PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a 700-card set (or 2 or 3) of "junk wax" card

Matthew80
12-23-2013, 07:27 PM
I hope this doesn't come off as lazy, but I wanted to see if anyone knew what standard shipping practices and shipping costs were for shipping a set of cards, say, 700-ct. I'm looking to unload a few '87 Fleer sets.

I ask about junk wax because they would be shipped without sleeves for anything but probably the top dozen cards.

Any idea as to cost for one set like this, and/or what cost is if you ship 2 or 3 sets together?

Thanks in advance for any knowledge or good estimates!

savedfrommyspokes
12-24-2013, 07:57 AM
Depending on where you are shipping , the cost to ship may fluctuate (likely below $10). Using PM medium Flat rate boxes through ebay the shipping cost is $10.65. If I remember correctly, I have fit 3 660 card sets in one of those FR boxes. My guess is your best bet is to sell the sets in 3's to save your buyers on s/h (a buyer would be more likely to spend $3.50/set for s/h than $10.65/set for "junk wax" era sets).

Matthew80
12-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Thank you very much. Exactly what I was interested in learning.

frankhardy
12-27-2013, 01:20 PM
Depending on where you are shipping , the cost to ship may fluctuate (likely below $10). Using PM medium Flat rate boxes through ebay the shipping cost is $10.65. If I remember correctly, I have fit 3 660 card sets in one of those FR boxes. My guess is your best bet is to sell the sets in 3's to save your buyers on s/h (a buyer would be more likely to spend $3.50/set for s/h than $10.65/set for "junk wax" era sets).

I agree 100%. I have done this many times. I have also fit three 800 count boxes for 792 count Topps Sets in a medium flat rate box. I always disguise the end flap when I close it with Priority tape because the flaps do not close all the way. I have never had one returned.

In short, I always try to sell sets in lots of 3.