PDA

View Full Version : Babe Ruth auto

JoeyF1981
01-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Anybody know of any nice bold Babe Ruth autographs for under $3k? Seems like all the ones ive seen on ebay are very high priced.

Shoeless Moe
01-10-2014, 08:27 PM
3000 is gonna be tough to find a good one anywhere.

I'll sell mine for less than I paid for it if your willing to come up a little.

3800 on here. Shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181206136797?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_1048wt_1358

I just need the dough for something else, its priced low at 4200, compared to some of the much weaker ones priced more than that.

I got a quote from one auction that asked me to consign it said it should go at a conservative estimate of 4000-6500.

So it's a nice deal for 3800. Indeed.

JoeyF1981
01-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Is there any of you that wouldnt buy a ruth auto if you had the money? The reason why I ask is because Ive been reading alot about all the ruth forgeries that have passed through some of the major companies as authentic. Just wanted peoples feedback on their opinion regarding his auto

Westsiders
01-10-2014, 09:56 PM
Anybody know of any nice bold Babe Ruth autographs for under $3k? Seems like all the ones ive seen on ebay are very high priced.

Finding a quality Ruth auto (assuming you're talking about a cut auto for that price range) is a tall task. If you're able to raise your price range just a bit (low $3k's) some do become available...not all that often, but it does happen. Patience is the key.

To put it in poker terms...need to be tight-aggressive. Wait for the good deals...but when they surface, pull the trigger quick, as they won't be around long.

HexsHeroes
01-11-2014, 01:09 PM

. . . I think your $3000 ceiling is workable for a decent flat. It may be a cut, or perhaps signed in pencil, or not the boldest shade of ink. But if you are both patient, and capable of acting quickly when the opportunity presents itself, yes, I think $3000 is plenty. Just remember that a seller's reputation, knowledge, and experience are VERY important considerations when buying one of the most forged autographs in the marketplace. If the price is too good to be true, likely so is the autograph. My suggestion would be to personally contact each one of the top-notch autograph dealers with Old Cardboard, introduce yourself, explain specifically what you are looking for and/or willing to accept, your ceiling price, and ask for them to contact you first, when they obtain a suitable item(s). I personally have dealt with many of these gentlemen over the years and would not hesitate to do as I have suggested if I was in the market for a decent Ruth (or other superstar) autograph.

It was only a couple of months ago when this gem (IMO) was offered by one of the top-notch gentlemen I referred to above (I was really, really tempted, but I foolishly used some emotional constraint - stupid, stupid me - what was I trying to prove to myself):

item 102 http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=178813