PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE: B/S/T SELLER CARDCOLLECTORGURU (Jose Tijero)

jgmp123
01-08-2014, 12:27 PM
Hey Guys,

I recently(12/9) purchased some Walter Payton items for "cardcollectorguru" over in the B/S/T thread and have yet to receive my items. He has already cashed the check (12/9) and has not responded to my many PM's requesting tracking.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=178809
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=181348

I talked to Leon and it looks like he has been banned and the phone # he had on file is disconnected. See the below threads for others who have had issues with him.

Please let me know if you have his personal email address or phone # (that isn't disconnected). Also, as the site continues to grow, continue to be aware and purchase from only those you feel are trustworthy.

Thanks,
James

Big Dave
01-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Maybe he has a ebay account and sells the same photos on it. Worth a search.

daves_resale_shop
01-08-2014, 03:13 PM
Is an employee of the American canyon police dept (ca)

Good luck James.

7nohitter
01-08-2014, 03:32 PM
Same Jose? If so, the plot thickens...

jgmp123
01-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Yeah...and was recently named Officer of the Year...

earlywynnfan
01-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Yeah...and was recently named Officer of the Year...

Well, one call to him at work should get you a reply!!

daves_resale_shop
01-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Leon's got some good SEO working here... you type Jose's name into the google tool bar & this is the 4th thread that pops up...

GrayGhost
01-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Glad someone, Leon and others, has taken the bull by the horns. E'thing about what h e sold was shady from the git go. I wish u the best of luck James.

RichardSimon
01-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Well, one call to him at work should get you a reply!!

+1
Telling him you know he is a cop should really shake up this prick.
Go get 'em James.

slidekellyslide
01-08-2014, 05:18 PM
One call to his chief should get a response.

http://cityofamericancanyon.org/index.aspx?page=69

Mr. Zipper
01-08-2014, 06:22 PM
One call to his chief should get a response.

http://cityofamericancanyon.org/index.aspx?page=69

Or a link to this thread on the department Facebook page. :eek:

slidekellyslide
01-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Or a link to this thread on the department Facebook page. :eek:

Hopefully this can be rectified before it gets embarrassing and possible career ending.

jgmp123
01-08-2014, 06:57 PM
After being tipped off to this being his possible eBay ID: chasman633 (same items he has sold here)...I sent them a message and gave a call to the owner of that id. He explained to me that he knows Jose the same way we do, he purchased a ton of Walter Payton stuff from him on Craigslist and has kept going to him for some items. He then said that Jose had asked him to sell some things for him (Ken Boyer, Bo Jackson, etc.) through eBay.

He said that he would pass the message along to Jose and ask him to reach out to me. The plot thickens.

It actually looks like this guy is a pretty stand-up police officer, so I really hope that this just comes down to him being too busy to send things out on time.

Who knows..I just know i'm out $300.

One more thing, it shows he has been active as of 5pm today...I suppose he still has access to read everything here, so hopefully he will reach out.
jgmp123@yahoo.com

Leon
01-08-2014, 07:04 PM
After being tipped off to this being his possible eBay ID: chasman633 (same items he has sold here)...I sent them a message and gave a call to the owner of that id. He explained to me that he knows Jose the same way we do, he purchased a ton of Walter Payton stuff from him on Craigslist and has kept going to him for some items. He then said that Jose had asked him to sell some things for him (Ken Boyer, Bo Jackson, etc.) through eBay.

He said that he would pass the message along to Jose and ask him to reach out to me. The plot thickens.

It actually looks like this guy is a pretty stand-up police officer, so I really hope that this just comes down to him being too busy to send things out on time.

Who knows..I just know i'm out $300.

One more thing, it shows he has been active as of 5pm today...I suppose he still has access to read everything here, so hopefully he will reach out.
jgmp123@yahoo.com

If he isn't logged in he should still be able to read the board. As I just said on the main board, he emailed me 3-4 hours ago (I was away for a while). He asked why he is banned and I told him that to start with he has a bad phone number on file. If he answers then we can go from there. There is this situation and one other I would like to get rectified too. The email address he used is tijerojose@aol.com

Hopefully this is just another case of really bad communications.....and if this gets fixed and the other issue, I will he as happy as anyone. I hate it that anyone gets scammed on this board. Though it is always possible, through the years our BST has been almost perfect, with only a few issues...and no big, big ones I am aware of.

jgmp123
01-08-2014, 07:10 PM
I wonder if this is the same guy...

Joseph Tijero, was a Top Prospect and top 50th nor cal player coming out of De Anza High School. Highly recruited by several major league teams. Drafted by the Mariners 36th pick overall in 1998 and reportedly signed a hefty contract. Went on to play AA Ball, right out of high school to the pros. Known for his great hitting and fielding. Joseph only lasted two years in pro ball due to breach of contract and other issues.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_did_Joseph_Tijero_play_pro_Baseball#ixzz2 prZt0Eyk

High School is in his neck of the woods...

Duluth Eskimo
01-08-2014, 07:12 PM
jgmp123@yahoo.com

Please do not compare this thief to a "stand up police officer". He is a thief and has been scamming people for some time. To do desacrates the honor of every hard working police officer nationwide.

I am the one that email Leon and said this guy is selling bad stuff and needs to go. I also am the one who put him on blast last month when he was trying to sell those signed 55 All Americans. I hope you get your money back as this guy took money from me too. He is a thief and it was immediately apparent after the Honus Wagner "scrapbook find" and the BS story behind it

jgmp123
01-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Please do not compare this thief to a "stand up police officer". He is a thief and has been scamming people for some time. To do desacrates the honor of every hard working police officer nationwide.

I am the one that email Leon and said this guy is selling bad stuff and needs to go. I also am the one who put him on blast last month when he was trying to sell those signed 55 All Americans. I hope you get your money back as this guy took money from me too. He is a thief and it was immediately apparent after the Honus Wagner "scrapbook find" and the BS story behind it

I didn't even know he was the same guy as the Honus scrapbook find!!

jgmp123
01-08-2014, 07:26 PM
I just received an email back from Jose...Here it is below. I have read in other threads that he is very slow at getting items out, so let's hope that was the situation in my case.

Jason, I would send him an email asking about your items at the one Leon posted above.

James,

Hi i havent sent out your items becauae i have been out of town. Although it says that im online on the forum om not close to my computer, theres nothing to worry about your cards and helmet is at home packed up. My job requires me to travel alot. Your cards will ship out with tracking as soon as i get home this following weekend.

Jose

Sean1125
01-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Don't be so hasty to ruin the person's life who the scammer isn't.

Forever Young
01-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Don't be so hasty to ruin the person's life who the scammer isn't.

Is this a Yodaism?:p

Sean1125
01-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Is this a Yodaism?:p

The scammer went so far as to create an entire fake business. They are very experienced and make a careful effort not to be found.

jgmp123
01-08-2014, 07:39 PM
The scammer went so far as to create an entire fake business. They are very experienced and make a careful effort not to be found.

But gave an address of where to send checks to? One that is registered in his according to MLS?? That doesn't sound very experienced....I believe the guy was selling a ton of stuff and couldn't keep up with the shipments....He was sending things out 2 or 3 weeks after the check cleared. That is why he was banned and that is what I believe happened. We'll find out soon I assume...

Bestdj777
01-08-2014, 07:52 PM
I really hope it works out and you either get your money back or get your items.

MikeKam
01-08-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm new to Net54 and have made deals so far and have been rather stressed (to say the least) about receiving the items. Would just like to thank powderfinger and STLCollector for making my first two purchases ($25 and $400 respectively) quite perfect.

ATP
01-08-2014, 09:11 PM
For those who might think this was all just a big misunderstanding, never ever under estimate a scammers ability to talk themselves out of getting caught and to scam you again. I deal with people who try to do it on an almost weekly basis, they are professionals and a really good one can and will make you feel good about the situation, bad for accusing them even, and often times will extract even more from you.

jgmp123
01-08-2014, 09:17 PM
For those who might think this was all just a big misunderstanding, never ever under estimate a scammers ability to talk themselves out of getting caught and to scam you again. I deal with people who try to do it on an almost weekly basis, they are professionals and a really good one can and will make you feel good about the situation, bad for accusing them even, and often times will extract even more from you.

Jeff,

It's starting to seem like that is the situation here...waiting for this to unfold.

chaddurbin
01-08-2014, 09:25 PM
imo you will get your stuff, it's weird that his phone is disconnected tho

Leon
01-08-2014, 09:44 PM
He gave me his new number this evening and we are supposed to speak tomorrow. We shall see....

ATP
01-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Jim may very well get his stuff. And I hate to sound overly cynical...but scams are usually very deep (the good ones at least), and the MO is not always apparent on the surface. In fact, the really good scams have so many multiple people involved who aren't even who you think or they say they are, that you may not even be getting responses from the person you talked to the last time, even though they come from the same email or number. There are some really deep financial crimes taking place in California, Texas, and other border states right now, varying anywhere from sports cards to car wrap advertising to you name it. They often use multiple pawns or take over identities completely, mixing in legitimate business with the occasional large profit scam when guards are let down.

Forever Young
01-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Jim may very well get his stuff. And I hate to sound overly cynical...but scams are usually very deep (the good ones at least), and the MO is not always apparent on the surface. In fact, the really good scams have so many multiple people involved who aren't even who you think or they say they are, that you may not even be getting responses from the person you talked to the last time, even though they come from the same email or number. There are some really deep financial crimes taking place in California, Texas, and other border states right now, varying anywhere from sports cards to car wrap advertising to you name it. They often use multiple pawns or take over identities completely, mixing in legitimate business with the occasional large profit scam when guards are let down.

Agreed.. Anyone else think it is odd that all of a sudden when this thread is up with police ties...the seller is available right away and has a new number? Idk.. Hope it is all a misunderstanding and you get your items.

GrayGhost
01-08-2014, 10:47 PM
People are missing out on the fact he sells some bogus stuff, or at least suspect. the two Hubbs signed 63 cards jump out like a sore thumb. He had TWO of those rare cards and they didn't look too alike to me either. The Wagner was a joke. :mad:

And to the fella who was stressed on stuff, w the two purchases, u will find Leon runs a great board here where nearly everyone is eager to help/kind honest and fair. This place is a better addiction that gambling/dope or booze;)

D. Bergin
01-08-2014, 11:16 PM
I wonder if this is the same guy...

Joseph Tijero, was a Top Prospect and top 50th nor cal player coming out of De Anza High School. Highly recruited by several major league teams. Drafted by the Mariners 36th pick overall in 1998 and reportedly signed a hefty contract. Went on to play AA Ball, right out of high school to the pros. Known for his great hitting and fielding. Joseph only lasted two years in pro ball due to breach of contract and other issues.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_did_Joseph_Tijero_play_pro_Baseball#ixzz2 prZt0Eyk

High School is in his neck of the woods...

Looks like a fake page. Maybe he's scamming people into thinking he's an ex-pro ballplayer to, by planting web pages. Not the first time it's happened.

Simple search finds no minor league record or draft history for this name.

GrayGhost
01-09-2014, 05:21 AM
TOUCHE David:)

jgmp123
01-09-2014, 05:24 AM
Looks like a fake page. Maybe he's scamming people into thinking he's an ex-pro ballplayer to, by planting web pages. Not the first time it's happened.

+1

mschwade
01-09-2014, 06:25 AM

I find it very funny what people try to get away with stating as fact this day in age with the internet. It's not difficult to look up the 1998 Major League Baseball Draft results and see that not only was Joseph or Jose Tijero not get drafted by the Mariners with the 36th pick of the 1998 Draft, but the Mariners didn't even have the 36th pick!

GrayGhost
01-09-2014, 06:31 AM
google is our friend:)

slidekellyslide
01-09-2014, 06:43 AM
Check out this wikipedia page for Richmond, California...under notable citizens...it says Joseph Tijero played for the Seattle Mariners from 2000-2002.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richmond,_California

Sean1125
01-09-2014, 08:27 AM
Check out this wikipedia page for Richmond, California...under notable citizens...it says Joseph Tijero played for the Seattle Mariners from 2000-2002.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richmond,_California

That is a recent edit.

jgmp123
01-09-2014, 08:54 AM
So over on the Main board someone discovered that he asked and answered his own question on the Wiki page about being a ball player....

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=181348&page=2

bender07
01-09-2014, 08:56 AM
That is a recent edit.

How do you find that out? I was wondering but couldn't find it in the edit history.

slidekellyslide
01-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Someone copied that same exact info from the wiki page onto a Richmond, California website.

http://shelf3d.com/i/Richmond,%20California

Leon
01-09-2014, 11:19 AM
I posted this in the thread on the main page too...but since both have traction want to cut and paste it to here also...

I just spoke with Jose on the phone for several minutes. He is very cordial and answered every question I had. This is a tough one. . He confirms he is a sheriff. He confirms his nickname is Joseph, which is pretty common I think. He says he has never had anything to do with any Pro football tryouts or anything like that. He said James' stuff was shipped out and he did ship it a bit late. He confirmed that because of his job he changes his phone number fairly often. As for Jason's issue, he says Jason said he was going to send the item to JSA, after PSA said it wasn't good,......but Jason hasn't gotten back to him. So that is where we are right now....I dunno....

Bestdj777
01-09-2014, 11:24 AM
People are missing out on the fact he sells some bogus stuff, or at least suspect. the two Hubbs signed 63 cards jump out like a sore thumb. He had TWO of those rare cards and they didn't look too alike to me either. The Wagner was a joke. :mad:

And to the fella who was stressed on stuff, w the two purchases, u will find Leon runs a great board here where nearly everyone is eager to help/kind honest and fair. This place is a better addiction that gambling/dope or booze;)

Agreed, Leon does a great job and I have never had any issues with people.

jgmp123
01-09-2014, 11:27 AM
I posted this in the thread on the main page too...but since both have traction want to cut and paste it to here also...

I just spoke with Jose on the phone for several minutes. He is very cordial and answered every question I had. This is a tough one. . He confirms he is a sheriff. He confirms his nickname is Joseph, which is pretty common I think. He says he has never had anything to do with any Pro football tryouts or anything like that. He said James' stuff was shipped out and he did ship it a bit late. He confirmed that because of his job he changes his phone number fairly often. As for Jason's issue, he says Jason said he was going to send the item to JSA, after PSA said it wasn't good,......but Jason hasn't gotten back to him. So that is where we are right now....I dunno....

Hey Leon,

He sent me an email last night that said:
Hi i havent sent out your items becauae i have been out of town. theres nothing to worry about your cards and helmet is at home packed up. My job requires me to travel alot. Your cards will ship out with tracking as soon as i get home this following weekend.

So did he ship them this morning??

Leon
01-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Hey Leon,

He sent me an email last night that said:
Hi i havent sent out your items becauae i have been out of town. theres nothing to worry about your cards and helmet is at home packed up. My job requires me to travel alot. Your cards will ship out with tracking as soon as i get home this following weekend.

So did he ship them this morning??

He said he did but maybe he was about to do it. I can't say for positive....but he did say they were sent (or being sent, I am sorry)..was it today, I am not for sure....

Michael B
01-09-2014, 12:48 PM
I call 'Bullshit!!!'. Someone has to. That is why they call scams confidence games. I have been friends with state police, local cops, D.A.'s and many other people in the law enforcement field over the years. I always had home phone numbers and home addresses and not once in thirty years did any of them change their phone number. Even the person who worked undercover/drug enforcement for a state attorney general did not change his routine much. Nor did he travel so much that he was never home. This person is a county sheriff and even the largest county in California is not so large that he is never home. Unless he was fugitive task force or involved in some other interdiction this is all a pile of horse excrement. If he was that you can be sure he would have said it by now.

Interestingly, I have never met a Latino named Jose who uses Joseph as a nickname.

bender07
01-09-2014, 01:49 PM
It seems like a lot of effort to keep him active with little payoff

bnorth
01-09-2014, 02:15 PM
It seems like a lot of effort to keep him active with little payoff

+1 I believe in giving people a second chance but this is crazy.

vintagechris
01-09-2014, 02:30 PM
I would be very very hesitant to purchase anything from this person. I like many had an issue. He ended up fixing it, although it took awhile. I'll stick to the things that just seem very fishy to me.
1. The bad Honus Wagner Autograph

2. The multiple Walter Payton autograph listings. He would list say 10 Walter Payton Autographs and sell them to multiple people and then when questioned, would say it's ok, I have multiples of this and everyone will get what they ordered. If you had that many that you wanted to sell, why not list that many to start with?

3. The disconnected phone

4. All the excuses are just way too many

5. All of the "Quick Sale" listings. If you research scammers, they always try to get you to commit as quick as possible.

6. Some of the prices are way too low. Walter Payton mini for $140 when it is easily a $400 to $500 item.

Gil Hodges 1959 Topps Autograph for $160 when that is easily a $300 to $400 item.

1968 Topps Auto Roger Maris for $160 WHen that is easily a $400 tyo $500 item.

Six Autographed Walter Payton cards for $100? Way too cheap. They should sell for at least $50 each. And he sold multiple lots from this listing at that price.

7. The Multiple Ken Hubbs Autographs. I counted three that he had for sale. When he was questioned about those by a board member, je just ignored that question.

8. Find his stuff on ebay and then that person says it isn't him but he is selling stuff for him. May be true but if so, why can't he sell his own stuff?

9. The Jose/Joseph name thing

I made a small purchase from him and I have to say that after that the Honus Wagner thing hit and it all made me uneasy. I even had communication with Leon about my issues with Jose and was keeping him up to date on if there was resolution. WHen I told him everything worked out "ok" I also told Leon I would NOT buy anything else from him. I just started seeing too many warning signs.

Chr..is S4re..ve

GrayGhost
01-09-2014, 02:33 PM
THREE HUBBS? I missed one.

glad he's gone

gregr2
01-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Very well stated by vintagechris!!

vintagechris
01-09-2014, 02:56 PM
THREE HUBBS? I missed one.

glad he's gone

Scott, One of the Hubbs was certified and I can't remember if it was in BST or on ebay. There seems to be a pattern of some of these autographs being authenticated and some not, which just seems fishy to me. Especially someone like Hubbs.

Shoeless Moe
01-09-2014, 03:07 PM
I find it very funny what people try to get away with stating as fact this day in age with the internet. It's not difficult to look up the 1998 Major League Baseball Draft results and see that not only was Joseph or Jose Tijero not get drafted by the Mariners with the 36th pick of the 1998 Draft, but the Mariners didn't even have the 36th pick!

It's too bad, cuz with Cano and Tijero I could have seen the Mariners going all the way this year. Although the boos Tijero would have gotten from collectors every time he stepped to the plate.

Leon
01-09-2014, 03:11 PM
I posted this in the other thread but want to post here too...

I am really up in the air on this situation right now. I know of no one defrauded and he has been on the board 2 yrs. I am not saying it couldn't still happen, after all, in watching the news today it did look like Hell Froze over recently ..
There are 2 currently open issues, I expect them to be resolved as all of the others have been. Most likely, we'll get through these couple of situations and he will be allowed back but not on the BST. I don't need the drama . A few other members are only on the main forums too.

**However, I will add......am I understanding correctly that someone on this board has been defrauded?

earlywynnfan
01-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Can someone please direct me to the Honus Wagner issues?

Ken

SikSyko
01-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Can someone please direct me to the Honus Wagner issues?

Ken

First came this one http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=177449

Then this one http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=177824

earlywynnfan
01-09-2014, 03:27 PM
First came this one http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=177449

Then this one http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=177824

"I Remember Now."

Thanks

sylbry
01-09-2014, 03:27 PM
This one has me scratching my head.

http://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=181215

Four slabbed Paytons for $320 ($80 per card).

or

unslabbed Payton cards for $22 a piece.

Scott Garner
01-09-2014, 03:47 PM
This one has me scratching my head.

http://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=181215

Four slabbed Paytons for $320 ($80 per card).

or

unslabbed Payton cards for $22 a piece.

It's all about the slab... :rolleyes:

jgmp123
01-09-2014, 05:42 PM

I am really up in the air on this situation right now. I know of no one defrauded and he has been on the board 2 yrs. I am not saying it couldn't still happen, after all, in watching the news today it did look like Hell Froze over recently ..
There are 2 currently open issues, I expect them to be resolved as all of the others have been. Most likely, we'll get through these couple of situations and he will be allowed back but not on the BST. I don't need the drama . A few other members are only on the main forums too.

**However, I will add......am I understanding correctly that someone on this board has been defrauded?

I would say that so far I have technically been defrauded since the check was cashed almost a month ago and still no items. If they show, then I will let you know. Until then, I don't think he deserves to be back. I have been here for I think close to 3 years and have bought and sold tons of items through the BST and never has a problem until now.

mschwade
01-09-2014, 05:49 PM
If you had that many that you wanted to sell, why not list that many to start with?

More times than not, you'll get more money if they think there's only one available.

Duluth Eskimo
01-09-2014, 07:40 PM

*******FOR THE RECORD*******I AM DEFRAUDED $350*******

Leon,
I am not a computer expert, but you must be. Please go in to my private messages and you should be able to see the MULTIPLE times I asked him, "What about the $350 you owe me?" I did not tell him I was going to resend the signed 1955 All American I bought from him to PSA, but I did tell him that it didn't look right to me and JSA failed it as well.

What I did tell him was, if he wanted to choose to send it to PSA with the other three signed RARE 1955 All American's that he was attempting to sell that I would buy all four from him if they passed. I am so sure that not even PSA would pass any of these four that I offered to pay him FULL PRICE and pay for this PSA fees if they did pass. HOW MUCH MORE CAN I OFFER TO HIM??? I cannot send him back an item without an address or ANY communication from him. Why would I if he wont even answer me. The last answer from him is like December 15th.

EVERY STORY THIS GUY COMES UP WITH IS BS and I think I am going to call his work and discuss this if it does not get resolved. Before the multiple Ken Hubbs, the Honus Wagner, and the rare 1955 All American's, I was going to just chalk this up to a bad purchase, but if he wants to push back with more BS it's not going to end well.

Duluth Eskimo
01-09-2014, 07:50 PM
I just sent Leon a copy of my original Paypal receipt for the $350 signed All American he owes me money for that is not responding to.

chaddurbin
01-09-2014, 07:53 PM
so he does have a pp account? when i asked for a refund via pp he told me he didn't have one and can only send out an mo.

Duluth Eskimo
01-09-2014, 08:08 PM
He did when I paid him. This transaction is old so I think I am out of luck. Who get's their Paypal account shut down?????? Hum, people who are not doing the right thing.

MikeKam
01-09-2014, 08:27 PM
He did when I paid him. This transaction is old so I think I am out of luck. Who get's their Paypal account shut down?????? Hum, people who are not doing the right thing.

I was considering buying the lot of 6 Paytons from him, but I've never sent a money order/cheque so I decided to pass. If he had PayPal I'm 100% sure that I would have ended up purchasing it (and possibly getting scammed in the process).

http://i40.tinypic.com/fyfud3.png

Leon
01-09-2014, 09:49 PM
*******FOR THE RECORD*******I AM DEFRAUDED $350*******

Leon,
I am not a computer expert, but you must be. Please go in to my private messages and you should be able to see the MULTIPLE times I asked him, "What about the $350 you owe me?" I did not tell him I was going to resend the signed 1955 All American I bought from him to PSA, but I did tell him that it didn't look right to me and JSA failed it as well.

What I did tell him was, if he wanted to choose to send it to PSA with the other three signed RARE 1955 All American's that he was attempting to sell that I would buy all four from him if they passed. I am so sure that not even PSA would pass any of these four that I offered to pay him FULL PRICE and pay for this PSA fees if they did pass. HOW MUCH MORE CAN I OFFER TO HIM??? I cannot send him back an item without an address or ANY communication from him. Why would I if he wont even answer me. The last answer from him is like December 15th.

EVERY STORY THIS GUY COMES UP WITH IS BS and I think I am going to call his work and discuss this if it does not get resolved. Before the multiple Ken Hubbs, the Honus Wagner, and the rare 1955 All American's, I was going to just chalk this up to a bad purchase, but if he wants to push back with more BS it's not going to end well.

Got it Jason.....he is not on the forum, and won't be until he proves something other than what you have shown...He has not been let back since he was booted.......not sure what else I can do.

ddog5
01-11-2014, 09:45 PM
I was interested in some of the payton cards awhile back but when I requested to do through paypal he said didn't have it, but reassured me by saying a few other members purchased items without any issue. I luckily stayed clear from doing any business with the individual.

canjond
01-13-2014, 09:15 PM
I posted this before, but I did purchase an item from Joseph (the Clemente booklet below) and although it may have taken a little while to come (I remember it being about 2 weeks), it did arrive as promised. In addition, although I have not sent it in for authentication, I did show it to a few people before purchasing and got the "looks good". So, not sure what to make of the whole situation.

jgmp123
01-14-2014, 06:52 AM
I still have not received my Payton items and sent an email to Jose yesterday requesting tracking with no response.

baseball tourist
01-14-2014, 09:33 AM
I posted this before, but I did purchase an item from Joseph (the Clemente booklet below) and although it may have taken a little while to come (I remember it being about 2 weeks), it did arrive as promised. In addition, although I have not sent it in for authentication, I did show it to a few people before purchasing and got the "looks good". So, not sure what to make of the whole situation.

Just a thought, but how can the booklet have been signed by Clemente when it indicates his death date?

bat_master
01-14-2014, 10:09 AM
Just a thought, but how can the booklet have been signed by Clemente when it indicates his death date?

If I remember right the signature is actually on a card or photo and is glued (I think?) inside the booklet.

ATP
01-14-2014, 10:10 AM
The Clemente looks to be a deckle edge card from the 1960's that the top was cut off and affixed to the booklet.

baseball tourist
01-14-2014, 01:37 PM
The Clemente looks to be a deckle edge card from the 1960's that the top was cut off and affixed to the booklet.

Ahh! I see. Thanks!

canjond
01-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Yup - it's a deckle edge that has been trimmed down and glued into the booklet.

jgmp123
01-16-2014, 09:28 PM
A month and 11 days....still no items from Jose...Sent another email. I'll give it until the end of the week before I call the police.

slidekellyslide
01-17-2014, 12:40 PM
A month and 11 days....still no items from Jose...Sent another email. I'll give it until the end of the week before I call the police.

Your police or his boss?

jgmp123
01-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Probably his boss. I obviously want to make sure it's the correct person.

Leon
01-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Probably his boss. I obviously want to make sure it's the correct person.

He told me he was a sheriff but I am not sure what we can believe. I am sorry this is happening. But quite honestly, no amount of board security will prevent a seller gone bad. He's not really ONLY a scammer.....kind of like a good guy gone bad. By the reactions on the board he really has (maybe until now) never defrauded anyone. It's always been very slow shipping and poor communication.

t206trader
01-17-2014, 01:05 PM
The Jose Tijero we identified only is only a Sheriff's Deputy. I think he lied about his identity too.

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
01-20-2014, 07:10 AM
The Jose Tijero we identified only is only a Sheriff's Deputy. I think he lied about his identity too.

It is common in my area for deputies to refer to themselves as Sheriffs.

chaddurbin
01-28-2014, 10:16 AM
any update james?

jgmp123
01-28-2014, 10:52 AM
No updates. Just an email last week that said my items would go out…but of course they didn't. I sent another email Sunday night and Jose simply responded with "your will receive your items"…I have looked into my other options of finding resolution in this matter.

earlywynnfan
01-28-2014, 11:28 AM
You appear to be far more patient than I am.

CW
01-28-2014, 11:39 AM
Just curious, but has anyone called the police station that he supposedly works for and verified if this is the same Jose Tijero? If so, seems like this would make it an open and shut case. I know this has already been mentioned, but I keep expecting to see someone post about actually calling the police station at which he is supposedly employed.

keithsky
01-28-2014, 03:33 PM
Jim, I know it's easy for me to say since it doesn't involve me but I would contact some authorities or an attorney or someone to help you out with this guy.This guy is dragging this thing out with you and he knows you keep giving him more time and I have dealt with guys like that where they think they'll wear you down to where you just give up and say you'll take your losses and that is what he hopes you do. At this point he has no intention of sending you your items as you can tell by how long it has taken. Just my opinion and like I said easy for me to say since it is not my problem. Good luck to you and hope you come out on the winning side of this.

Maddog
01-28-2014, 09:19 PM
Jim, I had a similar issue some time ago and had an attorney friend of mine send a demand letter out. Sure enough, matter was resolved within a week with him asking me why did I have to get an attorney involved:D
I would take Keith's advice here.

Duluth Eskimo
01-28-2014, 09:36 PM
The problem with that last statement is, "attorney friend of mine". If no attorney friend, that equals $300 per hour. "If you are only out $300, that does not really work. If he in fact works at that department, calling Internal Affairs might be a much cheaper alternative. I have not made that call as I have been too busy during the day recently, but seems like the next route. Very disappointing.

wcsportscards
01-28-2014, 10:14 PM
If I were you, I would call the American Canyon Police Department and ask to speak to the Chief, Tracey Stuart. Tell her your story and that someone has been using one of her Deputies names while conducting business on here. If this Tijero guy is really a Deputy, she will get to the bottom of it.

AMERICAN CANYON POLICE DEPARTMENT

911 Donaldson Way East
American Canyon, CA 94503
(707) 551-0600 Office
(707) 648-0171 Dispatch
(707) 644-8641 Fax
Email: amcanpd@cityofamericancanyon.org

Leon
01-29-2014, 09:38 AM
If I were you, I would call the American Canyon Police Department and ask to speak to the Chief, Tracey Stuart. Tell her your story and that someone has been using one of her Deputies names while conducting business on here. If this Tijero guy is really a Deputy, she will get to the bottom of it.

AMERICAN CANYON POLICE DEPARTMENT

911 Donaldson Way East
American Canyon, CA 94503
(707) 551-0600 Office
(707) 648-0171 Dispatch
(707) 644-8641 Fax
Email: amcanpd@cityofamericancanyon.org

+1

7nohitter
01-29-2014, 05:03 PM
well????

slidekellyslide
01-29-2014, 07:34 PM
Maybe it's time to post this thread to their facebook website?

https://www.facebook.com/American.Canyon.Police.Department?rf=1594821007501 84

jgmp123
02-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Update:
Hello all,

I finally was able to get Jose to mail out my items and he provided me with tracking. The only problem now is that the item shows delivered to my town, but not to my home. I was expecting 2 packages today and one was delivered with my normal mail at 1:30pm, but the package from Jose shows it was scanned as "delivered" at 9:30am....

I am beginning to think I am going crazy. I called the post office and alerted them to the issue, gave them the tracking #, and was told the driver would check his route and return a call to me tomorrow.

I assume someone at the post office scanned it in and took the items, but who knows. This is the first issue I have had with this particular post office, after having 100's of items delivered.

I confirmed the address was correct and Jose said it was, but who knows.

My two questions:
1.) It was shipped "First Class" and I don't believe that includes insurance, so is there anything I can do? Especially with the discrepancy in the delivery times?

2.) By me giving them the tracking #, Are they able to see what address the package was designated to? Let's say it was sent to "907 Street Address" instead of "970 Street Address" ?

Cfern023
02-12-2014, 07:46 PM
I hate to say this, but he may have "Boned" you. Ask the mail carrier which one of his blocks would have been completed aroudn 9:30. He may have put a different address with nothing in it and hoped no one will claim it. Ask them to check for that.

If the Zip codes match, paypal doesn't care. Call them and call their attention to both tracking numbers to confirm when your mail was delivered and when his "Package" supposedly was delivered.

jgmp123
02-12-2014, 07:52 PM
I called the post office and gave them the tracking info. I live in a small town and the mail guy confirmed to her that he delivered a package to my house at 1:30, but not at 9:30...so that is the issue. Are you saying that he shipped an empty box to a different address?

Mr. Zipper
02-12-2014, 08:21 PM
so that is the issue. Are you saying that he shipped an empty box to a different address?

I believe that what he is saying.

Since delivery confirmation only shows delivery date and a zip code (not street address), that would be a shady way to try to get around PayPal buyer protection.

drmondobueno
02-12-2014, 08:28 PM
and quit screwing with this guy. You could also talk with the USPS Postal Inspectors... And good luck with this.

Keith

jgmp123
02-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Hello Keith,

This goes back to early December. Nobody is "screwing" with this guy. Also, check was mailed, Paypal not involved.

Cfern023
02-12-2014, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I was saying he shipped it elsewhere. The box probably had no name and only an address on it to get someone tk open it and claim as their own.

ddog5
02-12-2014, 10:58 PM
The tracking isn't always correct. I have had packages shown delivered and either showed up later that day or the following day.

7nohitter
02-13-2014, 05:45 AM
James,

The way I interpret Keith's post is that "screwing with" Jose is a waste of time...just go above his head...

jgmp123
02-13-2014, 07:10 AM
James,

The way I interpret Keith's post is that "screwing with" Jose is a waste of time...just go above his head...

It's not that easy. The guy isn't even with that same department. The below info was from October.

They replace Officer Mark Warrington and Officer Jose Tijero who have been assigned to specialty assignments at the Sheriff's Office.

earlywynnfan
02-25-2014, 01:49 PM
So???

Runscott
02-25-2014, 04:01 PM
FYI - any time you feel you have been screwed, call the police department in the town where the culprit lives. My experience has been that the police ALWAYS check on it, and you always then get your item. I have done this twice, and the results were: 1) got a refund 2) got the item. Why some people jack around so long when they actually have the item, is beyond me, but...

CALL THE POLICE. Before I did this the first time, I was told that the police simply don't want their town associated with scammers, and it's easy enough for them to ferret out the ferret.

dapro
02-25-2014, 08:09 PM
What address did you mail the check to?

Leon
02-26-2014, 11:44 AM
I can't believe it would be that hard to track down a Sheriff. Jose certainly has some issues and I almost guarantee if someone gets to the person in charge of him or his precinct, they will help. The next letter could be to the mayor of the city he is in and/or the newspaper. These kinds of stories are of public interest sometimes.

Big Dave
02-26-2014, 03:17 PM
I seriously doubt it is a cop to begin with.

baseball tourist
02-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Not sure why there is hesitation? Heck, I would email/call/Facebook his wife/mother/rabbi if I thought it would get his attention and have him conclude our transaction.

jgmp123
02-26-2014, 06:55 PM
I have yet to receive my items from Jose and have learned that he is no longer employed with the police department. I placed a call to them and they simply gave me a "we'll look into it", but he is no longer employed here.
He did send something, but it never made it to me and seemed to be labeled wrong and is now sitting at a post office in Oakland (getting weirder and weirder).
USPS: 9114901159815812247792

According to the documents below that coincide with the address that I sent the check to, it looks like Jose filed for bankruptcy back in October...
<a href="https://www.canb.uscourts.gov/files/11-13.Uncontested.pdf" target="_blank">https://www.canb.uscourts.gov/files/...ncontested.pdf</a>

I have been reluctant to post in the forum because the police station is no help and the post office is even less help.

Just wanted to update you on the situation. If there is anyone in the post office available to help, please let me know.
James

keithsky
02-26-2014, 06:57 PM
I agree with you Chris. According to the original post 2 months ago he said he paid on Dec 12th. That is almost 3 months ago. To me 3 weeks would be long enough. I hope Jim gets it resolved

djson1
02-27-2014, 10:13 AM
He did send something, but it never made it to me and seemed to be labeled wrong and is now sitting at a post office in Oakland (getting weirder and weirder).
USPS: 9114901159815812247792

It looks like whatever that package is/was, it was sent to IN and is now being re-routed to you (I'm assuming in the east bay area)? I wonder if it just took this long to get to you since it was sent to the wrong address but still may get there.

jgmp123
02-27-2014, 10:51 AM
It looks like whatever that package is/was, it was sent to IN and is now being re-routed to you (I'm assuming in the east bay area)? I wonder if it just took this long to get to you since it was sent to the wrong address but still may get there.

Hello Jason,

I am in Indiana. It was sent from "Jose" in California to me in Indiana, but it never made it to my house. It showed as "delivered" at the post office, but was never delivered to my house. I contacted the post office and was told they would research it, but then it showed as "return to sender"...so I assume it was sent back to "Jose", but has been sitting in Oakland since the 22nd.

JimStinson
02-27-2014, 01:18 PM
I was able to find a photo of this individual Hope this helps, so at least NOW we know what he looks like and was lucky enough to get one of him actually holding the cards as evidence , we'll call this "exhibit A"

Vintage Autographs for Sale Daily
stinsonsports.com

ddog5
05-27-2014, 09:49 PM
What ended up happening with all of this? It looks like he has posted them for sale on craigslist now.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/clt/4487892775.html

jgmp123
05-28-2014, 09:09 AM
package never received. Post office scanned it as delivered, then changed that status. It has been sitting in a postage center in Oakland since February 22nd. My local post office has attempted to contact the post office in Oakland to inquire about the item and have it re-sent, but they have been unsuccessful. They had me fill out a "Mail Recovery Form". I have chalked it up as a lost cause, but will be sure to reach out to this poster on Craigslist and see what I can discover there.

If anyone has any pull at the PO and can help, it would be appreciated.
USPS Tracking: 9114901159815812247792

USPS Response:
James,
Your Mail Recovery form has been received by the MRC search team and they will contact you via email with any updates. This is not a fast process but usually if you are going to hear anything it would be between 6 weeks and 3 months.

Angela D Hunsucker, SCS
Greenwood Post Office
407 W Smith Valley Rd
Greenwood, In 46142

redalpha7
05-28-2014, 01:05 PM
James

There a couple of another options ( assuming the cards are in the package)

1) Have you tried calling the Oakland Postmaster directly ?

2) I have had some success filling out a online customer request on USPS

3) You could file a request for help with the US Postal Commission

4) It is an election year, you could try a quick note to your US Rep asking for help with USPS

T

earlywynnfan
05-28-2014, 01:57 PM
So which is it: There is a box of old newspapers sitting in the Oakland Post Office, or the Paytons are in there and this craigslist person is selling cards he doesn't have?

LEIDEMEG
06-04-2014, 08:45 AM
Selling on eBay himself or thru a buddy under the is us_caine. It's all the same cards he used to peddle on the bst (hoak, Payton, bob moose..etc$

daves_resale_shop
06-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Yes, and note not a single feedback from the sale of a product (all purchases)

jgmp123
06-08-2014, 11:03 AM
I will update everyone that after reaching out multiple times to the craigslist posting that it looks like Jose is posting to, I received a package in the mail yesterday that included 6 signed Water Payton cards, a signed Jerry Rice card, a signed Deion Sanders card, and a signed Bo Jackson card.

This is not what I originally agreed to purchase from him, but at least he sent something. I wanted to make sure I updated you guys on the situation. I will post a photo later.

jgmp123
06-08-2014, 12:29 PM
Here's a photo of the cards sent...

khw
06-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Here's a photo of the cards sent...

SO even if they are all bad it is better than getting nothing?

jgmp123
06-08-2014, 07:46 PM
SO even if they are all bad it is better than getting nothing?

Are you saying they are all bad? Here's a close up.

khw
06-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Are you saying they are all bad? Here's a close up.

all bad partner , i have the files he tried to sell me the same guys last week if anybody wants the scans, they are popping up on ebay now. always the same guys , the paytons were for sale at 25.00 each , they are good fakes , always has a few bo jacksons , kirby puckett , then sprinkle in a ken boyer , bob moose, mike miley , and you have to have a 1963 ken hubbs , last batch all were certed by sgc and maybe 2 jsa , psa/dna knows about him and wont cert them anymore , i think it has been pretty well established he sells fake autographs of the same guys over and over but he did have a fake jordan and campy not certed this time

khw
06-08-2014, 08:26 PM
1968 topps ray oyler signed/sgc
1955 topps don hoak signed/sgc
1961 topps al cocotte signed/sgc
1961 fleer joe medwick signed/sgc
1975-2 topps bob moose signed/sgc
1970 topps bob moose signed/sgc
1969 topps bob moose signed/sgc
1974 -2 topps don wilson signed/sgc
1974 topps bob moose signed jsa loa
1976 topps mike miley signed jsa loa

sgc and jsa duped

uncerted all bad

2 1968 topps ken boyer signed
1963 topps ken hubbs signed
1968 topps curt flood signed
4 walter payton signed topps cards from show signing
1948 exhibit roy campanella signed
5 1987 topps bo jackson signed
1993 skybox jordan signed
1959 topps jim gilliam signed

khw
06-08-2014, 08:29 PM
not sure how to get a image to upload from my hardrive i still have all of them

khw
06-08-2014, 08:34 PM
http://www.ebay.com/sch/us_caine/m.html?_ipg=50&amp%3B_sop=10&amp%3BLH_Complete=1&amp%3BLH_Sold=1&amp%3Brt=nc&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

all of it being parted out on ebay now with the list i posted you can keep score with whats coming up

jgmp123
06-08-2014, 08:34 PM
not sure how to get a image to upload from my hardrive i still have all of them

Yeah. His pitch is the "Walter Payton card show" his father did a while back and he has tons of inventory. I assumed the deal as lost, but when he actually sent something, I wanted to make sure to post. Just more evidence in this long and winding case.

Duluth Eskimo
06-09-2014, 10:16 PM
The fact that he sent something to you might have something to do with me contacting his department and sending his supervisor a long two page email regarding his exploits. I explained if I (and James) do not get a resolution I would be forwarding my complaint to his Sheriff, the California Attorney General's office, and the US Attorney's office in their district. I have not heard back from his supervisor so I will forward my complaint on. By him actually sending something, I assume he knows of my complaint.

Just for correct info, Jose is a deputy sheriff who works for Napa County Sheriff's Office outside of San Francisco California.

James and Kirk, please do me a favor and keep your mailings, photos, and correspondence with this thief in case someone will actually deal with the situation. Jason

Stanesq
08-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Jose tried to sell me 6 diff 75 Topps Moose as well as a 71T Gil Hodges. All bad.

If anyone is interested in pursuing this guy please let me know. As some may know I am a NJ
Attorney and former prosecutor. In the 80s and 90s I used to write for several magazines
And consulted on several Krause Annuals.
It's time to stop these forgers.

Stanesq
08-04-2014, 12:59 PM
Anyone who has been defrauded should contact
http://cms.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/Divisions/InternalAffairs.aspx

http://cms.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/Divisions/InternalAffairs/CitizenComplaintProcedure.aspx

You can post responsive comments to this guys actions here:

http://napavalleyregister.com/eagle/news/tijero-named-officer-of-the-year/article_2e3c862e-7677-11e2-add3-001a4bcf887a.html

Stanesq
08-04-2014, 01:01 PM
If anyone wants to file a lawsuit, I would suggest you do it through small claims against Mr. Tijero and against the San Bernadino County Sheriff's dept. He has represented to several people that he is a San BErnadino Sheriff (which he is) and thus they should be made a party. Obviously they have no liability but I can assure you that if they are named they will pay attention to this guys actions.

ibuysportsephemera
08-04-2014, 01:17 PM
If anyone wants to file a lawsuit, I would suggest you do it through small claims against Mr. Tijero and against the San Bernadino County Sheriff's dept. He has represented to several people that he is a San BErnadino Sheriff (which he is) and thus they should be made a party. Obviously they have no liability but I can assure you that if they are named they will pay attention to this guys actions.

Per the rules of this forum, if you will be commenting on actual people, you need to put in your real name.

Jeff G@rf!nke!

Duluth Eskimo
08-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Jose tried to sell me 6 diff 75 Topps Moose as well as a 71T Gil Hodges. All bad.

If anyone is interested in pursuing this guy please let me know. As some may know I am a NJ
Attorney and former prosecutor. In the 80s and 90s I used to write for several magazines
And consulted on several Krause Annuals.
It's time to stop these forgers.

I have spoke with some others and used there info along with mine when I reached out to San Bernadino SO. I was told there was not an Internal Affairs unit and I was referred to his direct supervisor. I sent the supervisor a long email regarding some of what has occurred and invited him to search himself. I also gave him a timeline to get back to me before I reached out to the Sheriff of San Bernardino along with the State State Attorney office as well as the US Attorney in the San Francisco area. That time came and went, but I have been so busy I have been unable to follow up in the last few weeks. It does need to stop so I am on board with any legal action. Jason

sporhero
05-24-2016, 08:56 AM
I wanted to make everyone aware that Jose Tijero has resurfaced on eBay under the username "us_caine," though I did not know of his illustrious reputation until I came upon this (and other) threads on the board after the fact.

I purchased a raw 1964 Topps Tony Conigliaro autographed card from him last month, and promptly sent it to PSA. PSA deemed the autograph to be of "questionable authenticity." Jose was very combative and uncooperative throughout the return/resolution process, and I ended up having to get a refund from eBay directly (as the eCheck refund he issued was declined from his bank).

Jose recently sold many scarce raw autographed gum cards from this account, including a Tim Horton and a Hank Thompson, so if you happened to be the buyer of one of these cards, you might want to send it out for authentication/take a second look at it.

egri
08-06-2016, 05:35 PM
Just wanted to post that us_caine is still at it; he posted a forged Howie Fox earlier today.

LEIDEMEG
08-09-2016, 09:45 PM
He continues to get some rare names past the big authenticators.

1952boyntoncollector
08-09-2016, 09:49 PM
He continues to get some rare names past the big authenticators.

If he says he got the signed cards from somebodies collection that died, how do you prove he knew they are fakes..

LEIDEMEG
08-09-2016, 09:51 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/282123547986

1952boyntoncollector
08-09-2016, 09:56 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/282123547986

100% positive feedback

LEIDEMEG
08-09-2016, 10:05 PM
He's been doing it for years. Some are from his collection, the next month it's acquired from a large purchase. All the rare, hard to find names.. Howie Fox, Murray Wall, the list goes on and on and on.He follows current completed sales then forges the signatures. He will still get anything from 20% to 60% of value of the real ones. Now he changed his location to San Francisco. I just wish someone had the pull with eBay to stop it. I emailed eBay but nothing happens

Duluth Eskimo
08-10-2016, 07:24 AM
He says he is not Jose, but admitted he used to sell items for Jose. Don't know if it is him or not, but I find it interested that some of the crap is getting by SGC. Come on man. I know they sneak it in larger groups of stuff that is probably authentic, but all of the bad stuff just doesn't look right immediately. I have to admit he /they have gotten better on their forgeries. I complimented him, he did not like that. We exchanged a couple of emails.

7nohitter
08-10-2016, 04:56 PM
This is the same guy who is a cop?