PDA

View Full Version : The Net54 Year in Review 2013

frankbmd
01-01-2014, 12:24 PM
My Top Ten List that follows is not necessarily in a specific order, nor should it be. Feel free to suggest additions or deletions. It's fair to say there is a preponderance of dialogue seems directed to the hobby's problems. The list is obtained primarily from reviewing the most viewed threads in 2013. I have omitted the Pick Up Threads and that crazy Monster Number Thread, which by my selection criteria merit inclusion. Feel free to add to the list or express your criticism or anger. If there is something I have missed, I reserve the right to edit the list. In that event, feel free to suggest which of the ten you would remove as well.

2013 The Year In Review

Top Tens Topics on the Main Board in 2013

10. Card Doctors - Panky and The Gang

9. The Nun’s Wagner - Road Trip to Nashville

8. Peter Nash - Singing a Different Tune

7. Mastro - Fall from Fame

6. Can U Scan Without Can O Scan - I can't

5. Forgeries - Autos not necessarily from Detroit

4. TPGs - Why, Which One & Whatever

3. Ebay - Fees, Frustration & Feedback

2. Shill Bidding - Here, There and Everywhere

1. Adrian

Tim Kindler
01-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Is Adrian the lotion guy? It had been a long time since I laughed so hard that I had tears in my eyes over that guy. The things you guys can do to input stuff in pictures is amazing and entertaining!:p. I actually thought about dressing up like "the lotion guy" and walking into the net 54 dinner!

ullmandds
01-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Adrian was the the mentally challenged, former coin collector who kept making expensive deals...then welched on the majority of them...eventually got limited to 10 posts/day...need more?

wazoo
01-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Those Adrian threads were the best...I never laughed so hard...

vintagetoppsguy
01-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Is Adrian the lotion guy?

Close. You're thinking of Andrew, not Adrian. That was my choice for thread of the year.

Eric72
01-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Frank,

I respectfully offer, for your consideration, the Net54 Virtual T206 set. Based strictly on the number of replies, it was popular...even if you subtract my posts. More deserving than the Canoscan entry, in my humble (and obviously biased) opinion.

Best,

Eric

AndyG09
01-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Close. You're thinking of Andrew, not Adrian. That was my choice for thread of the year.

Agreed. Like Tim, I had tears from laughing at those awesome photoshops. Just classic.

Best,

Andy

frankbmd
01-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Delete, sent by PM