PDA

View Full Version : What's up with these George Kelly ice cream cards??

scooter729
12-26-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm curious if anyone has noticed anything similar with George Kelly cards from the 1928 ice cream series (Yuenglings, Harrington, Tharps, etc).

So, it started with noticing a weird similar mark on two of my Yuenglings. I had two Kelly cards which didn't have the diagonal white streak near his head (first scan), and then I acquired two of them in one lot which did have this white streak (second scan). I assumed it was a similar eraser mark which was made on these two cards for some unknown reason, and forgot about it.

Then, I just bought the Harrington's ice cream card which has the same pose, and the same white streak (last scan). I have gone through images on VCP to check other Kellys, but I haven't found any others.

In checking my two Yuenglings (which are raw), this appears to be on the original image, and not a mark made on the card after printing.

Does anyone else have any George Kellys from the ice cream series, with or without these marks? I'd love to see any others, esp. any with this white streak.

Thanks!

tschock
12-26-2013, 03:00 PM
Scott,

Sorry, I don't have a Kelly to compare to, but I sent you a PM regarding some of your duplicates. - Taylor

edhans
12-27-2013, 03:52 PM
No streak here.

http://t206.monkberry.com/webpics/f50kell.jpg

Leon
12-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Interesting observation. Since the streaks aren't exactly the same it's hard to say what the deal is. I would guess a mfg defect though. Sorry I don't have any to share but don't remember seeing the streak before.