PDA

View Full Version : 1935 National Chicle set advice

iowadoc77
12-28-2013, 11:30 AM
I am working on this set and having the most fun I have ever had collecting. I am going to do the set in SGC holders only because I love the look of the framed holders. Big thank you to Jeff for his help with the set. Reason for post is needing advice on submitting cards to SGC. Do I send them in top loaders? Obviously send insured. But is there a good or bad time to send them due to specials they are having, etc? How about the 5 cards I have in PSA holders? Will SGC crack them or do I need to and how do I crack the PSA cases? I am half done with the set and I am sure I will upgrade many when done, but any advice appreciated. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and it am really enjoying the forum. Lots of true collectors here. Thanks!

clamendo
12-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Let them crack them out...they do it for a living and you could inadvertently damage a card.

iowadoc77
12-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Let them crack them out...they do it for a living and you could inadvertently damage a card.

Thanks for the advice. I didn't know they would crack them. That makes it much easier. I was just buying raw or SGC. Now I can buy PSA and send to them. Anyone know what SGC charges for grading?

BigRedOne
01-01-2014, 08:09 PM
The crossover rate is like $5-6 each(If you catch the Specials)

You are aware that the PSA cards WILL NOT automatically receive the the same grade from SGC.

If you don't request a minimum grade SGC will access them and assign them the grade they deem correct. Grade could go up or down.

John

iowadoc77
01-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Thanks John! I am aware of the possible lower grade, or higher grade. Either way it is a risk. But definitely want all the cards in the same holders . Have several to grade so need to contact SGC soon