this Dave. If Nash had defrauded you out of 6 figures of bad memorabilia, would you want to read about all of the great stuff he is doing, or would you want him to pay you back?

No doubt he is a smart person. If he only used his brains for good instead of evil he would have many more fans in the hobby. As it is he is just a criminal bouncing around from court appearance to court appearance. Eventually things will catch up with him, one way or another.

Possibly, Peter Nash is the equivalent of the Jose Canseco of memorabilia. A deplorable offender, vilified by many, but basically writes the truth regarding others past misdeeds (Not 100%, but nails a decent amount of the truth). Except.... Jose came clean.

earlywynnfan
01-21-2014, 06:34 PM

sounds to me like you're bucking to get your name in the next column! Oh, wait, you're in EVERY column!

Ken

wonkaticket
01-21-2014, 06:37 PM
sounds to me like you're bucking to get your name in the next column! Oh, wait, you're in EVERY column!

Ken

Leon, is chump change Lifson is the real all-star of Pete's bromance.

earlywynnfan
01-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Leon, is chump change Lifson is the real all-star of Pete's bromance.

True, but it's always good to have a back-up!