PDA

View Full Version : online dealers

JoeyF1981
01-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Can anyone refer me to any reputable online dealers who buy cards in bulk? I have some I want to sell but want to sell them all together.

Blackie
01-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Joey, I haven't sold to these guys but have bought many cards from them:

Battersbox
Greg Morris sportscards
Mickeys sportscards
Just collect

These guys are top notch in my book. Now you also have Sean on these boards. If you will send him a list im sure he will get back to you.

Hope this is a good starting point for you

Rob

JoeyF1981
01-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Joey, I haven't sold to these guys but have bought many cards from them:

Battersbox
Greg Morris sportscards
Mickeys sportscards
Just collect

These guys are top notch in my book. Now you also have Sean on these boards. If you will send him a list im sure he will get back to you.

Hope this is a good starting point for you

Rob

Thanks alot rob. appreciate the help. Ive heard of a couple of those dealers so maybe ill try them out.

glchen
01-16-2014, 04:30 PM
You may also try consigning them on ebay such as the infamous probstein123, where he will list your cards on ebay starting at 99 cents, and take a cut of the proceeds.

Sean1125
01-16-2014, 05:02 PM
I sent you a message.

I am not familiar with batters box or mickeys.

Just Collect and Greg Morris are both a pleasure to work with.

Blackie
01-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Sean is right...........give him a chance first and let him make you an offer on what you may have. Just check out the sellers I have listed and look over what they purchase and for how much. There are buyers out there but remember that it is typical that they don't always pay as much as you think the card is worth. Percentage is what I have noticed and understand that sometimes you have to move some of your inventory to create more that you would like to have in your collection.

This board is full of the best hobbyists I have ever met or worked with and Net54 is top notch in my book.

Hope this helps Joey and best of luck to you brother.

Rob

drcy
01-16-2014, 05:19 PM
I believe you will generally get more money consigning to a good auction than selling to a dealer. Dealers are in the business of buying as low as possible. Auctioneers get a percentage, but are in the business of getting the highest auction prices possible. Auctioneers want you to make more money, because that means they more money. Many dealers want you to sell for as low as possible, because that's how they make money.

Sean1125
01-16-2014, 05:23 PM
I believe you will generally get more money consigning to a good auction than selling to a dealer. Dealers are in the business of buying low as possible. Auctioneers get a take, but are in the business of getting the highest auction prices possible.

I would respectfully disagree. Some dealers might be in the business of buying as low as possible while others are in the business of buying on set margins. Also with a dealer you get 'cash now' rather than waiting months for payment.

honus94566
01-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Don't sell to a dealer! Unless you don't want to get paid what your cards are worth. I would only consider this option if I really wanted the cash immediately, and didn't have time to wait for payment.

I would probably consign to PWCC or Probstein - they just list your stuff on ebay and sell it, it takes pretty much zero effort on your end, and you get market value for your stuff - less a fee of ~10% or so, which is very reasonable.

quinnsryche
01-16-2014, 05:50 PM
Joe's Vintage Sports Cards is a great dealer to work with in my experience.