PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know who this idiot is?

danmckee
01-17-2014, 02:01 PM
He bought a FAKE Middy Bread card and left positive feedback!

Thanks for a positive experience and a great item!
e***i (2848) Jan-15-14 17:39
1927 Middy Bread Bing Miller Original Baseball Card Ungraded RARE - LOOK (#301056017487)

Looks like he has a lot of + feedback

Brian Van Horn
01-17-2014, 02:28 PM
Here is a link:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=buttalish&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=301053914777&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

gregr2
01-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Don't know but he wasn't the only one bidding on it.

h2oya311
01-17-2014, 03:06 PM
I'm just glad it wasn't me. I've bought my share of fakes (mostly ten years ago) and left positive feedback...hope I wasn't called an idiot back then. Maybe I should check the old net54 archives...

conor912
01-17-2014, 03:16 PM
He bought a FAKE Middy Bread card and left positive feedback!

Thanks for a positive experience and a great item!
e***i (2848) Jan-15-14 17:39
1927 Middy Bread Bing Miller Original Baseball Card Ungraded RARE - LOOK (#301056017487)

Looks like he has a lot of + feedback

What is the point of this post? Maybe as a courtesy to a fellow collector you could drop him a line and let him know instead of coming here and calling him an idiot.

Stonepony
01-17-2014, 03:23 PM
What is the point of this post? Maybe as a courtesy to a fellow collector you could drop him a line and let him know instead of coming here and calling him an idiot.

1+
See visious<sp thread. The OP point I believe

Michael B
01-17-2014, 03:43 PM
1+
See visious<sp thread. The OP point I believe

Do not want to be the spelling police, but seriously!!!!!!!!!! It was misspelled in that thread title, there is no need to perpetuate the error.

vi·cious
[ víshəss ]

1.ferocious and violent: carried out with intense violence and an apparent desire to inflict serious harm, or acting in an aggressive, cruel, and violent way
2.dangerous and aggressive: aggressive and liable to attack or bite
3.malicious: intended to cause somebody mental anguish or to defame somebody

Stonepony
01-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Do not want to be the spelling police, but seriously!!!!!!!!!! It was misspelled in that thread title, there is no need to perpetuate the error.

vi·cious
[ víshəss ]

1.ferocious and violent: carried out with intense violence and an apparent desire to inflict serious harm, or acting in an aggressive, cruel, and violent way
2.dangerous and aggressive: aggressive and liable to attack or bite
3.malicious: intended to cause somebody mental anguish or to defame somebody

It was an obvious play on the original thread. Lol,wow

HRBAKER
01-17-2014, 03:48 PM
see also, humorless

pclpads
01-17-2014, 03:51 PM
By your reasoning, there were 5 other "idiots" who bid on this lot.

packs
01-17-2014, 04:02 PM
First they came for the idiots and I said nothing
For I was not an idiot

danmckee
01-17-2014, 04:51 PM

That wud be exactly what I wud do if ebay allowed me to know who it was. This post makes you just as much of an idiot!

danmckee
01-17-2014, 04:53 PM
If I am missing something and you know exactly how to contact him, then please clue me in and I will apologize and write him directly!

danmckee
01-17-2014, 04:59 PM
This board is a real PIECE OF WORK! That is why I reside on the FULL COUNT BOARD!

Leon
01-17-2014, 05:00 PM
This board is a real PIECE OF WORK! That is why I reside on the FULL COUNT BOARD!

You act like an idiot and it's everyone else's fault. Maybe you should look in the mirror asshole.

tschock
01-17-2014, 05:03 PM
That wud be exactly what I wud do if ebay allowed me to know who it was. This post makes you just as much of an idiot!

Soooo... you still didn't answer the question. What was the point of the post? Or more appropriately, what was the point of the thread title? If not to show your superiority and/or condescending attitude, then what exactly?

danmckee
01-17-2014, 05:03 PM
You act like an idiot and it's everyone else's fault. Maybe you should look in the mirror asshole.

That may be the nicest thing you have ever said to me Leon, Thank you.

danmckee
01-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Soooo... you still didn't answer the question. What was the point of the post? Or more appropriately, what was the point of the thread title? If not to show your superiority and/or condescending attitude, then what exactly?

Good lord! the point was hopefully by the blanked out name and the feedback rating someone may recognize him and save him!

WOW! come on now, I am trying to save someone from a bad purchase!

WTF

danmckee
01-17-2014, 05:07 PM

superiority of what????

I bought 3 of these fakes a few months ago at a local auction and almost got smoked but thanks to my credit card company, I was saved.

Does that make me superior???

I bought 3 and this guy only bought 1

You fkg people need a life!

danmckee
01-17-2014, 05:08 PM

I act like an idiot trying to save someone?

Amazing

Thanks

tschock
01-17-2014, 05:08 PM
Good lord! the point was hopefully by the blanked out name and the feedback rating someone may recognize him and save him!

WOW! come on now, I am trying to save someone from a bad purchase!

WTF

Horsesh!t! Your point is in the title of the thread. Usually, in most social circles, people don't start off trying to "save" someone by calling them an idiot.

danmckee
01-17-2014, 05:10 PM
Horsesh!t! Your point is in the title of the thread. Usually, in most social circles, people don't start off trying to "save" someone by calling them an idiot.

uh ok, whatever, don't worry, I won't be back here to save anyone

slidekellyslide
01-17-2014, 05:10 PM
superiority of what????

I bought 3 of these fakes a few months ago at a local auction and almost got smoked but thanks to my credit card company, I was saved.

Does that make me superior???

I bought 3 and this guy only bought 1

You fkg people need a life!

So you're calling yourself an idiot too?

tschock
01-17-2014, 05:11 PM

+3 (since he bought 3 of them)

danmckee
01-17-2014, 05:11 PM

Yes exactly, I was 3 times the idiot, actually a little worse as I had a quick chance to see them and had to act fast. So yes, I was far more of an idiot than this guy. No question.

slidekellyslide
01-17-2014, 05:12 PM
How can you tell the one on ebay is fake? And how did you get fooled? Was it an internet auction or did you buy them at auction?

packs
01-17-2014, 05:15 PM
We are all aware of the old trope: it's not what you said it's how you said it. I don't think it's too hard to see how your post was insulting.

danmckee
01-17-2014, 05:16 PM
How can you tell the one on ebay is fake? And how did you get fooled? Was it a live auction or did you buy them at auction?

Yes live in person auction, I got there late (my fault) couldn't review til right before they went up. They looked old, soaked in coffee and had an old piece of cardboard glued to the back, that is what got me. I should have brought the real one I have from B&L auctions that I won and I would have seen that mine was about an inch taller.

These were exact cut outs from the Fritsch reprint set on ebay (I bought 1 to compare) and someone really put some time into them.. When I saw the one on ebay, I knew it was from the same stock as it had the old paper removed from the back. dan

danmckee
01-17-2014, 05:17 PM
We are all aware of the old trope: it's not what you said it's how you said it. I don't think it's too hard to see how your post was insulting.

insulting to the buyer maybe, but how about getting together to save him? He can cuss me later.

joeadcock
01-17-2014, 05:19 PM
This thread went wrong in a hurry.

If taking Dan at his word, he is trying to help the guy. Assume Dan stating the truth.

Since it seems like the way it was stated does not sound like he is trying to help, methinks he may want to simply state in a different way next time.

danmckee
01-17-2014, 05:22 PM
This thread went wrong in a hurry.

If taking Dan at his word, he is trying to help the guy. Assume Dan stating the truth.

Since it seems like the way it was stated does not sound like he is trying to help, methinks he may want to simply state in a different way next time.

I was trying to help the guy, thank you. And calling him an idiot may not have been kosher but damn! This board used to be fun, now I have to walk on egg shells? As I said, I bought 3 of these so yes, I was 3 times the idiot. \

But the thread was meant to save someone but it didn't take long for people to jump on me!

danmckee
01-17-2014, 05:23 PM
Well if anyone can figure out who bought it, please contact him and clue him in for me.

Thanks and Good Night

Dan

nolemmings
01-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Next time just substitute "poor Schlep" for Idiot. That would get my attention, as that is damn near my nickname (although I've been called an idiot too).

joeadcock
01-17-2014, 05:27 PM
......(although I've been called an idiot too).

Count me in.

danmckee
01-17-2014, 05:31 PM
Next time just substitute "poor Schlep" for Idiot. That would get my attention, as that is damn near my nickname (although I've been called an idiot too).

Ha Thanks Todd! Good suggestion!

tschock
01-17-2014, 05:37 PM
Ha Thanks Todd! Good suggestion!

I don't hate you, Dan. For any or no reason. :)

It just really came off as snarky and rubbed me (and a few others) the wrong way. My apologies for how I responded.

thehoodedcoder
01-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Another classic display. Put another tick mark up.

Kevin

Michael B
01-17-2014, 09:13 PM
It was an obvious play on the original thread. Lol,wow

Dave,

I knew that, I was just trying to have some fun as there was a comment that other thread about someone, Barry Sloate maybe, being the grammar police in the past. I don't care for emoticons or IMbreviations so it was lost in translation.