PDA

View Full Version : My recent Rich's Ramblings

Rich Klein
01-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Normally, I don't like to respond to others pointing out my mistakes (and lord knows I've made plenty of them) but there was something in the Recent Hauls of Shame comment which did stick in my craw. My editor and myself went back and forth a few times before we agreed to run this column. I have never met Mr. Nash and have no personal animus to him but I will publicly say

1) In this situation, I'm proud to be a "milquetoast".

2) If you wish to be featured in my occassional features about hobby personalities, please let me know and I'll get you some email questions to respond.

And my "resolution" for 2014 is to try to keep the hobby positive, we don't do anyone good when we focus on nothing but the negatives.

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/rich-kleins-ramblings-yeah-ill-respond-sigh-rookie-card-labels/

Regards
Rich

toppcat
01-02-2014, 04:22 PM
That was a great read-Rich.

I actually own a copy of the Engagement Book, I need to dig it out. And I agree totally about WCBS-great station back in the day, along with WNEW and a little more locally to Long Island, WLIR.

Yes, let's leave all the negativity to the outside world and try to keep things positive in our little hobby for 2014.

Happy New Year!