PDA

View Full Version : Photos of my bedroom as a kid

whiteymet
01-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Hi All:

Found some OLD photos of my bedroom from when I was a kid. Probably from about 1963 or 1964.

You can see my set of Hartland statues, lots of Phillies stuff, Post Cereal, 50's and 60's Topps, Jay photos, pennants, HOF postcards, Exhibit cards, Salada coins, Red Man's..... funny all the stuff I still like to collect!

Anyone else have old photos of their room when they were a kid??

Fred

ALR-bishop
01-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Great photos

David W
01-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Very cool.

I don't have photos but do still have lots of the cards/posters/pennants that were taped/tacked to my walls.

Do you still have any of the items pictured?

Stonepony
01-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Awsome pics!! My walls were covered with thumb tacked 70-72 baseball / football. Can still see the posters.. Mantle, clemente, Maravich, Rose. Also lots topps Supers pinned up. Thanks for sharing!!

Samsdaddy
01-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Very cool Fred. I do not have any pictures to share but only had a few things up on the walls such as some pennants.

I will also ask, do you still have any of these items?

Rickyy
01-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Great pictures Fred. I like how its organized and displayed neatly!

Ricky Y

whiteymet
01-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Very cool Fred. I do not have any pictures to share but only had a few things up on the walls such as some pennants.

I will also ask, do you still have any of these items?

Hi Erik:

I have quite a lot of what you see, however, I don't think I have any of the exact items in the photos. Just replaced most of it through the years.

For instance, I have all the Hartlands now with all the boxes and tags (which of course I threw away as a kid), but none of my current Hartlands are the ones in the photo.

Fred

Samsdaddy
01-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Hi Erik:

I have quite a lot of what you see, however, I don't think I have any of the exact items in the photos. Just replaced most of it through the years.

For instance, I have all the Hartlands now with all the boxes and tags (which of course I threw away as a kid), but none of my current Hartlands are the ones in the photo.

Fred

Good deal Fred!

Like you, most of the cards and stuff I had as a kid I replaced through the years.

The only thing I still have from my childhood that was up on my bedroom wall (in the mid to late 1970's) is a Chicago Blackhawks pennant dated 1970.

the 'stache
01-04-2014, 03:02 AM
Very cool, Fred.

I might have a few stashed away in a photo album somewhere. I'll have to look.

I didn't have nearly the kind of spread you did, but I kept a series of the hand drawn Milwaukee Brewer posters done by George Pollard on my walls. They were beautiful. Here's the official 1981 poster:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1454/q6wd.png

I kept those, and a bulletin board with a lot of Packer/Brewer/Bucks cards. Back then the Bucks and Brewers were good, and the Packers stunk. Now it's the other way around.

:D

MBMiller25
01-04-2014, 06:10 AM
That's a lot of fun to see. I had GI Joe toy in my room. :)

Volod
01-04-2014, 07:17 AM
You had some nifty parents, Fred - I assume they must have taken the photos and thought the display was as attractive as you did. Had I gone anywhere near my walls with a pointed object, it would have wound up in some part of my anatomy.

whiteymet
01-04-2014, 11:04 AM
You had some nifty parents, Fred - I assume they must have taken the photos and thought the display was as attractive as you did. Had I gone anywhere near my walls with a pointed object, it would have wound up in some part of my anatomy.

Hi Steve:

Actually my Dad put up two LARGE bulletin boards for me. What you see are on those boards. He even made the shelf for my Hartlands.

As you can see in the photo the foot of my bed was under them. When it first was put up, the head of my bed was under the Hartland shelf, but after getting up out of bed a few times and hitting my head on the shelf and knocking over some Hartlands that soon changed!!

Fred

jmoran19
01-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Very cool, I think I can make out topps, post and red man cards from 1955 thru 1963 plus a lone 1961 fleer basketball card in the middle of all of it, Paul Arizin? Thanks for sharing

tulsaboy
01-04-2014, 05:14 PM
My dad had one of those baseball holders visible in your photo that sits on a green plastic diamond. His held a Warren Spahn signed ball. What was in yours?

Mark70Z
01-06-2014, 04:57 PM
WOW...Very cool room. I LOVE the O's PENNANT!!

horzverti
01-06-2014, 08:48 PM
Great room. Thanks for sharing. I love this kind of stuff!

Zach Wheat
01-10-2014, 11:45 PM
Fred,

Cool photos and display. What is the story on the ball on your dresser?

Z Wheat

CobbSpikedMe
01-11-2014, 06:48 AM
Fred,

Very cool photos. Thanks for sharing them with us.

AndyH

whiteymet
01-11-2014, 10:06 AM
Fred,

Cool photos and display. What is the story on the ball on your dresser?

Z Wheat

Hi Zach Wheat and Tulsa Boy!

Thanks for asking about the ball on the dresser. I STILL have it in the same holder.

It is an autogrpahed Ted Williams ball. See photo below. Sorry for the flash!

I was 12 in 1962 and lived in Southern New Jersey. A town named Bridgeton was the home for the Babe Ruth World Series. See links below. Ted was there. He was working for Sears at the time.

Anyway he was sitting up in the stands about 12 rows up, signing balls and throwing them down to us kids standing behind the home plate screen. I was lucky enough to catch one.

Kept it all these years. Of course in those days the thinking was to protect the signature by spraying shellac on it. So my Dad did!! Signature is still legible.

FYI for those who care about this type of thing, it is a Interscholastic League Ball made by J. C. Higgins which of course was the Sears stuff Ted endorsed.

http://www.nj.com/cumberland/index.ssf/2013/11/bridgeton_making_plans_for_smithsonian_institution s_hometown_teams_visiting_exhibit.html

http://www.capitalcentury.com/1962.html

Samsdaddy
01-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Very cool Fred. Neat you saved the ball after all these years.

leftygrove10
01-11-2014, 12:28 PM
Very cool! Thanks for sharing!